Sign in to follow this  
genesis92x

Degeneration V2.10 -Zombie Reign-

Hi all.

May have to give this one a go.

I hope zombies still chase after you even after the bomb has gone off cus thats when they seemed to stop doing so.

Any ways when I get a chance I will install on me dedi server and get GRUNT and a few others to test it with me :).

Thanks

Ha they should still spawn after the nuke yes. The "quickness" of the zombies ability to react to players usually relies on the strength of the server and etc. The Undead Mod seems to have a limit on how many zombies it can control at once...So sometimes you may pass a group of 20 or so zombies and not see them move an inch twords you. If you wait awhile they will start to hunt you down, the zombies register you there but the mod fails to give them the move order.

Where we can found 0.90 version?

I removed that V.90 link from my post. If you find Charon's post for the mod and head to the last couple pages, you should find it there somewhere.

Hello ..

I played this from my pc as a dedicated it ran ok ish for about 2hrs then started to get very unpredictable and I had to stop.

Looking forward to a light SP and or Coop which I can play for hours and hours.

I loved the ambiance .. scavenger tactics , gaining allies and random stuff

the nuke was awesome even when it landed on my head the first time :)

shame you cant make the zombies not run like idiots and do more of a shuffle walk than a normal run.

Dont know how to use jerry cans yet so didnt use them at all :)

same goes for alot of the ACE stuff Im newish to arma2 so dont really know what ace is doing or why it stole my cross-hair . the online help ive found hasnt really helped much with ace but thats another story :)

anyway Great idea and brilliant mission

Shame about the performance issues.

PS.

Yes if you think you know me from OFP as the guy who made the @res-cti missions ... your right its me and Hi :)

Hi guys,

ARMA newbie here. I just got the complete package on Steam. I've installed pretty much everything and I was completely frustrated on how ARMA and OA modding was, it was such a pain. Anyway, I finally got Degeneration running and so far, no zombies are spawning. I don't know if it takes a while, I can't even find weapons in the houses. Any ideas?:confused: Also, there are no civilians anywhere.

I get the error "cannot load texture ca\misc3\wf\data\black.pac." as well

Edited by NOYCEDUDE
Error info

Hi guys,

ARMA newbie here. I just got the complete package on Steam. I've installed pretty much everything and I was completely frustrated on how ARMA and OA modding was, it was such a pain. Anyway, I finally got Degeneration running and so far, no zombies are spawning. I don't know if it takes a while, I can't even find weapons in the houses. Any ideas?:confused: Also, there are no civilians anywhere.

I get the error "cannot load texture ca\misc3\wf\data\black.pac." as well

I also get the "cannot load texture" -error, but it doesn't seem to affect the gameplay itself. Zombies will take a while to spawn and even a longer while to reach your location. You can't find weapons from houses. You find them from abandoned vehicles or from corpses. Is there anyone hosting this mission by the way? I'd love to play this, but unfortunately my computer is so weak that the mission looks more like a slideshow than a game when I host myself 8D

I also get the "cannot load texture" -error, but it doesn't seem to affect the gameplay itself. Zombies will take a while to spawn and even a longer while to reach your location. You can't find weapons from houses. You find them from abandoned vehicles or from corpses. Is there anyone hosting this mission by the way? I'd love to play this, but unfortunately my computer is so weak that the mission looks more like a slideshow than a game when I host myself 8D

I think I can host it, I run it pretty high and get like 20-30 fps. If not just add me because I can't find anyone running it online. Steam ID: MasterSteve

Also:

Can anyone help me try to edit the map so I can add PMCs as playable? Do I open the PBO in some program and convert it to a wizard file or something?

I think I can host it, I run it pretty high and get like 20-30 fps. If not just add me because I can't find anyone running it online. Steam ID: MasterSteve

Also:

Can anyone help me try to edit the map so I can add PMCs as playable? Do I open the PBO in some program and convert it to a wizard file or something?

As a matter of fact I have already exported the pbo and viewed the mission in the editor. It shouldn't bee hard to add some playable PMCs or make the existing PMCs playable. Only problem is that we would need a permission from Genesis92x to do so. I was looking mostly for a public server. It seems like there aren't any. At least I couldn't find any...

ive hosted it for me and a m8 before now

after about 20-30 mins it becomes unplayable.

my system should be ok to run this as i have a quad core + 12gig ram and a 40mb down and 8mb up conection.

but alas it doesnt seem to want to run :(

Hey I have a problem, I keep getting this message when I try to join my friends game when playing this scenario this is what it says each time, "you cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.CAWheeled2_Kamaz, CAWheeled2_VWGolf". If anyone has any info on anything I can download or do anything at all to fix this, it would be much appreciated.

Hey I have a problem, I keep getting this message when I try to join my friends game when playing this scenario this is what it says each time, "you cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.CAWheeled2_Kamaz, CAWheeled2_VWGolf". If anyone has any info on anything I can download or do anything at all to fix this, it would be much appreciated.

My guess is you are using only A2OA and not Combined Operations

(Arrowhead+ArmA2 Vanilla).

Probably this mission is for C.O. ;)

(*correct me guyz if i m mistaken)

Meh I have given up with this just like the author by the looks of it :(

i actually figured out my problem :P i had to reinstall ArmA 2 and put the AddOns folder into OA. (add deth2012 on steam if you wanna play some degen sometime)

As a matter of fact I have already exported the pbo and viewed the mission in the editor. It shouldn't bee hard to add some playable PMCs or make the existing PMCs playable. Only problem is that we would need a permission from Genesis92x to do so. I was looking mostly for a public server. It seems like there aren't any. At least I couldn't find any...

First post in the thread, he allows you to mod it. Just be sure to give him credit.

You probably aren't going to like it as a PMC. The Undead mod assigns the zombies to Resistance. So, you are probably going to get a bunch of odd radio chatter from the zombies asking you not to shoot them.

Hiya, finally got this mod towork after downloading a few more addons for ace then is listed, and when i host a server i lag alot, my pc isn't very powerful and hosting a server, it just cant do, is there a way to play this in single player?

Also when i try to launch the game in single player it says "cant choose player" or something like that.

I thought as much that this requires more addons than there is listed.

I get an error about missing downloadable content ace_sys_cargo

I have addons: CBA;ACE;ACEX;ACEX_USNavy;ACEX_RU and the undead mod of course!

What else do I need and why does this error occur?

I read from somewhere that this is because I've got a wrong version of ACE?

Been spending hours with a buddy on this but it doesn't work at all. We have combined operations freshly installed, ACE 2 completely and correctly installed thoroughly, and the undead mod .84 and finally the degeneration mission and @Degen folder.

We have the launch in this order. Is this correct?

@84Zombie;@Degen;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_PLA;@CBA

The Problem:

Zombies, civilians, marines, etc do NOT move. I repeat, they stand there and idle. Debug commands in the radio do nothing. All the random loot, cars, boxes, bodies, and gear spawns perfectly. Everything seems to be running as intended but the zombies DO NOTHING. They stand around when they initially spawn and don't migrate, attack, kill, or fight.

What is the problem? How do we fix this? What are we doing wrong?

Edited by C-zom

not sure if this will help any, but theses are the mods i used, and my mod command, to get it too work

-mod=@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_USNavy;

@ACRE;@CBA;@JayArma2Lib;@Degen;@Undead

Edited by oneal42

It looks like it haves the gameplay I want. Thx, I will try it now!

EDIT: I found a box with antidote on it, then I found a car with a gun and a jerry can, then I found a truck so, I fill the gasoline with the jerry can and started to drive, looting everywhere, puting all the stuff inside the truck. 6 km latter, I saw a russian patrol 8-10 russian soldiers, the car stop right behind them because the fuel was empy. I was happy and feel better and secure with all those soldiers and weapons, so I thought it will be better if I follow them instead of walking alone because was darkening. I ran to greet them, but then they turn around and shoot me. I died.

FUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

Also: something weird happend from time to time, my character does a weird jump and freezes for a few seconds

Edited by SpetS15

Still having the motionless zombie bug. Using v3.0 Beta and .84 zombie mod and ACE 2 up to date completely.

This sucks, this mod used to be SO good with friends. Is it abandoned?

Yea, same bug here (motionless zombies). Any fixes for this?