Sign in to follow this  
.kju

A&S ProMode (Advance And Secure) Game Mode

Thanks - I have updated the archive in the link in my post above - added a couple more missions, made some tweaks and fixed a 'bug' (more of a timing issue) in the death handler of the base code. Enjoy!

this is really cool and i would like to play it really soon :D

---------- Post added at 02:08 ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 ----------

this is sweet as F*** tried it out and tis awesome im also trying to make my own kind of mission for sp and mp. but really need help with it.

i have probably put this all in the wrong place and for this i apologize as this is my first time posting on any forum at all, but its worth a shot... :/

I have started creating a mission following the events of the conflict of La Drang valley in Vietnam I have used the unsung mod to do so.

I have created the basics on what I want to happen in this mission its just I am a complete noob and have no clue what I am doing.

in this mission i want it to be a like for like down to every detail based on the war film we were soldiers.

I just need help from a kind soul that could lend a hand in helping me with setting objectives and tasks etc..

And also really fine tuning this mission so it would look and turn out like a really great mission for the Vietnam fan's

i hope this message is read by someone who could really help and i apologize for the lack of information and the place where i have put this information.

if you are interested please don't hesitate to email me so i can send you the mission file and let you see for your self the work i have put in so far.

streetja@hotmail.co.uk

@streetja - not the right place for your post really. You might try either the Unsung thread or the Editing and Scripting forum. This thread is specifically for the Advance and Secure game mode missions.

Also, I wouldn't put your email address in a post - people can use the Private Message system - privacy and all that - and you don't want to get your email address picked up by a spam bot!

Good luck with your mission though - sounds good!

ok thanks so much i tried to find a unsung forum but i didnt look good enough sorry for bugging you guys

I've tried to edit a bit the AnS random mode pbos, working on MODset files trying to include some more custom factions (Molatian army, IRA resistants and so on..): while I compiled without problems the units and vehicles lists, I have a major problem:

MODsets should be called from init file (13 cases actually for EAST factions for examples) and description.ext: but descrition.ext is not readable, as well as stringtable, inside the pbo file and I cant extract it to edit: can someone help me extracting these two files so I can figure how to add more factions to the gamemode?

I've tried to edit a bit the AnS random mode pbos, working on MODset files trying to include some more custom factions (Molatian army, IRA resistants and so on..): while I compiled without problems the units and vehicles lists, I have a major problem:

MODsets should be called from init file (13 cases actually for EAST factions for examples) and description.ext: but descrition.ext is not readable, as well as stringtable, inside the pbo file and I cant extract it to edit: can someone help me extracting these two files so I can figure how to add more factions to the gamemode?

There should be nothing you need to change in Description.ext, but you do need to change the Params.hpp file in the folder descriptionExt. You need to change the parameters in classes AAS_Params_MODsWest and/or AAS_Params_MODsEast which are near the top of this file.

Even though you don't need to change it, description.ext should be readable with a text editor like notepad.

Thanks a lot Jedra, the problem was that my pbo files of AnS were corrupted, so I did not have access to the descritionExt folder: I used your missions as template and, removing ACR that I do not own, I've been able to properly add new units and factions.

Thanks a lot Jedra, the problem was that my pbo files of AnS were corrupted, so I did not have access to the descritionExt folder: I used your missions as template and, removing ACR that I do not own, I've been able to properly add new units and factions.

Ah yes, I had that - for some reason some of the pbo's don't extract correctly - I eventually found one that did!

Yeah I think I had to use eliteness (or was it pboview?) to properly extract those missions. They just wouldn't extract properly with cpbo.

Hey guys, for some reason I noticed this recently. When playing either in a SP mode (in MP game) or MP with other players after about 10-20 secs after start the human players become invisible at least to other humans. The AI still see you but firing on you seems to have no effect. That is, you seem invincible to AI. Don't think I've noticed this before and running with Vanilla so not sure what is happening. Parameters were all set on default and I was using the North Rasman mission.

selectPlayer has been changed in 1.62. This is probably why. Adjusted the code with a workaround in Blitzkrieg to avoid this issue.

I will try to push out an update for the Arma version soon.

Thanks PvPScene. I probably haven't tried messing with these missions since 1.62.

hi

sry for replying in such an old thread...

but i wanted to play this mission with some friends vs AI...

but we have the problem that we get invisible...

if we change our class we are visible again fore some secounds or minutes and get invisible again...

i searched the web for solution and i also found some similar problems of other ppl with other missions...

i know that it is a known issue but i cant find any solution to this problem...

they said it can be caused by addons / mods but we dont use any

i never created any mission so i cant solve it...

i hope any of you can tell me what i have to do to make this mission work again...

Edited by Atom-Atomic

hey Atom-Atomic :)

sorry to hear of your troubles - I will look into it early next week and try to get a fix out ASAP.

;2476713']hey Atom-Atomic :)

sorry to hear of your troubles - I will look into it early next week and try to get a fix out ASAP.

Read a few posts ago, same issue ;)

hi

sry for replying in such an old thread...

but i wanted to play this mission with some friends vs AI...

but we have the problem that we get invisible...

if we change our class we are visible again fore some secounds or minutes and get invisible again...

Have the same issue but never bothered to report it. But i'm glad .kju [PvPscene] is going to fix it because before the invisible bug this was awesome!

And thanks for reporting it guys because i was too bloody laaaaazy! ;)

Yeah, but unfortunately I haven't been able to play this for almost a year now. By the time Kju fixes I will probably be fully on A3 ;)

;2488110']Can you please try this version and report back any issues:

Thanks!

Thanks '.kju, i've downloaded them but can't try them until tomorrow as i'm getting drunk today as it's my 44th birthday! Will get back to you ASAP unless someone beats me to it! ;)

Thanks .kju

I tested the updated version this morning and can confirm that the players are no longer turning invisible.

Thanks again for fixing this issue as it had stopped us using the gamemode, which was a shame as in my opinion it is the best Arma 2 PvP gamemode out there.

i tested it for a while now and the player doesn't get invisible anymore

but i found a bug:

the AI setting "Default: always on" don't work for me (no AI)

i have to set it to "always on" manually for AI

Thanks for your work on that =)

will you also update the RandomMode version?

Over 1.5 years later .. sorry for the late update. :(

Next time please bug me more. :bounce3:

The AI version should work now. Although the parameter text for the default setting might be wrong.

Can't quite remember the manual parts of the build/release process..

Thanks to you three guys for testing! And belated happy bday Law-Giver. :yay:

---

Twenty-second release of A&S ProMode (2013-09-08)

This small update fixes the invisible players bug and has some minor code fixes.

The optional AI mode can be used for enjoyment while waiting for the server

to fill or as training. See the details in the features section of the wiki.

The A&S ProMode (2013-09-08) pack is available in the filebase.

Find more about A&S ProMode, its features and countless configuration options in the wiki.

Good to see Kju. I thought you might have been upset with my post but seems it just encouraged you :)

;2494088']Thanks to you three guys for testing! And belated happy bday Law-Giver. :yay:

Thx .kju [PvPscene], and thanks for fixing this buddy. Uploaded to my server, appreciated! ;)