Sign in to follow this  
sas troop

CTI servers

After veeery long break I did installed OFP back and Im trying to turn in my ArmA 2 friends into that classic.

Im trying to show them good old CRCTI, mainly modded, but I have some problems. I am interested mainly in 2 servers:

CTI XR Server

[GGC] DVD & BIS CTI Server

Unfortunately, I encounter two problems:

1. Missing addons.

I have DVD CTI 1.79 and 80+Islands1.3 installed, also some more smaller addons impair. Unfortunately...

2. ..."kicked off" message. I dont remember being banned on any of these servers (that 2 more than 2 years ago I guess), so I dont understand why I receive such a message. Is it connected with lack of addons? If yes, how can I find out what I am missing?

I really please for help, best supported with links to addons, clan sites where I can obtain them etc.

1. Addons for cti missions that are frequently played these days:

irParaZ:

res-z:

For res-z v3 missions you need both.

If you're still missing something, the "Cannot load mission, missing addons" message should tell you.

Check then:

2. Getting the "... kicked off" message right away means

a) that someone is logged in as *Admin* and he locked the server. Usually when the teams are set and the game is about to start, or has been started already.

or

b) that one of your custom files (face, sounds; if you have any) exceeds the server's maxcustomfilesize limit

Edited by dengibtsschon

Is there a guide for how to play these missions? I'm behind by several years and have found that some of the old websites I had bookmarked as sources for info are gone. The above sites seem to assume folks know what to do (unless I've missed something; are the mfcti sourceforge site instructions applicable to all cti forms?).

I'm confused about crcti vs. mfcti vs. zeuscti.

It looks like it could be fun.

Anguis,

Here is an instruction page for MFCTI:

http://mfcti.sourceforge.net/MFCTIInstructions/Instructions.html

The different CTI's are just based on who made them.

crcti = Cleanrock

mfcti = MF (Mike Melvin)

zeuscti = zeus clan

dlcti = Doolittle

kicti = Istvan Kiraly (LaKing)

Basic premiss is you start with an MHQ (mobile headquartes) from which you have options to build various assets. You make money by killing enemy forces, taking towns, salvaging wreaked vehicles. There is a voting system that improves various features of the game. It can be a lot of fun with a cooradinated group of players.

Thanks, man - we have WGL CTI on the TacOps Server (Trinity), but I've never really played (I can't even remember how I got those missions). I think they're based on crCTI, so I've wondered about how to play. Going through the forum posts and CTI websites (even via Wayback), there seem to be differences in emphases and performance, but I don't know enough to understand their significances.

I tried to get on XR w/ the above 2 addon packs, but was kicked - I think they were locked. Is it true that those are the only ones needed? What about that 80+ Islands pack?

sorry for the thread dredge, but i'm looking for all files for some old-fashioned crcti with all the fancy nato factions etc, can anyone please let me know where I can find them all current links google can find are to dead servers :(

sorry for the thread dredge, but i'm looking for all files for some old-fashioned crcti with all the fancy nato factions etc, can anyone please let me know where I can find them all current links google can find are to dead servers :(

K-TTT clan site has most of them:

http://www.k-town-terror-trupp.de/Homepage/downloads/

xrofp only:

http://xraddons.com/addons/@xrofp.rar

You might need some extra islands or addons though.

thank you thank you! K-TTT had the addons I was after (though 80+islands only 2 MB !?!) was really after the CRCTI 1.79 pack so am much closer to what I was after ! thanks again!

EDIT: Found all things I was after THANKS FOR THE HELP!

for those who want missions / files of all kinds of CTI -- http://www.g-g-c.de/forum/showthread.php?t=14081

Edited by Scubbo

How can I find crCTI or other CTI servers nowadays on CWA? Gamespy is down...

I did, but there aren't many server, also I can't join all the servers (can't click the join button) and on others I get instantly kicked off once I join them.

Thats because most CTI servers use the lock on mission start feature to keep players from joining. Playing CTI on OFP reguires a big time investment.

1. Waiting for a new game to start

2. More waiting once you join for them to start the new mission.

I see now. Thanks. But I am using CWA with Steam. Is that a problem for OFP Monitor? I know I should have patched my original OFP to 1.99 but I like to use is through Steam.

As you have probably noticed there aren't many servers for 1.99 (CWA). Majority of the servers is based on 1.96.

I see. Thank you. By the way I only see around 20 servers on OFP Monitor and there are only 5-6 that have players. Am I missing something?

I see. Thank you. By the way I only see around 20 servers on OFP Monitor and there are only 5-6 that have players. Am I missing something?

No, this is normal for this old and niche game. At most, you will find around 20 players on a server at once. Be thankful that we even have MP left thanks to OFP Monitor. :)

As for your issue with connecting to servers - some are for 1.99 version and some for 1.96 and some require mods to join. If you're a beginner and want to start playing CTI, I suggest you rather find some friend who will play with you because some players are pretty good and you will only be kicked around if you aren't experienced... ;)

I have played crCTI like 6 or more years ago :D Thank you all!

Do you guys know how can I make my own server visible on OFP Monitor? I have a OFPR_Server.exe and a batch file to launch it. I also set reportingIP="213.92.154.12"; but my server does not show on OFP Monitor.

You also need to forward the ports, that the server is running on. By default those are UDP 2302 and UDP 2303.

OFPR_Server.exe is the 1.96 server, if you want to host one for 1.99 that'd be ColdWarAssault_Server.exe

TCP/UDP from 2302 to 2305 are forwarded, even firewall is off. Neither 1.96 nor CWA works :(

Is the config file being loaded?

In your batch file you have to use the parameter -config=server.cfg (or whatever your config file is called) in order to let it load the settings from there

Check that by

1) searching for LAN games in the ingame browser, and see if the server name has changed to what you have set it, or

2) add it manuall in ofpmonitor (Settings -> Servers -> Add) and enter localhost:2302 - (I assume you run the server on the same computer), and check its settings there)

2) add it manuall in ofpmonitor (Settings -> Servers -> Add) and enter localhost:2302 - (I assume you run the server on the same computer), and check its settings there)

This worked! Thanks!

This worked! Thanks!

Well, no. It did not. By doing 2) you just added your server to your local server list in OFPMonitor, but that does not enlist it on the master server, so that others can see it too.

But as you managed to add it locally, you may tell us now if your server has loaded the config file. Just compare the server settings that OFPMonitor reports about it, with the ones in the config file.

Well, no. It did not. By doing 2) you just added your server to your local server list in OFPMonitor, but that does not enlist it on the master server, so that others can see it too.

But as you managed to add it locally, you may tell us now if your server has loaded the config file. Just compare the server settings that OFPMonitor reports about it, with the ones in the config file.

Everything is the same. I can join my game through OFPMonitor or LAN. The hostname, motd, admin password, maximum player slots are the same. Here is what my bat file looks like:

REM OPERATION FLASHPOINT RESISTANCE STANDALONE DEDICATED SERVER LAUNCHER
REM
REM
OFPR_Server.exe -nomap -server -config=server.cfg -cfg=server_flashpoint.cfg
REM                    ^^^^^^^^^^
REM
REM Name your config file here.

The parameters -server and -cfg do not exist for the dedicated server, you can leave them out. But they should not be the problem as the config is loaded.

The search goes on then..

In your config check that you have the reportingIP entry only once in there, and that the maxPlayers setting is below 128 (I restricted that setting to 1 - 128 on the master server). Those two were issues for other hosters in the past

Apart from that I can only offer you a connectivity test then, to check whether something is failing on the master server, and your server is reachable from the outside. I don't have access to the logs of the current master server, so I'll host one on my connection and you let your server report to it.