Sign in to follow this  
pogoman979

Empires

Mission files (0.131): http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13613

Empires is PVP mission based on the HL2 mod called Empires:

http://www.empiresmod.com/drupal/

I was working on it a few months ago but due to a general lack of interest from the community in PVP other than warfare i sort of lost motivation and have since moved on to other projects. I've decided to post it now as it's been over a month since i last worked on it and if i don't release it now no one will ever see it again.

It has been thoroughly tested, although the latest iteration not so much, and it should also be compatible with ACE, at least with the version of ACE that was out more than a month ago.

If there is enough interest i will continue working on it because i think its a great gamemode, otherwise however this will be the last version.

Gameplay Info (from briefing):

The objective of the game is to destroy the opposing teams' command vehicle or headquaters (HQ).

Classes:

Engineer: The most important class early on, the engineer can build/repair structures with his pistol by walking up to them and firing when the buildings' health bar can be seen.

The engineer can also repair vehicles.

Rifleman: Has access to the most powerful assault rifles and machineguns and is the typical grunt of the battlefield.

Grenadier: Has access to Anti-Vehicle weapons and is the only class that can drive tanks.

Scout: Has camouflage and uses long range sniper rifles. Is also undetected by Autoturrets when prone.

Buildings:

Command Vehicle: Marked by an HQ icon on the map. If this vehicle is destroyed your team will lose, and the other team will win. The driver of the command vehicle is the commader for the team and

is the only unit that can place buildings, drop supplies and research. Buildings can only be placed around players on the commanders team. To select players to build around choose the 'Select Target' option

in the commanding menu when in build mode. Research gives access to better turret and vehicle technologies.

Refinery: Can only be built on resource nodes which are marked by yellow crosses on the map. Refineries generate income for your team.

Barracks: Spawn points for your team. You can also walk up to a Barracks and when you see the health bar an option to change class/barracks will appear which

allows you to teleport to any other barracks as well as change your class.

Field Hospital: A place for players to heal.

Radar: Allows the commander to research.

Vehicle Factory: Allows players to build vehicles using the 'vehicle contruction' action.

MG Autoturret: A turret that automatically engages enemy infantry within it's range (at lvl 1 the range is 100m).

ML Autoturret: A turret that automatically engages enemy vehicles within it's range (at lvl 1 the range is 200m).

Wall: ...

Some screenies:

arma2oa2011-03-0215-49-42-31.jpg

arma2oa2011-03-0215-53-38-51.jpg

arma2oa2011-03-0215-55-20-31.jpg

arma2oa2011-03-0215-50-51-73.jpg

arma2oa2011-03-0215-56-42-71.jpg

Edited by pogoman979
added armaholic link

Sounds like a great idea -will try to give it a go! :cool:

I actually remember playing this mod @ hl2 ^^

Also will give it a try!

This idea sounds awesome!

Has some good elements from warfare and other PvP that I like..research trees look interesting too

could be a new MP mode in the making...will play through a bunch and post some feedback.. thx again pogo :D

Nice... hope to see it running somewhere.

could be a new MP mode in the making...

Pretty sure it fits one of these types...

AAD - Attack and Defend

AAS - Advance and Secure

C&H - Capture and Hold

C&K - Capture and Kill

CTB - Capture the Base

CTF - Capture the Flag

CTI - Capture the Island (Warfare is CTI)

DM - Death Match

E&E - Escape & Evasion

FF - Flag Fight

HUNT - Hunting (Player vs. Creature (as/or Human))

KOTH - King of the Hill

MISC - Miscellaneous (genres not fitting in any category)

OBJ - Objective (co-op style objectives with PvP/TvT element)

PvP - Player vs. Player (broad title covering all Player vs. Player modes)

RC - Race

RPG - Role Playing Game

RTS - Real Time Strategy

SC - Sector Control

TDM - Team Death Match

TFF - Team Flag Fight

TRNG - Training Missions

TvT - Team vs. Team

VIP - VIP Protection/Assassination (Team vs. Team or Team vs. Player)

:)

May I ask whether there are any servers which are running this mod available?

AAD - Attack and Defend

AAS - Advance and Secure

C&H - Capture and Hold

C&K - Capture and Kill

CTB - Capture the Base

CTF - Capture the Flag

DM - Death Match

E&E - Escape & Evasion

FF - Flag Fight

KOTH - King of the Hill

RC - Race

RPG - Role Playing Game

RTS - Real Time Strategy

SC - Sector Control

TDM - Team Death Match

TFF - Team Flag Fight

TRNG - Training Missions

TvT - Team vs. Team

OK .. speaking of mission/mod lingo, can someone tell me what the "@" means when included in a mission or campaign name? I know that "@" is often a signifier of a mod folder (again, not consistently used, AFAIK). Whatever it means in naming/announcements it seems to be used gratuitously and inconsistently a lot of the time. I'm too embarrassed to start a thread entirely devoted to the meaning of "@". Maybe someone could publish an Arma dictionary sometime.

Played a couple rounds on local LAN.. didnt see any servers yet

Couldn't get my buildings to finish though..would get to 25% and stay red outline?

---

class-system is nice & fast-paced

research trees and factorys look good.. i like the customize vehicle options alot (camo type would be cool 2 ;))

refinerys have to be placed on the gas veins.. which leaves a new tactic open.. crippling the enemy economy :D

---

hope you keep it up pogo :yay: or pass on to someone willing to take under their wing.. id be glad to play more of it

AAD - Attack and Defend

AAS - Advance and Secure

C&H - Capture and Hold

C&K - Capture and Kill

CTB - Capture the Base

CTF - Capture the Flag

DM - Death Match

E&E - Escape & Evasion

FF - Flag Fight

KOTH - King of the Hill

RC - Race

RPG - Role Playing Game

RTS - Real Time Strategy

SC - Sector Control

TDM - Team Death Match

TFF - Team Flag Fight

TRNG - Training Missions

TvT - Team vs. Team

:eek: wow didn't know so many game modes were established already lol ... warfare domi coop and rpg seem to be the big MP modes

Empires works great as AAD or CTB imo... focus would stay on team/base building and PvP enemy hunting

Couldn't get my buildings to finish though..would get to 25% and stay red outline?

Your build gun has a heat meter in the top right hand corner of the screen, if it reaches 100% you won't be able to build until it cools off. The greater the percentage of heat, the longer it takes to cool off, so if you overheat it you won't be building much for awhile.

The research tree is only partially implemented, that was something i was half way through implementing.

hope you keep it up pogo or pass on to someone willing to take under their wing.. id be glad to play more of it

I will keeping updating it if people play it.

I played Empires allot before and I tried this level out on proving grounds.

Its pretty neat and loyal to what Empires is, but I have to admit it felt, game wise, a little dated. There was allot of manual labor in Empires and I am not to sure thats what Arma peeps want. Just being honest with my view here, not trying to drag you down or anything.

I really enjoyed the rts part though with the placing on resources etc.

Even when I know its Empires it sort of also felt a little like Savage 2 as well.

Its pretty neat and loyal to what Empires is, but I have to admit it felt, game wise, a little dated. There was allot of manual labor in Empires and I am not to sure thats what Arma peeps want. Just being honest with my view here, not trying to drag you down or anything.

Depends - I think there are a lot of players in arma 2 who like to try sth. new or simply want some variety. But of course you are right with the assumption that it's another feeling of playing Empires in Arma 2 instead of HL2 - definitely!

I will keeping updating it if people play it.

I'm looking forward to new updates for sure :)

In my opinion it's really refreshing to play Empires as it includes new interesting gameplay elements/features which are really worth being tried out :)

hello,

this gamemode looks like a realy good public pvp map. please do not stop to work on it.

a question: how i build strucutres? i was engineer class and fired with my handgun on the building (when heathbar seen) but the heathbar didnt grow up. (only my heat with the time...)

whats the error? did i make a mistake?

so long

May I ask whether there are any servers which are running this mod available?

We have it on our server -filter 'Renegades'

Not had chance to test myself yet! :(

-Psycho-;1870408']hello' date='

this gamemode looks like a realy good public pvp map. please do not stop to work on it.

a question: how i build strucutres? i was engineer class and fired with my handgun on the building (when heathbar seen) but the heathbar didnt grow up. (only my heat with the time...)

whats the error? did i make a mistake?

so long[/quote']

Sounds like you did it all correctly. Can you provide a bit more information, like what team you were on and which building, as i've never had such a problem. It could be you were trying to build the radar by yourself which takes a long time so it may have seemed like nothing was happening.

i played on desert map by redside. building was a oilpump and a heavy fac. but my buddys on the blue side has are the same problem. ...played on dedicated server, vanilla 1.57

have a nice day

sounds like a serverside issue. Such events happened to me and a bunch of other guys a few weeks ago because their server provider (hypernia) was having ip issues with clients. In any case i can assure you the buildgun works.