Sign in to follow this  
bboy

Civilian becomes enemy of OPFOR?

I want to make mission where civilians are friends of BLUFOR and enemy of OPFOR. So, to do this i put this inside one trigger:

condition: alive player

on activation: West setFriend [Civilian,1]; Civilian setFriend [West,1]

Working...

Then, i wannet to do that player, Civilian, is enemy of OPFOR, and that OPFOR shot on Civilian. So i put this inside another trigger:

condition: alive player

on activation: East setFriend [Civilian,0]; Civilian setFriend [East,0]

The problem is cos' OPFOR do not shot on civilian! Sometimes just aiming and tracking with the rifle, but not shot...

Then i tryed to name the player, example, Jon, and to put this inside an OPFOR unit:

this doFire Jon

In that case, if i put the player, civilian, near that OPFOR unit, the OPFOR gonna shot, but if i put player far from the OPFOR, and than just walk to him, he doing nothing, just keep aiming and foloving the player with the rifle... ???

Another problem, if i connect some BLUFOR units to the player, civilian, they will recognize OPFOR as enemy, but not shot, till i give command to do that... So my buddy gonna tell me that there is some enemy, we can walk to him easly, and only if i order him to take him out, he gonna do that... Litle bit' stupid... Is that a bug in the editor or i just do something wrong?

Look at the command reference for setFriend.

Allow me to quote some notes that may be of interest to you:

"Intended to be used on mission start. Changing value during mission can cause unexpected errors in AI behavior."

"Setting the civilian side to be the enemy of any other side will result in the other side attacking inanimate mission editor placed objects such as empty vehicles and static objects, since these objects belong to the civilian side."

...so it looks like it may not be a good idea to do what you are trying to do.

I am not sure if that statement about units attacking buildings is still valid, maybe the behaviour was changed with some patch (but i doubt it).

Anyway, since you are setting the side friendliness in a trigger (which is triggered AFTER the mission starts), it looks like the problem described in the first guote (try to set the side friendliness at the start of your init.sqf script and see what happens.)

Look at the command reference for setFriend.

Allow me to quote some notes that may be of interest to you:

"Intended to be used on mission start. Changing value during mission can cause unexpected errors in AI behavior."

"Setting the civilian side to be the enemy of any other side will result in the other side attacking inanimate mission editor placed objects such as empty vehicles and static objects, since these objects belong to the civilian side."

...so it looks like it may not be a good idea to do what you are trying to do.

I am not sure if that statement about units attacking buildings is still valid, maybe the behaviour was changed with some patch (but i doubt it).

Anyway, since you are setting the side friendliness in a trigger (which is triggered AFTER the mission starts), it looks like the problem described in the first guote (try to set the side friendliness at the start of your init.sqf script and see what happens.)

Thank's for advices man... I dont want to spend time with that cos' it seem's like a bug... One thing... I want to put that in init.sqf, how to write inside?

Would the creategroup and joinsilent commands solve your problems or is that not exactly what your looking for?

Would the creategroup and joinsilent commands solve your problems or is that not exactly what your looking for?

Can you please write me how exactly and where i need to put those commands?

Can you please write me how exactly and where i need to put those commands?

Hi,

_civ joinSilent (createGroup EAST);

_neo_

_group = createGroup east;

[_civilianname] joinsilent _group;

I explained it in a little more detail in a different thread...

My trigger to do this looks like this:

Blufor present

on act: (I first set weapons for all 3 members of civ group) then I use: t1=createGroup east; [civ] joinsilent t1; [civ1] joinsilent t1; [civ2] joinsilent t1;

Now when I enter the trigger the civs pick up arms and join OPFORs side.

Edited by Rail82

Thank you on this... But i think that i found better solution to make this mission... Thanks anyway!

Would you share your method? We all want to learn the best most efficient ways of doing things, and if you found a way, you should share it so the rest of us can learn.

Would you share your method? We all want to learn the best most efficient ways of doing things, and if you found a way, you should share it so the rest of us can learn.

With that better solution i was thinking to make a switchable unit so in the middle of mission to switch from CIVILIAN into WEST unit...