Sign in to follow this  
KillSh0t

CIVI's/Hostiles

IS there a way to make the civillians spawn as enemy to opfor units?

Like, if I set an Ambient civi mod and eachtime they spawn near an opfor unit the opfor unit attacks the civi?

Kinda wanna make a libya scenario, big guy held up in his mansion, protestors outside and in town, big guys has enough, sends troops to do some clean up, starts killing any and all civis they see, good guys come in, kill big guy and his minions, wear burkas and party like its 1999....

Just dont know how to get the module working the way I want.

I know if I place a group of civi's and group them to a bluefor they are automaticaly opfor enemy but not really how I wanna do it....any ideas?

It would be easier if you placed the civs yourself. Then you can use creategroup and joinsilent to put the civs in the desired group.

As far as ambient spawned civs, the only way I can think of would be to use setfriendly 0. Not sure if that would give you the desired effect or not.

I think it would be : east setfriend civilian 0

But you would have to double check the syntax. I have never used it myself, although, I read up on it at one point because I thought it might be useful for me in a mission, ended up using a different method, but from what I understand, it should make OPFOR fire on all civilians on sight.

Edited by Rail82

Right on rail, thanks for the response....

Im at the point of just placing the civi's with an arty set to attack if civi's detected by opfor, grouped some civi's with some independents mostly for added visual affect...

I'll give your Idea a try but one silly question?

Where do I put that code you are explaining?

The code is actually:

EAST setFriend [CIVILIAN, 0];

And you can add it everywhere you want: init.sqf, trigger, or init line of a unit.

Above however makes only East hostile to civilian, not civilian hostile to East.

For that you need to add also:

CIVILIAN setFriend [EAST, 0];

Please also see the Wiki Article for that command, especially if you use the civilian side.

Ahh...

Pretty much exactly what I needed!

Thank you and you help is greatly appreciated!