Sign in to follow this  
wipman

- ArmA2 Burning Fire Hack.

Hi, it's very common to enter in a MP server to play and see this:

ArmA2_cheat.jpg

I think that's a hack because it shuddently appears when you're playing and it use to be followed by piled TV towers, piled tanks or planes that begin to explode or fall ruining the performance of everyone and many times shutting down the server where we're playing. It's there any way to aboid this specific thing of the huge fire?; it's very annoying, aside of the rest of the things that those stupid damn hackers do. Let's c ya

Hi, thanks for clarify it to me; i've seen it on Domination W and E and also on Evolution MP missions, many times without even see a single NME aircraft on the air, many time before anyone can have access to any aircraft and wizout have shotdown anything and having just two players on the server, me and a fella.

More than half of the times that i've seen it, it comes with a hacker too creating those silly towers of objects and with a equaly silly team killing serie. Let's C ya

A reconnect may not solve it (clients side), a restart/reassign will (server side).

IMHO, this is mission specific,,,

though in early days of A1/A2, it was in fact a game issue.

The only time I've seen this actually is in domination games.

yup this bug has been around since arma2's launch, and I usually see it in domination.

Fire has to be attached to an object doesn't it? Burning gamelogics maybe?? :eek:

yeah ive seen this in domi, evo and warfare. This usually happens when during a mission you change to another slot and once you have it sometimes tit goos away after like 30min if your lucky, other solution would be to restart your game, sad but true!

The problem should be caused by setVehicleInit usage of the Burn scripts.

All setVehicleInit's executed in a mission, will be executed for JIP players.

Even if the object is destroyed/deleted.

Can you guys reproduce it with ACE? If you cannot, then the problem is probably in the the CA\Data\ParticleEffects scripts included with the game.

WarFX and perhaps other mods use these same scripts so it might be (re)introduced when using those.

Obviously it can also be caused by cheaters who spawn / destruct vehicles, and / or execute the needed code :)

Edited by Sickboy

Last time I saw this happen was when someone had JTD fire effects. Everyone I play with removed it and we never saw the problem again. I am not saying JTD caused it but it did stop when noone had it running.

Hi, some of the times that this happen i remember that some of the players had the WarFX Mod running, i don't know if those JDT Fire Effects are included in that mod. Let's C ya

Have seen it in Insurgency,and we are all running WarFx :j:

I haven't seen it happen in a while. Used to happen a lot in the old A2 versions.

i am sure this happens in any persistent mission with JIP ;)

here it is happening over a year ago with vanilla Arma2 playing a custom mission on a player hosted dedicated server. I Joined In Progress on my own server and this shit was happening...

rrH_K0mP5rs

Nope. It never happens on our private server (running mostly Domination/Domino), as none in our squad uses the addons that causes it. Domination also has some internal ways of dealing with it (override BIS default effects, I believe) that attempts to nullify anyone that joins from having these addons working.

hi, this are the Addons/Mods that i use in MP, for improve the game's performance and also it's look:

- CBA v0.7.3

- OKT NoBlur.

- STHUD Latest.

- GDT Mod Grass.

- GDT Mod HDR.

- Sakura Chan Non Blinding Sun.

Other poeple who don't have/use any of this addons also said that was having the same problem than me, and they didn't even have the CBA much less any of the others, most were using the ArmA2 only (like me) and others were using the OA+ArmA2=CO; we all had that same bug on EVOs and DOMIs. Let's C ya

I just screen shotted this as well about 10 minutes ago.

burnedskyarma2.JPG

Of course, it's only ever a problem when you're stuck inside the big flaming hell box, from the outside it makes a nice postcard :rolleyes:

It's certainly an odd issue if ever there was one, although it can make for quite funny moments when you see a helicopter go off in to the distance to land and a few minutes later notice a gigantic fireball in the sky, I say just blame it on overzealous simulation of the Northern Lights

Hi, i blame BIS, now that i know that's not a hack "per se". Let's C ya