Sign in to follow this  
JDog

USS Nimitz

How should aircraft maintenance be arranged?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How should aircraft maintenance be arranged?

• Refuel/Rearm/Repair all in one spot on flight deck
    • Refuel/Rearm between elevators 1&2, Repair in hangar bay
    • Rearm between elevators 1&2, Refuel towards rear of deck, Repair in Hangar bay

So as of a few months ago i've been getting a script error when catapult launching any kind of aircraft, it's as follows:

Error in expression <hot.sqf"

_jet = _this select 0;

if(_jet == 0)exitWith{};

_position = getPosASL >

Error position: <== 0)exitWith{};

_position = getPosASL >

Error Generic error in expression

File JDG_carrier\scr\fx_steamShot.sqf, line 2

Anyone else getting this?

I love this mod, too bad its a mod and not actually in the game though, otherwise i could use it for a public server

I'm working on a mission with the 15th MEU (SOC) that uses your USS Nimitz at present. Unfortunately, not all of our players when we run the mission unofficially are star pilots and they have a tendency to crash with their tailhooks down, grabbing the arrestor cables and disabling the Nimitz for everyone else. I was wondering if anyone could help me identify a few things in the mod:

A mass tailhook raise:

An Action, accessible from some static object (presumably in the ATC) that will raise the tailhooks on all named instances (hopefully exploded named instances as well).

A Nimitz reset script:

An Action similar to the mass raise that will drop the associations between the Nimitz and the Jet that grabbed it and revert it to a default state where the cables are reset and not tied to any jet (namely crashed ones).

If you can help me identify any scripts or animation names, anything to point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful.

Thank you for any assistance,

PFC. Zohar

15th MEU (SOC)

Hi everyone,

Just logged in today for the first time in many months and have finished responding to a bunch of PMs from people, all about the Nimitz. Though some of them were from months ago, some forum members have offered to "fix up" or "upgrade" the Nimitz and get it working right again, and possibly add to it. So, assuming people still actively use this old ship and do have an interest/ability to help with it, I'd like to open up a brief discussion about that. Who knows, might not get any replies to this from someone who can and wants to.

If anyone DOES actually want to try and work on improving this addon, and you think you have both the time and knowledge to do so, please post here. Obviously I don't want to just hand it out to anyone so please mention what you'd plan on doing with it and if you do actually have any experience with modding ARMA. If we do find someone, I'll give them the source model files and permission to update it for the community. Here's hoping someone out there is up to it!

@GNAT: Hey buddy, if you're still there... your inbox is full! Clear some out and send me a PM when you get the chance please :)

You know me JDog, im always up for it ;)

Could be nice in ArmA3 too :D

Well I sure hope someone ports it to A3 Jdog we really need it. I don't make a mission without it!

I can't help you much, 'cause i don't know how to do it :D. But i have a few suggestions)

Maybe make 1 more hangar below. Make lift move like top/middle/lower deck. And make more usable rooms(?).

Make carrier static object? Cause it ain't moving anyway, but because of minor dislocation of the carrier, some objects inside dislocate too (out of the carrier for example, if they're on the edge of the deck.

Edited by ScorpioN8RUS

Well I sure hope someone ports it to A3 Jdog we really need it. I don't make a mission without it!
I'm pretty sure that someone has "been there and done that" thanks to AiA...

Hey there, I'm aware that the script that spawns the ship automatically puts at sea level.

Is there any way to override this?

I'd like to put it in the sky.

If I recall correctly, the way it spawns is that when you place it in the editor, all that does is place a marker. When the level initializes, it sets that marker to sea level then assembles all the parts of the carrier off of it. So no I don't think there's any way to get it to be in the air, sorry. It isn't modeled below sea level anyway so would look weird up there.

Ahh, thanks anyway JDog, she's a beauty.

I'll just have to settle for a flying LHD.

Someone not that versed in naval aviation might not notice the difference (as far as roles) so tally ho, what a beaut! :D

Hey all,

First off, excellent mod. It's my first time editing a mission with one in, and I'm trying to use the launch/line-up scripts included with the download.

I have an AV-8B with the name 'H1' and am trying to execute this script when the mission starts:

null= [H1]execVM "\JDG_carrier\src\nim_catlaunch.sqf";

I'm just returning the generic scripting error, "Script <script> not found>". This is my first time using scripts within the editor and also my first time I've made a post on these forums, so I'm not too sure of where I should post this. If I'm in the wrong place then I do apologise. Thanks in advance!

Edited by proffrink

Gnat;2403029']SCR not SRC

I was using 'scr', that was a typo; but I've now found where I was going wrong.

Thanks for the help!

Not likely from me, unless the game gets changed to have actual gravity where an object moves along with whatever object it's on top of. I haven't touched it in years and not really worth my effort to re-figure out what I made to port it if I can't also improve on it the way I want.

I understand. That is too bad though, this is for sure one of the top 3 best addon on the community. Hope you change your mind. ;)

JDog have you taken a look at

? Looks like it's been achieved in Arma 3, and mankyle posted some stuff about how to achieve that (using the shipx simulation class).