Sign in to follow this  
Blackregiment

Hi all! A few rookie questions...

If you hold down the alt key and move your mouse your head moves around independtly of your body. So if you're running one direction you can look around in a 270 degreeish arc if you so choose. He was just advising him to use the capability.

Its called Freelook and ist really usefull. You can scan around with your gun still pointed towards the enmy position

Hi Tonci87

You are incorrect. When still or laid in the grass moving your head does not atract the AI as much as moving your body. Also works in MP. It is one of the key advantages of Track IR but works with the mouse and the default left [Alt] button too. You also use it when moving just keep situational awareness. Once you have started using track IR to do, this it feels awful when you have not turned it on; almost claustraphobic.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

The free look is bound to a mouse button I use it all the time its a great feature and with out it I would have died many more times.

The free look is bound to a mouse button I use it all the time its a great feature and with out it I would have died many more times.

Hi all

Good suggestion stk2008!

With a Five button mouse just use the 5th button, I use the 4th button for push to talk.

Free look is also good for flying and driving allowing to you to glance where you intend to go as well as maintain situational awareness.

Of course I have track IR so its not a problem for me.

Kind Regards walker

haha we kinda use the same setup then walker.

I use my 5th mouse button for LOOK and my 4th button for PTT :).

I do have a track IR well a DIY version using the Freetrack software I made and LED array and its works great.

It does take some getting use to and I intend to one day but at the moment I have no time to.

And yes if your a pilot WOW its great I can land on any spot using freetrack etc its so much easier to look around the chopper/plane.

Its called Freelook and ist really usefull. You can scan around with your gun still pointed towards the enemy position

Walker, please explain what is incorrect about this? :confused:

I have the Frelook on the ALT Button, I can press it easily with my Thumb

Hi Tonci87

Its called Freelook and ist really usefull. You can scan around with your gun still pointed towards the enmy position

My use of bold in quoted text

...Freelook and ist really usefull...

Reads to mean "Freelook and is not really usefull"

If you meant to say "Freelook and is really usefull" then I would accept that it was butter fingered typo and give my apology; though I think you can see why a person reading it would understand "ist" to mean "is not".

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

He is from Germany, where 'ist' means 'is' :) I will assume it was just a typo/moment of confusion. ;)

To be fair though, I had a moment's confusion as well until I got the rest of the context right :)