Sign in to follow this  
.kju

A&S ProMode (Advance And Secure) Game Mode

Hi,

Trying to set these missions up on my dedi server and while testing, I noticed a problem with using the FDF units.

• The parameter setup lets you choose these guys as WEST.
  • As they are Independant you supply a pbo "RebaseFDFunitsToWestSide_Gameplay_C_PvPscene.pbo" to re-assign them as West - great stuff.
  • The init.sqf when it is checking for server side addons looks for RebaseFDFunitsToEastSide_Gameplay_C_PvPscene

The result is that the default US units are used even when the server has the FDF mod loaded.

Now, I can easily fix this myself for my server, but I though I would let you know. I haven't checked every single mission by the way, but I assume you have duplicated init.sqf throughout them all.

This is a great set of missions by the way - makes a change from the norm! Some of the scripting in there is awesome!

EDIT --->

I changed the pbo so that it was now a rebase East Side (even though it is actually re-basing to West!). I now realise that this pbo needs to be also on the client, otherwise the mission cannot load the FDF units. I can see a couple of issues with this....

1. My server needs signed keys.

2. Whoever plays the AnS missions will need to somehow download my hacked pbo! Of course the way around this is to change all the init.sqf files in the missions abd re-pbo them - but they would still need your version of the rebase pbo.

I think I might just give up on Finland!!

Edited by Jedra

Argh .. thanks for the info. Fixed. :o

There should be a hotfix out this weekend.

Yes unfortunately ever instance will need the addon.

I will provide an unique sign file and key for it.

However in practical terms it only works for private play where you can easily

tell people to download the file first.

On the positive note people can still join the mission and get an info message

about the missing addon(s) rather not being able to join in the first place.

So you have the chance to inform them via chat about the addon too.

That aside one can change the side of an unit dynamically via the means of

scripting, yet it adds some additional complexity.

It would be nice to mix modsets with any desired combination. Therefore it is

on the todo list, but not in the top area.

That aside if you have any other feedback or suggestions, you are most welcome!

Also thanks for the commendation. :bounce3:

---

Next on the list are two main areas:

• Server side AI tweaks to improve especially AI infantry combat abilities
  • Much enhanced fireteam functionality with side/fireteam respawn and radio commands

Great - thanks for the update. My next step is to put these onto my favourite maps (Duala, Lingor and then the CWR2 Islands). Need to play it a bit first though!

Duala and Lingor are available for the random mode. CWR2 islands will be in the hotfix.

Unless you want to build specific scenarios yourself. :)

Lol - I'll just play then - I haven't checked out the random missions yet. You are too good to us ;-)

PvPscene, is there a marines/russian on Chernarus or Utes version of A&S?

Jedra in the random mode you can adjust the zone positions in the briefing phase as admin:

---

Muahaha do you mean modsets for USMC and Russian units of ArmA II?

Jedra in the random mode you can adjust the zone positions in the briefing phase as admin:

---

That is very cool indeed! It would certainly give some surprises to people who think they 'know the map'!

I will be trying this out once my 'real work' is done for the day.

yes, arma2 units and maps basically.

Ignore what I said bout the maps. I though there were a separate mission-set previously that has A2 units on Chernarus and Utes.

There are: Convert all a2 missions to CO

The problem is the conversion requires editor removal of some obsolete objects or a

tool, yet to be developed*, to automatize it.

* The Mac.Arma .Net assembly would make the creation of a tool rather simple and limited effort.

I considered to write it on my own a while ago, yet as the interest in the a2 missions

seemed low I haven't (we ourselves played them to death already and rather play on new

community made worlds).

Hi PvPscene,

I have created some MODsets for some of my favourite units for use in AnS..

Goose's UKSF and SFSG (4 different unit types)

Meatball0311's MARSOC units (DMARPAT and WMARPAT)

Davey Gary's Rangers

TF86 - Navy Seals (8 different unit types)

UKForces - 3rd British Rifles (includes definitions for the UKForces Weapons pack).

Screenhot of the selection screen...

aasscreen.jpg

Here is a link to the mission (it's the Lingor version). If you want to use the loadouts in future releases then please feel free.

Lingor Mission with new loadouts

If you would rather I had not posted this, then please let me know - I'll remove it immediately.

I am going to do some East units next.

Lastly - I have a request...

Currently you have the vehicle class sets as part of the Unit Mod Set. This is sensible for full mods like I44 or SFP etc, but it would be good if the vehicle mod set could also be selected from the params screen and therefore creating a separate sqf for them in MODsets. This would then allow people to easilly add in vehicle mods and use them with any unit sets. Often the mods released are either units or vehicles and less so full blown mods with units and vehicles. Anyway, just a thought.

EDIT ---> New version up with SGW's North Koreans - I also did a flag - it's in the pictures directory. I started to do PRACS but then I remembered that they were Independent and I don't have the energy to do a re-base!

EDIT AGAIN ---> Added US Female Soldiers (Girls vs Boys anyone?). Added Vimpels FSB uinits - also added configs for VILAS' eastern weapons pack (well, 80% of it anyway - have you seen how many weapons are in that pack!!).

Edited by Jedra

Twentieth release of A&S ProMode (2011-09-18)

After a long, unplanned, summer break this release supplies you with

several additional modsets - much thanks to Jedra. In addition you find

the random mode version for all recently released community worlds.

Please read the changelog below for details.

Note: The files with the _AI_ tag have the AI mode active by default.

You can see the planned additions for the next release in the roadmap.

2011-09-18 changelog

• Added: a2 modset (USMC, CDF, Russian, Insurgents).
  • Added: BAF modset.
  • Added: a variety of new modsets.

• Changed: Add random mode version for Testfield.
  • Changed: Add random mode version for CWR Kolgujev.
  • Changed: Add random mode version for Buldge.
  • Changed: Add random mode version for Tigeria.
  • Changed: Add random mode version for Taviana.
  • Changed: Add random mode version for HellsKitchen.
  • Changed: Add random mode version for CinderCity.
  • Changed: Add random mode version for FayshKhabur.
  • Changed: Add random mode version for Geotypical Microterrains.

• Fixed: Addon check for FDF MOD is broken.

You can review the list of changes in detail.

The optional AI mode can be used for enjoyment while waiting for the server

to fill or as training. See the details in the features section of the wiki.

The A&S ProMode (2011-09-18) pack is available in the filebase.

Find more about A&S ProMode, its features and countless configuration options in the wiki.

Leave your feedback in the forum and enjoy!

Glad to hear Delta99. :)

Do play with a local server / by hosting a game session or do you mean truly as SP mission Delta99?

What do you think about the AI behavior and capabilities?

Glad to hear Delta99. :)

Do play with a local server / by hosting a game session or do you mean truly as SP mission Delta99?

What do you think about the AI behavior and capabilities?

I play SP by hosting with a local server and just joining myself with AI.

The AI works incredibly well on most of the missions I've played and the random mode. Very occasionally I've seen something strange happen but usually it works really really well.

I usually play with no vehicles so not sure how well the AI handle vehicles. Maybe I'll mess around with that a little one time.

Thanks for the insights Delta99!

The plan is to make it also playable in SP itself - with respawn.

However in SP one cannot use the mission parameters (or I had to think of something).

Currently I am working of AI config tweaks addons to improve the AI.

Basically to make it act faster, use more ammo, attack on longer ranges;

in return it will hit less accurately. :)

To get AI to actively revive players and other AI is still high on the list.

As well as to be able to revive AI as player and to be able to join at an AI officer.

I thought of one more thing with the AI. I think what I've noticed is that they are more static in open terrain but in terrain or mission like "North Rasman" they behave really well it seems. I've played that mission hundreds of times and it never gets boring.

Yes, I had a feeling the revive didn't work with AI so I gave up with it early on.

Great improvements to the random mode by the way with being able to move the zones. I love creating a random mission and then just slightly altering the zones. Sometimes you find a really great zone setup so was wondering if it would be possible to save those zones and then recall them in the future or save to a new mission or something.

Good point with saving good layouts. We have discussed this too in our team.

I'd love to get it "fully" automated, yet I fear it would involve some text editor work.

Maybe with the next release there will be a first test version to see how it goes. :)

In terms of revive - right now AI will only do it by "accident" - that means if it is close

enough to a player. To make it work in an effective manner the AI needs to divert to

a dead body when nearby. This is not trivial to realize though.

Apart from a high level AI management (waypoints, flanking, behavior, combat mode)

the AI relies, and is has to, on the engine behavior.

There is only limited ways you can influence AI directly and effectively.

In any case glad to hear you are enjoying the fights. :)

Twenty-first release of A&S ProMode (2011-12-17)

This small update just adds a couple of random mode mission for new community made worlds.

This may be very well the last release of A&S ProMode. So thanks for your interest!

2011-12-17 changelog

• Changed: Show for AI units an abbreviation of the class type instead of full class names in minimap/map.
  • Changed: Add random mode version for Moschnyi Island.
  • Changed: Add random mode version for Bush's Geotypical Microterrains - 2km x 2km x 2 meter test terrain.
  • Changed: Add random mode version for Bush's Geotypical Microterrains - 2km x 2km x 4 meter test terrain.
  • Changed: Add random mode version for Clafghan.
  • Changed: Add random mode version for Emita City.
  • Changed: Add random mode version for Tigeria SE.

The optional AI mode can be used for enjoyment while waiting for the server

to fill or as training. See the details in the features section of the wiki.

The A&S ProMode (2011-12-17) pack is available in the filebase.

Find more about A&S ProMode, its features and countless configuration options in the wiki.

Leave your feedback in the forum and enjoy!

One of the greatest missions of all time guys so congrats and great work.

I still use it in SP mode and it works very very well. You might even want to promote it that way somewhere.

It is really too bad that you don't see it being loaded on servers out there. I suspect people just don't know about it for some reason.

Absolutely agree, we sometimes play it on Sundays. Although original AAS is somewhat preferred by our team.

Hi all,

You friendly neighbourhood necromancer here! It is for a reason though. I have added four new Advance and Secure missions for the new Army of the Czech Republic DLC. There are two missions each for Bystrica and Bukovina (I may have got that spelling wrong - apologies for that!). They are all random mode, one with AI and one without.

I will maybe do some none-random missions if time allows, but I am about to go on holiday again and then back into hospital for my third operation of the year (nothing serious - just attempting to glue my shoulders on properly - again).

Anyway, you can download the mission pack here.

They are obviously multiplayer - either for your dedicated server or for your LAN - you will need the ACR DLC to play (not tried with the lite versions, but I guess they will work?).

Thanks to kju for making AAS and to BIS for the ACR DLC!!

Great stuff Jedra. Hopefully PvPscene will include this in their release.