Sign in to follow this  
Sennacherib

brigdes on map

hi,

I try to put bridges on my map, but i don't succeed to put them at the right place. I read the wrptool manual, but that doesn't work.

someone would know a good way to put the bridges on a map.

yes, I did that, but each time the parts don't stay at the places defined.

Well, wrptool tends to align objects to the ground. So, set the correct height in the object inspector (let's say Y=3,5). Then don't move the object anymore, cause if you do so, wrptool will align the bridge part to the ground again. Finally, lock the object in the object browser to avoid any further trouble.

It also depends on the bridge model in OFP from my experience in WRP Tool, in ArmA 2 I haven't come across this problem.

Basically if you have a bridge and the pillar doesn't touch the ground, for example the pillar is 5 meters higher then the ground WRP Tool will align it to the ground when you save the island, so in game there bridge will be 5 meters lower then you set it in WRP Tool.

A simple way to overcome this is to make pillars long enough to reach the ground.

currently I use BAS bridges from Tonal map. the pillars seem long enough. I tried to lock the p3d in the editor, but that doesn't work, the part of bridge which is over water, is even not visible? :confused:

that was more easy to put bridges with the old wrpedit :p