Sign in to follow this  
mondkalb

MBG_Buildings_3 - European Theatre

reminds me of the local Lidl lol

Well, it reminds me of local (Villach, Austria) Penny Markt ;)

3922339.JPG

LOL...good old Penny!Fantastic.

Each Penny looks same everywhere.

Great stuff buddy!

Mondkalb: I say again, you rock :)

Can't say it any better, your creativity amazes me. Thanks for sharing.

I took the advice of making everything a bit more... dirty. (Click on it to get the uncompressed, non-jpg version):rolleyes:

Grunger.jpg

Awesome! A good complement to the BIS corner pub! :D A balcony with Parasols would be awesome on that little ledge thing.

Luckily I still have much room on the island, looks great. Those are really good ideas.

Greez Hotze

always wanted make a mini ireland

but a euro map would just be as good :)

Really nice work! they fit the ArmA style really well.

Mondkalb very nice, can you make the interior walls a quite bit darker than the outside?

These look great. Can't wait to be holed up inside fighting off zombies! Keep it up dude.

:icon_dj:At last some contemporary architecture that'll go well with island depicting the western countries. What ArmA gave us is good for mid central/eastern europe in 1960's at best...

Mondkalb very nice, can you make the interior walls a quite bit darker than the outside?

There's a nice interior wall texture in A2, that'd suit an irish pub very well ( half wood/half vintage decorative wallpaper with stripes or floral ornaments, can't remember now). Plus, a lot of pictures or photos in frames on the walls would really fit into the irish pub theme. If the place is too clean and modest it looks more like an office canteen ;)

Keep this up please, perfect for modern islands or even 1980's european theatre.

There's a nice interior wall texture in A2, that'd suit an irish pub very well ( half wood/half vintage decorative wallpaper with stripes or floral ornaments, can't remember now).

Haven't stumbled across that one yet, but I'd love to try that texture. You don't happen to know the location of said texture?

:butbut:

i was going to say the houses looked a bit too clean - and then i saw the new pub with the aged look - perfect

You don't happen to know the location of said texture?

Gimme some time; will need to check and will come back to you

(cannot for another 2hrs as I'm @work)

Yet, as my memory serves me, I somehow associate it with the Hospoda buildings (signs for ladies/men restrooms' doors are in the same folder I believe)

This pack is progressing quite fast, and I'm positive I'll finish this soon. So, if you're an island maker and looking forward to using these new structures on your piece of terrain, just PM me and I'll provide you with some kind of a "beta" version. Just so you can get started with my buildings earlier - that is if you want.

But keep in mind that all content is not final.

Looking really nice, there's ever a lack of buildings in ArmA2 and an endless supply of US soldier textures, which leads me to believe that constructing buildings is the most difficult to get right. Therefore I tip my hat to you sah!

If I may throw some suggestions and feedback.

Some out-buildings and assets in a similar colour/design scheme to those you've created would be great, It would allow creation of suburban housing estates and bring a level of cohesion to the pack... (that's assuming you intend it as a 'pack') eg; Attached/Semi detached garages/sheds with forward and rear access doors, greenhouses, letterboxes, playparks.

Maybe break up those repeating textures somehow. with over-layered electrical boxes, broken bricks lichen growth etc.

May I also suggest promotion-wise a very small 'showcase island' with only your assets, much like Mikebart did with his Mana Island foliage showcase.

E

If you can produce multiple buildings with variant textures that would be great.

So that say when building a suburb housing estate the houses do not all look identical. Say different coloured doors and paint work.

Just a thought

Very nice work by the way

As I wrote in my first post, all the houses come in at least 4 different paint-schemes. :rolleyes:

As to the suburb-assets:

So far I have a working singe-car garage (4 paint-schemes), a beach-chair (3 schemes) and an outdoor-table-thingy. Carports are to follow. Then Hedges.

But currently I'm spicing up my existing objects. I'm making everything a little bit more dirty, tweaking the ambient shadow, adding destruction ruins, that sort of stuff.

So there is no rush and your suggestions are being realized already. :)

A showcase Island is not on my agenda. The buildings are already being used on three different islands, of which one island is definitely going to cross the finish line.

Helo, nice to see someone who is working on enviroment structures. :)

I suppose you are using seemless CO/NOHQ textures (to obtain high textel and save textures count and size) and MC/DT textures for dirt/micro detail to break seemless texture.

I venture to advise. Houses looks too boxy for me, try to chamfer sharp corners of buildings, so that will have worn look and no so ordinary.

Get inspirations from real life..

Im looking forward to any progress

Get inspirations from real life..

Ah, the most useful site, really to be recommended, indeed.

The use of photorealistic textures instead of drawn/painted seamless ones reminds me of a superb pack released few years ago by Simba for Armed Assault.

I wish Simba was available these days and would put his unfinished pack to the orphaned projects section for someone to polish it up an bring to A2 standards. Especially the bridges!

Sorry Mondklab,in advance for sullying your theread with the OT. Luv all your work (esp creationism) and am very glad there are folks out there contributing worthy building addons

I wish Simba was available these days and would put his unfinished pack to the orphaned projects section for someone to polish it up an bring to A2 standards. Especially the bridges!

Um..ouch! I already have the pack and permission to, quote simba, 'Do as you wish for the pack,' (not sure that qualifies me to put it up as an orphan)but I stopped working on it after the Australia Island project went into coma. I will try to PM him and put your idea forward. Otherwise it may be a case of waiting till I have time to release what I have.

It was a bit difficult as of the 60 plus models simba created many were quite literaly built as if for a movie set, ie just great textures on a single visual LOD. But a few were closer to being fininshed, so add my own work and there may be a few releasable objects in there.

Edited by Pathetic_Berserker