Sign in to follow this  
JDog

USS Nimitz

How should aircraft maintenance be arranged?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How should aircraft maintenance be arranged?

• Refuel/Rearm/Repair all in one spot on flight deck
    • Refuel/Rearm between elevators 1&2, Repair in hangar bay
    • Rearm between elevators 1&2, Refuel towards rear of deck, Repair in Hangar bay

It is, unfortunately, much more complicated than that.

The GEO LOD limits are still there and the necessity of using attachto are still there.

I have already tried some experiments and haven't got it working

Is single-model maximum size (i.e. the old 60 meter limit from A2) involved in the complication?

It is great that maybe there is room for improvement. Who knows maybe Jdog will change his mind. ;) i wish i could help :(

Hello, I'm fairly new to Arma2 mods:

I have downloaded the @JDG_Nimitz_v093 file and set up the mod into SIX Launcher options (with all other mods, all of them fine), and obviously copied the @JDG_Nimitz_v093 folder into Steam's Arma2OA folder

I am playing Wiki's NAM Memories campaign, for which the Nimitz is required, but I'm stuck at the "Depot" mission, where the carrier seems to be mandatory: "missing file that has been deleted_jdg.carrier", and I'm not able to progress further from there ....

please, any suggestion about what I'm missing?

thanks

Hello, i have been having a problem when i go to land on the nimitz. I have not been getting the Lower Tailhook option although i am on the correct flight path and everything. please help

Hello, i have been having a problem when i go to land on the nimitz. I have not been getting the Lower Tailhook option although i am on the correct flight path and everything. please help

Is this happening with all fixed-wing aircraft (even vanilla BIS ones), or specific to a mod/mods? On any case, remove all mods but the carrier (and CBA obviously) and try landing as you would with a vanilla BIS airplane and see what happens. Then, start testing with mods until you find which is breaking it. Also, what mods are you running simultaneously with JDG's carrier?

Edited by Evil_Brownie
forgot an important detail

Hi,

i've tested the nimitz in arma 3 with AllInArma and CBA. I've loaded the utes mission in editor and preview it. The cariier is looking really nice. I walk to the landing boats and hang a boat onto the hook, get in and want to get the boat into the water. But it doesn't work. I saw on a video that i have to get into the boat and use the middle mouse wheel to select the option to get the boat to the water, but the option is missing.

Do i something wrong?

Hello , JDog hope you can read this post , just want to keep alive a dream the Nimitz in Arma 3 . I 'm not a great scripting. But i can refix some script , work again the zodiac , put some light again on the deck . Try to re-texturing nimitz crew . Try to have a tractor towing . With a little time , i could arrive to this . I'm chek try . Just want your agreement ? Hope i could decide you to change your mind. And become again the captain of the Nimitz ..

Not likely from me, unless the game gets changed to have actual gravity where an object moves along with whatever object it's on top of. I haven't touched it in years and not really worth my effort to re-figure out what I made to port it if I can't also improve on it the way I want.
Gnat;2524560']It will come to ArmA3 I am sure' date=' after the ArmA3 tools become available.[/quote']This makes an unfortunate bunch of sense -- JDog seemed to consider "driveable yet walkable/landable/movable" mandatory to be worth his time to do anything else with the Nimitz (considering that he'd already set down and not publicly updated the Nimitz for two years), but without BI Tools 3 that's probably not happening... unless Jdog were to confer with mukcep and hcpookie on how this was done with CVN Ulyanovsk in the Legacy of Cold War pack?

Hi guys, I just made a post regarding updates of the Nimitz in this thread, if you care to see. And so there's no doubt, I'm not currently working on the Nimitz or any other addon for arma myself. I still have interest, just not enough at the moment. I'll try and stalk around these threads at least again.

Download available on

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23741

This is a first backport release of the Nimitz. While development on the Nimitz for ArmA3 continues, some of the improvements will be made available in ArmA2 as well. This release goes for the low hanging fruits first and brings the new textures to the Nimitz in ArmA2. Thanks go to JDog for giving permission to this backport.

CREDITS

JDog - Nimitz for Arma2

piedebeouf - new lights and starting the initiative for conversion

Sealife - pointing to the missing crew

John_Spartan - consulting and arrest script

Phantom - upgraded elevator script

rundll - permission to use his towing script in Arma3

Sierra - new deck textures

armyinf - testing and documentation

BloodOfTheScribe - new interior textures

asbojay - new hull and deck textures

soldier2390 - new hull textures, including secondary textures

rory_pamphilon - top gun mission

TeTeT - some scripts

Enjoy,

TeTeT

Thank you TeTeT for your great contribution to an already existing addon. As I understood from JDog's post in the other thread he would support the idea to actually provide this as a new version to the already existing addon. Also, I am missing the updated version in the Six-Network. Any plans to merge these versions and provide yours as a real update to the old v0.93 beta from JDog?

@okurz, quite sure there will be no more updates to the Arma2 Nimitz soonish. There are to many other interesting Arma3 projects going on to lose time in... Though I'm tempted to fix some of the script errors.

On the Six-Network, I have no idea how to swap versions there and it may well be that the maintainer wants to keep JDog's version in their repo.

There is a big problem with the Nimitz.

If I host a game, players don't see the full carrier, some parts are missing, completly invisible, like, all the time, no matter where you look (itsa fine for me when I'm host)

On a dedicated server, I have the same problem like everyone else.

Is there a workaround or an upcoming patch for it?

Cuz it makes the mod useless for MP.

How do I recover the Zodiac? There is no instruction in the PDF or any obvious control on the Zodiac bay. Also, How do I allow helos to drop objects on the deck? When I tow in a vehicle and drop it on the deck, it falls right through to the sea. Also, I must be missing something because I can not rearm the towing truck in the weapons room.

Edited by LinuxMaster9

How do I recover the Zodiac? There is no instruction in the PDF or any obvious control on the Zodiac bay. Also, How do I allow helos to drop objects on the deck? When I tow in a vehicle and drop it on the deck, it falls right through to the sea. Also, I must be missing something because I can not rearm the towing truck in the weapons room.

- When you're in driver seat of the zodiac and in the right place, a recover option (from within the boat) should appear. I say should.

- Helo drop... I have no idea... You may have to script it to set the pos to the right height or s.th.

- Yeah... Weapons room seems bugged out lately, if you have showScriptErrors enabled you'll see some errors thrown for the weapons elevator aswell. (See below for fix, if you feel competent enough to change the addon's PBO... May break the addon's license, haven't checked. Easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission, eh?)

I'd love to see an update on the Nimitz from the original creator on these errors :)

Edited by janus0104

JDog, if you feel like pushing an update, scr/init.sqf line 68 add nimHang4 to the public Vars to fix the weaponElevator and, alongside, the ordnance resupply for towing trucks when playing on dedicated server.

//Make animated models accessible to clients

publicVariable "nimspots";

publicVariable "nimCar2";

publicVariable "nimCar3";

publicVariable "nimCar4";

publicVariable "nimHang1";

publicVariable "nimHang4";

For anyone who uses the Nimitz in a mission and wants to have a fix for the arresting cables incase someone crashlands a jet and the cables get stuck on it, place an object (ideally on the bridge, setPosASL [...,...,30]; seems to work there, at least for the Objects(furniture) folding table) and use addAction to link it to a script containing:

// Requires CBA

nimCableReady = 1;

[-2,{

_Objectsw = position carrierFixes nearObjects 250;

{ _hook = _x getVariable ["jdgHOOK",0];

if (_hook == 1) then {

_x removeEventHandler ["LandedTouchDown", 0];

_x setVariable ["jdgHOOK", 0];

_x animate ["tailhook",0];

}; } forEach _Objectsw;

nimCar4 animate["ani_cable1_wide", 0];

nimCar4 animate["ani_cable1_long", 0];

nimCar4 animate["ani_cable1_high", 0];

nimCar4 animate["ani_cable2_wide", 0];

nimCar4 animate["ani_cable2_long", 0];

nimCar4 animate["ani_cable2_high", 0];

nimCar4 animate["ani_cable3_wide", 0];

nimCar4 animate["ani_cable3_long", 0];

nimCar4 animate["ani_cable3_high", 0];

nimCar4 animate["ani_cable4_wide", 0];

nimCar4 animate["ani_cable4_long", 0];

nimCar4 animate["ani_cable4_high", 0];}, ""] call CBA_fnc_globalExecute;

publicVariable "nimCableReady";

To get rid of wrecks on the Nimitz, add another action to said table, linked to a script with

_locator = _this select 0;

_caller = _this select 1;

if (!isNull _locator) then {

_Objectsw = position _locator nearObjects 250;

_number = 0;

{ if ((_x isKindOf "HelicopterWreck") || (_x isKindOf "PlaneWreck") || ((damage _x) > 0.99)) then {

sleep 1;

_number = _number + 1;

deletevehicle _x;//as an alternative, you can send it to the garbage collector

};

} forEach _Objectsw;

hint format["%1 wrecks removed", _number];

};

Edited by janus0104