Sign in to follow this  
Rudedog

Combat! Addons - WIP Discussion

Something a bit non-US. A Tiger ARH. Ever since I finished the AH64D model for ArmA2, I've wanted to make this. So... Now I am. It's still has a long road to travel before It's flying high in-game, but It's a start. This is one model I cannot wait to get some textures on!

1440mdh.jpg

Hi-Res: http://i45.tinypic.com/14jvpxw.jpg

:o:

It. Looks. Gorgeous! :dance1::dance1:

Abs

Oh i love you... now the real question... which nations version? :P personally i favour the Australian ARH :P

Nice Tiger, looks Australian but has no gun, looks German with no gun but has no mast mounted sensor, i r confused.

Awesome stuff Adumb :)

Any chance of finding out what versions are planned?

Nice Tiger, looks Australian but has no gun, looks German with no gun but has no mast mounted sensor, i r confused.

I guess its what you call... work in progress. ;)

Cool beans, Mr Boyes.

Look forward to seeing more progress.

Work in progress? What that? Nobody shows a model progress, only done! (I jest) Hope that we get to see a few more steps of the bids evolution to a finalized unit, it's a past time I enjoyed, watching something along it's creation rather than suddenly spring up, a big rarity nowadays.

Edited by NodUnit

Nice Tiger :)

ARH is the one used by the Australian army ;)

Oh i love you... now the real question... which nations version? :P personally i favour the Australian ARH :P

Tiger ARH (Armed Reconnaissance Helicopter) is the version the Australian Army use. As of right now, I only have the ARH planned. If someone else later on down the line would like to make a France or Germany model, I'd be more then happy to give them a copy to do so.

I would never post such a thing.

Cool beans, Mr Boyes.

Look forward to seeing more progress.

I knew I'd see you in here. ;)

Tiger ARH (Armed Reconnaissance Helicopter) is the version the Australian Army use. As of right now, I only have the ARH planned.

Can I ask what armament you're planning then?

It's just the large pods under the winglets in the render look a bit like the 22rnd, 68mm SNEB pods carried on French and Spanish HADs or the PARS3 launchers on German UH Tiger. IIRC the Aussies use cylindrical 19rnd Hydra-70 launchers and Hellfires on their Tigers instead of those.

Model's a beaut though mate; will look shit-hot in Aussie camo when you get around to texturing.

Can I ask what armament you're planning then?

It's just the large pods under the winglets in the render look a bit like the 22rnd, 68mm SNEB pods carried on French and Spanish HADs or the PARS3 launchers on German UH Tiger. IIRC the Aussies use cylindrical 19rnd Hydra-70 launchers and Hellfires on their Tigers instead of those.

Model's a beaut though mate; will look shit-hot in Aussie camo when you get around to texturing.

They are just for scale. I was having a hard time with the wings and needed something I could work off. I just haven't deleted them is all. I've always been a fan of Aussie camo so this will be my first go at trying to paint some! :)

FYI in all media and the times i've gone up and looked around one i've never seen a ARH with the square rocket pods (Read: We don't use them :P) ours are always armed with hexagonal (rounded edge) pods of 7 or circular pods of 19 2.75 cal rockets on the outside station with either fuel tanks or 2 or 4 rack Hellfire pods on the inside station.

Edit: Removed irreverent stuff, i swear the above posts weren't there when i posted >_>

Edited by Scarecrow398

The post right above yours has the answer to why those pods are on the model :D

I have a few photos I took at an Airshow a few years back that will come in handy for some of the texture details mate, I'll track try and track them down.

The post right above yours has the answer to why those pods are on the model :D

I have a few photos I took at an Airshow a few years back that will come in handy for some of the texture details mate, I'll track try and track them down.

*sigh* I didn't see that either, screw it.

Happy to help with any feedback as well, I just provided the support for the ADF ARH evaluation for VBS2 so can provide some helpful feedback to get it as the most realistic ARH available.

I know that the last post of these topic is about 504 ago. But anyway i wanna ask if the AddOns is dead?!

Want this: M1009_W.jpg.html

Thread closed. If the OP wants to add something, please contact a moderator and the thread will promptly be re-opened!