Sign in to follow this  
JDog

USS Nimitz

How should aircraft maintenance be arranged?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How should aircraft maintenance be arranged?

• Refuel/Rearm/Repair all in one spot on flight deck
    • Refuel/Rearm between elevators 1&2, Repair in hangar bay
    • Rearm between elevators 1&2, Refuel towards rear of deck, Repair in Hangar bay

JDog you mentioned that there is a distance showed on the screen and I've seen it in videos but I don't have this issue. I'm running CO btw. Maybe that's the reason. I just wanted to let you know. I hope you figure a way out to solve this for arma 2 as well.

Finally had a chance to play with this puppy and I have to say this is a huge endeavour for a second project.. And it is truly impressive. I havent fallen through the deck anywhere... The launches are really good and easy to do....and the detail is great for such a huge model. I look forward to seing how this progresses. Unfortunately so Far I've mostly been crashing harriers into the deck (Only harriers I'm good with the other jets.)

Anyway great job dude... I think this is going to be one of those must have addons for this game.

JDog, i solved this problem with you tip.

Thanks you for good addon.

hmm,

anyone make a domination with a F18 Superhornet ??? :yay:

i mean the teams from

PRACS,

NZAA,

ANZAC working on a F18 for arma2, but its only WIP´s,

anyone have a information for a release date ? :j:

hmm,

anyone make a domination with a F18 Superhornet ??? :yay:

i mean the teams from

PRACS,

NZAA,

ANZAC working on a F18 for arma2, but its only WIP´s,

anyone have a information for a release date ? :j:

Take the question to the respective mod threads. I'm sure no one wants to hear more F/A-18 arguments.

@JDog, still haven't gotten to testing it but damn ^^ Hope I can sometime soon. All these reviews are making me jealous

hello Jdog, if i place a towing truck it doesnt do anything regarding pulling of any plane. i tried the harrier the f-14 and the f-35, but no plane is beng towed, please tell me how to make it work^^. When will there be a new update? ;-) thx in advance

It only works with vehicles placed on the carrier. Did you by any chance start from an airstrip on the map or spawned in a flying aircraft?

It works perfect for me.

Edited by Derbysieger

I know its under construction.. but looking out of the bridge windows makes the sea dissapear lol.....

I was just thinking a nice effect would be to make steam appear along the cat after launch....

Also the lifts are too small to put the B-52 on :P

Hi JDog,

I've a problem with the scripted catapult launch. Every time I run the script the airplane slide to the left or right side and crashes. It seems to be that something block the way of the airplane straight ahead.

Only the Nimitz, a F14 and a gunner(player) are placed at the map.

This is written in the init-line of the airplane "F1":

_xtype = [F1, 1]execVM "\JDG_carrier\scr\nim_cat.sqf"; F1 setSpeedMode "full";_xtype = [1,1]execVM "\JDG_carrier\scr\sys_catapult_jbd.sqf"

Another problem is, that the plane start to move a bit with this script. I tried "dostop F1" but it doesn't solved this problem.

At the moment I run the script for catapult launch via a trigger "radio alpha" with the init-line:

_xtype = [F1]execVM "\JDG_carrier\scr\nim_catlaunch.sqf";

I think you can help me. ;)

Tino

Edited by TBuck

Myke;1862929']No' date=' nothing you could do...unless your the creator of this particular addonplane. :p

Out of curiosity, about which plane/addon do we talk about?[/quote']

Myke unfortunately this applies to all aircraft that get placed on the Nimitz, I'm no scripter or modder, just a basic mission maker at this stage, but I am really holding out for this fix in the next patch (fingers crossed) :bounce3:

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Um yeah B-52s are long range heavy strike bombers, and are most definitely not designed to be used on a carrier. I'm sorry but come on really?:confused:

@SGT M

It seems that when on the Nimitz, the LOD's switch drastically earlier than normal so you see pretty early the lowest LOD. These LOD's were designed to be seen from far larger distance where one couldn't notice if the wheels are visible or not.

And about the B-52 quote......you might know this, it is called "a joke". No one was really expecting to have the B-52 fit on the elevators. Just laugh about and move on ;)

very nice! This is an absolutely fantastic addition to my missions.

Love the easter-egg in the breifing room! TF2 FTW :)

And re F/A18 would be a great addition for this

What you mean? :p

B-52%20on%20Nimitz.PNG

Lol exactly Konyo.. I'll Upload my pics when I get back from work.... The landing had my front right wheel dangling dangerously off the deck at the end of the landing strip....

J-Dog do you plan to make the ladders climbable?

The X-o2 wyvern that was released works great on here... once again though no way to fold the wings up like the tomcat...

And I was thinking if only Bis made an A.I waypoint system for A.I in buildings/vehicles.

How you you make the Huey/Osprey/Viper fold up on the deck?

Lol exactly Konyo.. I'll Upload my pics when I get back from work.... The landing had my front right wheel dangling dangerously off the deck at the end of the landing strip....

J-Dog do you plan to make the ladders climbable?

The X-o2 wyvern that was released works great on here... once again though no way to fold the wings up like the tomcat...

And I was thinking if only Bis made an A.I waypoint system for A.I in buildings/vehicles.

How you you make the Huey/Osprey/Viper fold up on the deck?

FPDR @Wolfbite

I thought you're long enough around to know this site.

Try "fold Osprey"

And no offence intended mate. ;)

@allItMayConcern, about the LOD issue, I really don't know why it does that. I doubt the carrier is too many polys for the LODs to be switching so early, its probably only 2-3 tanks worth of polys I'd imagine, if that. Perhaps the size?

@Wolfbite, there are only two ladders and one is climbable, only the action is a little off-set and you gotta look slightly to the right of the one in the stern to get on it. The one on the island is just decoration. Also, there is an "AI waypoint system"... I just haven't built any "waypoints" into the carrier yet. Its called a "Paths" LOD and I have yet to even try experimenting with it.

@Derbysieger, hmmm I tried in CO and it still happens. Maybe its another addon I'm running that's causing it. Does anyone else have some distance display in the middle of their screen when on the carrier?

hmm strange. I never had that. Not in your sample mission and not in any other scenario I created in the editor. Mostly on FDF_Podagorsk.

Usually when playing around with aircrafts in the editor I'm using the latest Beta-Patch with these Mods/Addons:

@CBA

@GL4

@Sound (mix of JSRS + Hifi)

@WarFX-Blastcore

@JTD

@RKSL

@rTyphoon

@Gau-8

@GLT_Missilebox

@GLT_F16

@F22_Raptor

@F14_Tomcat

@FDF_Podagorsk

@USS_Nimitz

And sometimes also ACE

Yeah lol that's pretty much the same here, although it did go overboard when I lowered the ramp :P

Is it possible to put units on the aircraft carrier in the editor without having them spawn underneath the carrier in the water? I know i can use the set height script and I do, but is there a way to not have to use it?

Apparently entering "No" is too short of a message so... No

Been away 3 weeks and come back to discover the "greatest addon ever" had been released ;)

@JDog

Awesome work !

Glad to see it in the public spotlight where it belongs.

Seriously this addon.. is awesome... now all I do i practice landings..

Seriously this addon.. is awesome... now all I do i practice landings..

Landing..? Meh get in harrier wack on auto hover and come in from the side and land ;)