Sign in to follow this  
suma

ARMA 2: OA beta build 1.58.78413

In anticipation of a soon to come 1.58 stable there is now 1.58 public beta (not compatible with 1.57 servers, but still installable side by side with it). As usual, grab it at http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Changelog:

[78376] Changed: Manual vectoring control in autohover mode with analogue throttle using Flaps actions.

[78374] Fixed: Helicopter did not take off when engine was off and enemies nearby.

[78372] Improved: Faster Signature checks on server side.

[78205] Improved: Only first AI unit in each formation reports its position on Report Status.

[78194] Changed: First click on a target from quick commanding menu now issues Target instead of Attack, second click issues Engage.

[78192] Improved: VerifySignatures entry in server.cfg can contain the required version of signatures.

Edited by Suma

Mmmm... Not quite what i was expecting but still is nice to see some fixes.

[78374] Looks particularly promising...

Its probably placebo-- but this patch does seem to run smoother when zoomed in on vegetation. A more indepth test will have to wait until later.

[78205] Improved: Only first AI unit in each formation reports its position on Report Status.

Now this is a change I really like-- my only concern is how will you know there are more troops with that unit/group? Perhaps if either the leading unit could submit "1,2,3,4 position XX,XX" or units 2,3,4 could reply short and sweet "ok" or Oscar-Kilo" ;)

-k

[78194] Changed: First click on a target from quick commanding menu now issues Target instead of Attack, second click issues Engage.

This sounds interesting but I cant get it to work.

Before it was;

Quick Command + Reveal Target to order "Engage that xxx"

Quick Command + Shoot to order "Attack that xxx"

I could never tell the difference between them but the second one could be ordered over and over while the first one could only be order once per target.

Now in the Beta it's;

Quick Command + Reveal Target to order "Engage that xxx" (some times doesn't work any more.)

Quick Command + Shoot to order "Engage that xxx"

I cant get any Target command using the quick command menu

---------------------------------

I think it should operate like this:

Quick Command + Reveal Target to order "Target that xxx"

Quick Command + Shoot to order "Attack that xxx"

======================================================

Great to hear we are nearing another patch release with lots of great fixes, Thanks Suma.

I never do this but, Please, please can we get this bug looked at for this patch: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17538

I'm sure its only a simple fix of adjust the models LOD setting. It is ruining Domination for me every time I play. Every enemy may as well have a High Visibility jacket on.

Edited by -=seany=-

Beta patches so far do not make changes to issues pertaining to models, which includes the LODs, in order to keep the filesize low and convenient. It's likely you'll have to wait for a final patch, perhaps even 1.58, perhaps not, for that issue to have a chance of being fixed.

After an initial test using 1.58.78413 beta I noticed that I gained a few frames (~10%) at the price of increased stuttering compared to previous beta builds.

The stuttering is quite notable when flying NoE over Takistan (only one I tried so far).

I tested adding -exThreads=1 and -exThreads=5 but couldn't really see any improvements.

Anyone else seeing experiencing increased stuttering?

System:

- Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 @ 3.40 GHz

- 2 x 1 GB RAM @ 1066 MHz

- nVidia GTX 260 896 MB (Driver: 191.07 WHQL)

- Windows XP Pro SP2

Command line parameters:

-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -profiles=d:\games\ARMAII~1\ -bepath=client1 -name=KeyCat

Using:

A2(DVD)+OA(DVD)+BAF(Sprocket)+PMC(Sprocket)

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

But we can still use Report Status to scan a large unit for injured or ammoless units, right?

I just tried the Ghost Recon missions with this patch and had some problems again with the AI not moving while in Danger mode. I had a squad of 6 or so and gave some individual Move orders to different cover spots and the other 3 a "Group Move" order, while approaching an enemy base. A couple of my guys did move to their spots while the rest hung back 100m or so. Even worse, the guys whom had come to my area starting moving backwards :butbut: ...I guess to regroup with the other men?!? Two of them died during this backpedaling :(

Gotta like that :D looks like no more coordinate floods on the screen

Thanks again BIS!

First click "engage that xxx", on screen "Attack xxx" (french "attaquer xxx")

Second click "engage", on screen "engager"

Third click "Fire"

Never "Target" by voice or on screen.

AC units(M136) don't engage tank(T72) after the second click, it may be logical because of the shielding of these tanks.

Edited by EricFr
Details

Please work on something to allow AI to use more CPU cores instead of only 1 (one)

We play on coop mission with 30-40 peoples and like 100-150 AIs and the server is running at very low fps 6-10 fps making the AI very stupid and slow

SpetS15, I would suggest that the only recourse is to play smaller missions.

In fact, I find smaller missions much more fun. No need for hundreds of AIs.

Any one else encounter the AI wont proceed under known threat in danger mode? I really want to believe that I'm wrong :o

SpetS15, I would suggest that the only recourse is to play smaller missions.

In fact, I find smaller missions much more fun. No need for hundreds of AIs.

Why climb mountains ? COS THEY'RE THERE !

If Arma2 CAN do lots of AI then I damn well want them to do so. If I wanted a game with a small number of AI I would have become a CODKiddie (if such a thing is possible at my age !)

Changelog:

[78376] Changed: Manual vectoring control in autohover mode with analogue throttle using Flaps actions.

Sounds damn interesting but i have no idea what it is actually saying. could someone smarter please explain?

Why climb mountains ? COS THEY'RE THERE !

If Arma2 CAN do lots of AI then I damn well want them to do so. If I wanted a game with a small number of AI I would have become a CODKiddie (if such a thing is possible at my age !)

Whatever floats your boat, as they say.

Although, I do take a huge offense at you saying that liking smaller missions makes you a "CODKiddie". With smaller missions, I find the gameplay much more realistic and tactical. Plus, there's much more of an opportunity to use stealth, which I love.

Has this even been in the fixings http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1812890&postcount=108? Iv seen alot of beta and an 1.57 new patch that did not even fix or say anything about fixing this bug. Im still useing 1.54 cause of this bug. I know it can be an quick fix for this issue. Is there any info on this??

you are using 1.54 because of a barely noticeable stretch of a forearm glitch?

yeah ... thats' gamebreaking ! FPDR

I second the motion of using other cores to process AI if they're free to do so.

Quote:

First click "engage that xxx", on screen "Attack xxx" (french "attaquer xxx")

Second click "engage", on screen "engager"

Third click "Fire"

Never "Target" by voice or on screen.

I can second this. How it is supposed to work judging by the beta changelog would be perfect for the way I would like to play.

Thanks

Frosty