Sign in to follow this  
mr_centipede

Geo-Political Games genre

Hello all,

Recently I watched a documentary about the cold war, and suddenly I got the urge to play some geopolitical game. I have Supreme Ruler 2020 ( http://www.paradoxplaza.com/SupremeRuler2020/?p=game_info ). I was quite nice. But... there is something but I just cant point it...

Anyway what are your thought about Supreme Ruler, or some other geo-politcal game?

Hearts of Iron 2 and 3, my uncle plays two and is aiming to get 3. They are about 2nd WW and you can play as any nation you like.

Superpower II ain't half bad, but does crash occasionally, and can get a little annoying. Over the years it keeps drawing me back, but then it keeps pushing me away. It's worth a look, but it will never be your favourite game.

Abs

Hearts of Iron 2 and 3, my uncle plays two and is aiming to get 3. They are about 2nd WW and you can play as any nation you like.
They'd both be good games if they weren't filled with majors bugs.

rulers of nations looks nice... maybe just what I need. I had superpower2, it was fun... but the war aspect left me wanting more... but overall it was a good game. I think

back to rulers of nations, does anyone have any experience with it?

Defcon doesn't fit in the category at all lol.

I played rulers of nations recently and it feels really cheap. It's not very polished, has some big bugs and feels like it should probably be about $10 instead.

It's kinda fun though.

Hm... I was just about to take the plunge on RON... what kind of bugs are you talking about? is there a demo somewhere? Nothing was mention in the official site. btw what DRM did they use? And do they have an official forum or something?

Hm... I was just about to take the plunge on RON... what kind of bugs are you talking about? is there a demo somewhere? Nothing was mention in the official site. btw what DRM did they use? And do they have an official forum or something?

It's like how ArmA II was when it was first released in 2009. There are patches that fix some of the bugs, but not all of them. However, the game is a significant improvement over its predecessors from what I've heard.

All the textures disappeared for me at one point so I couldn't really see anything.

@Lagueesha

Well, I guess that is good to hear

@Gossamer,

Erm.. must be annoying.. but if it's resolvable by reloading or restart the game, I think I can live with it. Unless it persistently to happen every hour or so...

Hmm... maybe I'll take the plunge in the near future.. $40 still kinda steep for me at this time. Got any discount coupon to share? hehe :D

Just took the plunge.... and bought Rulers of Nations at gamersgate. I had a lot of fun... but the quarelling between ministers are getting on my nerve. Never had a war yet... just trying getting my country out of debt first.

Anyway, with recent patch 4.23 I think the game is ok so far. Thanks for your inputs

Just took the plunge.... and bought Rulers of Nations at gamersgate. I had a lot of fun... but the quarelling between ministers are getting on my nerve. Never had a war yet... just trying getting my country out of debt first.

Anyway, with recent patch 4.23 I think the game is ok so far. Thanks for your inputs

I played as Venezuela and had to invade Guyanna as my secret objective (or whatever it's called). I raped bitches left and right, took the country over very quickly :)