Sign in to follow this  
seamus

Textures look terrible?

Not exactly lines...

I was referring to the telegraph lines pic.

I have made some more findings today. First of all, settings I have switched to:

gamesettings.th.jpg

along with AToC set to 6 in my config file. Then the nvidia CP:

cpsettings1.th.jpg

cpsettings2.th.jpg

Actually the only setting I have recently changed in the CP is pre-rendered frames, but I figured I would share my settings anyway. Now, the pics:

*EDIT

I originally posted too many thumbnails, so here is my imageshack profile

So, my "magic numbers" are 6 and 6, for AA and AToC, respectively. If anyone is having the speckles and frost issue, and just hasn't spoken up yet, experiment with different values of those two settings. Worked for me. Just to note once again though, in 76815, there was no AA limit. I did a ridiculous, but conclusive test in which I set AA to 8x in the game, and used "enhance the application setting" with 32x, and still no frosting.

VIPER, regarding the oddtextures3.jpg and 4 file, AToC may be responsible for that, but you can turn that down or completely off to get rid of the splotchy effect.

Set: AToC=0;

You posted as I was finishing up typing this, but as you can see I figured it out. Thanks though.

@Viper ,I know exactly what you are talking about,because I used to have the same problem before.I tried many things,like updating vga drivers and doing defrags (which do help,but only with performance) though none of them fixed those texture problems.The thing that worked for me was a beta patch!But,not all of them did it.I remember when I installed one beta patch (real sorry I can't remember the number :icon_mad: ) and when I started up the game everything was running great!Textures were loaded 100% all of the time even in the most intense multiplayer matches with lots of shooting,explosions etc. in towns.I really couldn't believe my eyes and was truly happy :) After that I installed another beta,but the problem came back again and everything was like before :( For my pleasure (and I hope not only),the next beta I tried (which is the latest one) also fixed the texture lod's and I'm happy again :) Only thing that's not perfect is that the performance is a little bit lowered,but I can deal with it ;) So I strongly suggest you try the latest beta patch (and also,after you install the beta patch,go to My Documents > ArmA 2 and delete ArmA2OA.cfg (don't worry it will recreate itself)and after that start the game).Well that's it and good luck!I hope it gets fixed for you too.

DEVS, PLEASE TAKE NOTE:

The vram issue, the latest stable patch (non-beta) detects VRAM wrong for me, on my 5870, as it does with many other ATI users. It detects lower than it should and it screws up LOD of textures, and messes with performance.

NOTE that going into my ArmA2OA.cfg and setting LocalVram to 0 and starting the beta detects the correct amount of LocalVram and LOD texture issue is gone.

If I fire up non-beta again it will detect LocalVram wrong again, and the issue is back. Everything is fine as long as I keep playing the beta.

So please note this beta corrects this and detects LocalVram properly for ATI users, and include this fix in your official, regular, non-beta patch.

The beta patch I'm talking about is 78927, so make sure whatever fix included there is included in upcoming patches as well.

I guess it might have been fixed since this beta: [76930] Fixed: More reliable VRAM detection on Vista/Win7 (using DXGI). (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16163)

But just make sure to include this in regular patch, really important fix for ATI users.

Edited by eosteric

Hi guys i just wondering when the new patch is out? i am have texture problems with my ati hd 6950,i had a gtx 280 before i bought my hd 6950 and my testures were fine but when using the ati card all my textures look terrible,my brother also had a gtx 280 and everything was ok and he also bought a ati hd 6950 and is have the exact same problem as me,i am just wondering with the new patch will it help my textures look like they did with my gtx 280 or is it the drivers of the grapics card at fault(i am using the latest drivers).:confused::confused:

Hey, Seamus, for now, until the new official patch is out, use Catalyst drivers 10.4.

Make sure you set your vram to 0 in the config file before you run the game.

Try using the default settings and not play with the advanced ones too much. It did the trick for me. just choose high or very high and see what fits best!

-Goodluck!

I tried all of it in vein.... nothing helped the blur and the FLIR/HDR issue until today I installed the latest beta drivers and boom my issue was fixed, I'm so happy :yay:

From nowhere i got the same frekken problem!

Driving me nuts, i sleep bad when arma is messing with me!!!

*edit*

----------------------------------------------------------------

Ok got mine sorted out!

*Doubled vram, nonlocalvram set 3D_Performance=9999999; in Arma2OA.cfg file

*Disabled ATOC

*Set vid memory to default

*Downloaded 263.09 drivers

Dont know wich of the listed made the trick, but i think it was doubled vram yadda yadda...

*edit2*

------------------------------------------------------------------

By doing this i got the best performance i ever had!

Edited by johanna

Hello!

I have texture LOD issue as well...

HD 5870, patch 1.9, Catalyst 11.6

It's all fine at the start of the game, textures are crisp! But as I move (as I fill up VRAM I guess) the LODs are getting worse and worse... It affects all the textures but it is most noticeable on the grass. What was crisp clear grass at the beginning, it becomes salad looking stuff after few seconds of moving around...

It is really anoying and I would be grateful for a fix.

I tried .cfg changes -> didn't help

Tried disabling Catalyst AI -> didn't help

Tried setting in-game memory settings to default -> didn't help

Win 7, x64, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Phenom II 955 @3.6GHz, HD 5870

Same applies to OA unfortunately...

Have you tried changing your texture resolutions in the video options menu? You want it to be at 100%, but for some reason the game likes to default it to 80% which makes everything look horrible.

Hello!

I have texture LOD issue as well...

HD 5870, patch 1.9, Catalyst 11.6

It's all fine at the start of the game, textures are crisp! But as I move (as I fill up VRAM I guess) the LODs are getting worse and worse... It affects all the textures but it is most noticeable on the grass. What was crisp clear grass at the beginning, it becomes salad looking stuff after few seconds of moving around...

It is really anoying and I would be grateful for a fix.

I tried .cfg changes -> didn't help

Tried disabling Catalyst AI -> didn't help

Tried setting in-game memory settings to default -> didn't help

Win 7, x64, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Phenom II 955 @3.6GHz, HD 5870

Same applies to OA unfortunately...

I know that feel bro!

Just got myself an SSD disk and noticed that the '3D_Performance' changed to alot higher than i had before (can check the exact numbers later)

My tip is to play around with it, set it to ridicules high numbers.

Oh, and after my clean install with the SSD disk my texture problem was gone without changing in the CFG file...