Sign in to follow this  
topas

September 1939 Mod

Nice Opel Blitz. But why is it written Warschau Express? Is it because, all three assaults were to converge on Warsaw?

It's just a test.

Frankly, I messed up big time yesterday as the slogan should not be inlcuded in the bumpmap... It of course will not in the final version. I will make a texture pack with similar slogans that you can see on historical photos from the campaign and they will be added as a hidden selection to appear randomly;

Here are just some examples of what was written in chalk on the German LKWs and other vehicles during the Polish campaign.

1copy385.jpgcimg1381y.jpgc3copy.jpgc2copy.jpg

anp6zr7chp2q13302147719.jpg0312992.jpg704006.jpg

eidt;

Thanks LODU and Lennard :icon_redface:

Edited by topas

Germany has always liked to bawl out others including of Poles.

I hope you will not have anything against Topas:

1 Marca - (W Polsce) Narodowy Dzień Pamięci "Żołnierzy Wyklętych". Dzień każdego kto przeciwstawił się zbrojnie, komunistom i Sowietom w latach 17.09.1939-21.10.1963

1 March - (In Polish) National Day of Remembrance "Cursed Soldiers". Day of anyone who opposed the armed, the communists and the Soviets in the years 17.09.1939-21.10.1963

Cześć i Chwała Bohaterom!

Honor and Glory of Heroes!

Edited by Wlocz99

Generally I tend to keep politics and such out of the topic, as it's about the technicals and visuals and not anything else here, but no, I do not have anything against.

Even if I seem to have a fixed opinion on the matter it 1) does not belong here, 2) it's an official national remembrance day, isn't it, so...

Edited by topas

But still you will release September 1939 mod for arma 2? :)

Yes. This was just out of curiosity, a test. And with positive results as one can see above. Addons appear ingame without a problem, just after copying / pasting into the A3 addon folder. The functionalities are limited - you cannot access every position in the vehicle (in tanks it is possible, cars are non enterable). RVMATS tend to behave strangly in certain weather conditions, etc. But, in general it's a good sign after all.

Yes. This was just out of curiosity, a test. And with positive results as one can see above. Addons appear ingame without a problem, just after copying / pasting into the A3 addon folder. The functionalities are limited - you cannot access every position in the vehicle (in tanks it is possible, cars are non enterable). RVMATS tend to behave strangly in certain weather conditions, etc. But, in general it's a good sign after all.

Indeed ! Go back to modding instead of playing ArmA3, you lazzy

:31:

Thanks to ongoing cooperation with the Army of Czechoslovak Republic mod I'm pleased to present the most recent addition to the German armored section of W39;

352x.jpg 351oth.jpg

Work is being scheduled to begin shortly on a different vehicle too - the .p3d was on our hard drives since 2010, it waited long enough:

sdkfz251.jpg arma2oa2013032122583604.jpg

SdKfz 251/1 Ausf.A, the very first version of the iconic transporter; different front part, visors on sides and several other details differentiate it from the later versions known from games/mods.

September 1939, Poland was the baptism by fire for the Hanomag. During the campaign it also was Heinz Guderian's mobile command post.

sd.jpg

Are there any features of this mod that might be incompatible with ace2? And does the weapons use arma 2 sounds so they could be jsrs 1.5 compatible? Is it even possible to make for example mp38's and other pm's use arma 2 smg's sounds so they would be replaced by jsrs1.5 sounds?

Yeah, you two Mods could be more for closer cooperations. The German weapon pack and some armors of Czecho Mod are really very impressive in the models and textures. Personally, I even hope you two Mods could be merged to bring a larger MOD together and also could save some repeated modelling works for more efficient and time consuming modding progress. Of course, it's only my wish...

Yeah- To bring all nations under one banner ! Wait, its 1939, we re not "allies" with russians yet.

Topas, one question- are you guys planing to make resistance units ? there was a mision with AK in our community yesterday and long story short- only "civilians" avalible are NAPA guys from A2. There are so many uses for WW II type resistance. And if you make that you would be the only mod with it. That would give you guys huge attention.Imagine Warsaw uprising in game or all these actions that we were told about as little kids.

Tes, it seems WarSaw uprising was in 1944. The mod should be purposed for the very early war stage anyway.

Well i think that main goal of this mod is to show the Polish part of war.Early stage was the only one when our army was using its own equipment,vehicles and uniforms.after that it was just British or russian stuff.For recreating battles of Western front (or more like making misions based on them) we can use I44 but there is no good replace for Polish army from '39.Same thing goes with AK Im not saing that we need resistance units now. I just want Makers to consider making them in distant future.

Yeah, you two Mods could be more for closer cooperations. The German weapon pack and some armors of Czecho Mod are really very impressive in the models and textures. Personally, I even hope you two Mods could be merged to bring a larger MOD together and also could save some repeated modelling works for more efficient and time consuming modding progress. Of course, it's only my wish...

Even when everything is similar to the German army in 1938 was at a different level than in 1939, equipment, vehicles and marking type techniques. Due to the similarity order provides models, and so on. Harnessing the mods would be a problem because they are on a different topic, in 1938, the Polish state and the enemy ran regulrní war between the Czechoslovak and Polish army. How then should such a mod called? In OFP I connect with ČSA38 W39-45 that were released for OFP some other models like 7TP ..It is a pity that the power of modelers today wants to do, and most people want to play rather than do. :(

Topas, is there any plan to release some tanks or support weapon for ArmaII alpha? The current soldier packs are really amazing and I've been playing them since then.

I just founded out that alpha stuff is for download... Tested and loved it... I will keep up to my promise and once the mod will be finished or in beta, if it will I shall create clan based on my beloved nation.

So please continue... Continue on with the masterpiece!

If there is any stuff a shit modder like me could help out let me know!

Edited by Sakai

Looking forward to release, would you be heading to a september release date by any chance haha

Looking forward to release, would you be heading to a september release date by any chance haha

Probably simple answer he would of give like to similar ones before... Once finished it will be released

Is the mod dead or are you taking a little break from it ? Because we haven't heard any news for a while :(