Sign in to follow this  
mcarma

What voice recognition software are you folks using?

I´m wondering the same thing actually. Those youtube vids in a diffrent post got me fired up for giving VAC a try.

Personally I use VAC and can recommend it! That said, why not start with the free option and see if it works for you, AFAIK they are based on the same underlying speech recognition engine from Microsoft.

/KC

Most use VAC for windows 7/Vista support, in XP32 (I use) I use "Pilflus", advance search "voice recognition" in this forum section only and there is a big thread with profile links etc, someone also added VAC profile to it, plus it has my Pilflus profile, but again all depends on your platform, Pilflus is free.

I tried Say2Play and it is really confusing to use it. The demo is only for one game which I don't have. lol I uninstalled it in about ten minutes. I used to use GameCommander waaayy back but they are looonng gone.

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

There is also Shoot, but it will not work on my computer. It needs .Net 1.1 and .Net 1.1 will not install on my computer. I have .Net 2 through 3.5 installed. Supposedly after installing .Net 1.1 and Shoot there is a little patch Shoot executable to make is work with .Net 2.

I use VAC.

See my sig for more info or watch a few videos on my Youtube channel about the program.

I have made a huge A2/OA profile that is freely available on their main site. VAC costs about 20 US$..., but it has a 30 day full feature free try.

Edited by JojoTheSlayer

I installed VAC yesterday and also found your profile. However I haven't done anything with VAC until just now.

What did you do go get this VAC to work JojoTheSlayer?? Works on when test in builder. I know how to set the system selections in the try program.

Should I default all controls to use your profile?

I use VAC.

See my sig for more info or watch a few videos on my Youtube channel about the program.

I have made a huge A2/OA profile that is freely available on their main site. VAC costs about 20 US$..., but it has a 30 day full feature free try.

Edited by McArma

Ok, so I take it the VAC gray mic desktop icon already has a blue P and a green O when you try the orders and that you are using v304 of the profile? If VAC test works, the program is working.

Maybe you should try a command that gives a voice response. While the desktop icon is similar to the picture try to say "Profile on?" while still at Dekstop, not in Arma 2. This should give a voice response "Profile is on." regardless of any keys etc if the profile is working as it should.

Default keyboard is not needed for most of the orders, but if you for example have set map to L and say "open map" the program will press default m... Most of the AI orders however are internationally default keys like spacebar, F1-F12, 0-9 etc. All those orders should work regardless and thats like 90% of the profile orders already. For the others read the readme about the INT profile. You can also alter any of the keys you want in VAC builder. Just remember that both slow and fast profile are two separate ones.

Edited by JojoTheSlayer

How is Pilfius compared to VAC? Im thinking of buying VAC but if theres a good free alternative I might save some bucks.

I can't tell anything about VAC, as I couldn't get it working(still no idea why...), but Pilfius is very nice. I've just started using it and it's working well for me. Usually recognizes everything with no problem. Just give it a try and see for yourself. It's easy to use.

I use VAC.

damm i am gonna try that out !

tnks for the tip , didn`t know about voice commands till now

tnks

How is Pilfius compared to VAC? Im thinking of buying VAC but if theres a good free alternative I might save some bucks.

Pilfius is what I would call a Windows XP only program.

If you run Vista or Win7 VAC would probably be the better choice and save you allot of hassle. If you are running XP you can just as well try Pilfius yourself since its free. VAC costs less than a DVD or most DLC content.

The big difference between the two programs is that VAC has way more features overall, but Pilfius has an ability VAC dosent and that is that Pilfius can understand constructed sentences out of single voice commands.

In VAC you would for example need both:

"One" to select F1, "do not move" to select 1-6 and "one do not move" to select F1-1-6 to use all of the three commands.

In Pilfius you would only need:

"One" to select F1.

"do not move" to select 1-6.

If you then said "One do not move" it would understand to press F1-1-6 without having the command or a pause between the words "one" and "do" to execute the contextual correct thing.

For advanced key pressings etc VAC is better though.

Still, it would be cool if it got that one Pilfius ability as well.

I havent tried Pilfius and I dont know if that feature produces more false responses or not, but on paper it sounds cool.