Sign in to follow this  
Melvenor

Which ports to open for MP play?

Hi all! Guys, what ports should i open for playing ArmA Multiplayer on my router? My internet connection is PPTP (if it's important). :)

About OA dedicated: If server You are connecting use "defailt" ports - its 2302, 2304 and 2305. If server use some other ports, eg. its marked "our gameserver is 195.168.47.98:2500" You may calculate other ports by adding +2 and +3 (so 2 other ports to be opened are 2502 and 2503).

For Arma2 ports are 2302, 2303 and 2305.(use +1 and +3 respectively)

Dont forget about port forvarding too, if needed.

Ok, for example, i want to play on this server. Port is 2302 and i need open 2304 and 2305 ports, needn't i?

P.S. Ñ Ñ€ÑƒÑÑкий ;)

I would open UDP ports in, range 2302-2305

And open all UDP out if it's not all ready open

That's if your playing OFP, ArmA, Arma2 or A2:CO.

I can ping 81.88.208.135, so thats good.

Can't anyone else connect to your server?

Try first allow 2302-2305 both in and out from your server.

Then your game would work, but GameSpy would probably fail. If thats important.

It looks like your correct on the firewall, but I don't know if thats just in or just out?

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

or are you just talking about you want to join that server?

No no no no no. I'm not going to have my own server. I simply want to play on servers with people. I opened 2302-2305 UDP ports, but when i join to any server, join to lobby, download server's data, loading "with images" and already out of the lobby loading when simply on the black screen is written "Loading..." ... at this time i leave connection to the server and to my internet. In short, at this time my internet connection crashes. It's only in ArmA... I tried to play MP without router.. through direct connection, it's all nice, good playing without any problem.

P.S. sorry for my language...

ah

Then it might be addons.

I see that that server don't have any addons running, but they play on chernarus.

Chernarus is (if I remember correct) part of Armed Assault, but they play Arma2:Combinded Operations....

After what I recall, they need CAA1 and OAC to play missions on Chernarus with A2:CO

This problem is on any servers...

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

And Chernarus is the territory of Arma 2. I have A2:CO.

yeah your right. It's Sahrani that's on ArmA.

Then I can't help you. Haven't done anything to my personal firewall / router to be able to play.

Sorry

Me and my friends can actually host servers without opening any ports at all and without hamachi, and most of us are behind routers/home networks. Sometimes one would get a "connection failed" message though, and then connecting via direct IP through Hamachi is required to work around it (though sometimes it'll end up solving itself if you just keep trying, but sometimes not), but anyway this seems to be more like an Israel-ISP-only kind of problem...