Sign in to follow this  
topas

September 1939 Mod

PZL-37B ÅoÅ› [Elk] 1:1 replica completed! :yay:

http://www.tvn24.pl/zdjecia/bombowiec-los,25779,lista.html

1&srcw=972&srch=2000&dstw=972&dsth=2000

Before the war, the PZL.37B ÅoÅ› was one of the world's most modern bombers. It was able to carry a heavier bombload than similar aircraft, for example the Vickers Wellington. The bombs were carried in two-section bomb bay in the fuselage (with space for 4 bombs) and 8 bomb bays in the central section of the wings (with space for 16 bombs).

Smaller than most contemporary medium bombers, it was relatively fast and easy to handle.

Thanks to a landing gear with double wheels it could operate from rough fields or meadows.

Starting with a presentation at a salon in Belgrade in June 1938 and in Paris in November, the PZL.37 met with a huge interest. For export purposes, new variants were developed and ordered by Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, RomaniaTurkey, Greece, Belgium, Spain, Denmark, Estonia, Finland and Iran.The outbreak of the war prevented it.

2 were captured by Germans, at least as much (or slightly more) by Soviets, some of the operational machines which were caught in the air by Poland's surrender saught refuge in Romania and were there, efectively used by their national airforce till the end of WW2 (unconfirmed sources claim that even till 1960's). No original bomber survived till today.

Urban legends claim one, surviving, is still being stored somewhere in today's Russia, which may or not be true... who knows... it's probably not true, but it's known that despite being considered 'extinct' Polish hardware pieces from 1939 used to show up from time to time in the east after decades (like the C7P artillery tractor, which, right after being discovered ended up as spare parts for a T-26 semi-replica -> here' what remained of it trashed together by the Russians along with some 1939 artillery piece)

This is what I have been awaiting for so long, finally I will get the chance to play as a Soldier of the II RP. Me and my clan is already planning on switching to this mod once it realeases from now dead Festung Breslau mod on Warband.

Me and Lads can't wait, hope its coming along nicely. Anywho powodzenia :P

My sweet country :D

i'm definitely going to play this mod out and doing all nighter till morning xD

Splendid work my fellow country men :'D I wish I would of have some skills in arma moding then re-texturing than I would of try helping as much as I can D:

Edited by Sakowski

Very encouraging comments, thanks. It's nice to know from time to time that there's some people out there appreciating and looking forward to our work. Speaking of work; we're warming up. Vilas is busy with his own projects, some loose ends to tie before he commits himself to this mod. I use this time to fill some gaps; create textures for gear and units that were missing or were recently requested as addition. Auxillary medics, caps, mid-20's backpacks and old issue blouses for reserve units etc. Would like to have as much finished and complete before Vilas starts to bring those ingame fuly functional.

pckm.th.jpg roggarpromo.th.jpg plecakwz25.th.jpg

There's also some fooling around with semi-working, half-done Germans :P

arma2oa2012101320214696.th.jpg

We should start being serious and kick off with some real work next week, as I'm being assured.

Glad to hear some fresh news :P By the way your forum seems rather dead, Ill sign up and get my lads to sign to your forum so we can talk a bit in Polish.

Yeah, the internal forum was kind of a bad idea. Everyone in the team prefered to exchange ideas and WIPs through GaduGadu and Sendspace. Actually, it served us as a kind of repository for reference images, mostly for the terrains and objects. Most blueprints are being stored there too. Frankly, I do not know if remember the admin access passwords and logins anymore :P

Minor progress; focusing on the Germans; establishing a base for Vilas to work further on, added first version of a medic. WW1 styled "Affe-Tornister" done so far, extra canteen, special pouches will need to be added still and textures reworked (armpatch etc.) attempt to update tonight.

34448370.th.jpg

PS:

Does anyone here has sufficient knowledge of the German troops of the time to tell us who these guys are? They wear normal tunics, but seem to lack any collar tabs and patches...

(I always thought that collar tabs were a Wehrmacht standard). Are these regular grunts or?

592pq.th.jpg beztytuucopy464.th.jpg invasionpolandww2second.th.jpg

Looks like very early infantry uniform, almost WW1 uniform (old stahlhelm), maybe some kind of reserve infantry.

The uniforms are standard issue M34/M36 tunics. Helmets, yes, it's the M16 variant. It was still a very common sight during this campaign.

It's just the complete lack of collar tabs that puzzles me.

Oh, well, I will just condsider this issue an anomally and look the other way. I'll include collar tabs on each texture variation to go along with proper army branches.

For now - I have started to work on the rank system and made these, ranging from Oberschutze [senior private] to Leutnant (yes, I know I overlooked a mistake in ranks higher than Feldwebel - the silver welt should be closed, but will correct this)

whstopnie2.th.jpg

Edited by topas
imageshack sucks

An important message from our new contributor, Vilas; quoted from his own forums:

for Topas :

Mausers :

Polish mk 29, mk 29 cavalery, and German 98K

rdlogin4.th.jpgrdlogin3.th.jpgrdlogin2.th.jpgrdlogin1.th.jpgrdlogin.th.jpg

started today at 9 AM, finished at 1 AM :]

In other words, both the Polish Army and German Wehrmacht are now eqiuped with their basic, standard issue rifles. Firefights and border skirmishes can begin ;)

Vilas replaced both the Wz.29 and K98 we had earlier (I'm not even certain of the K98 origins... it was either Petrtlach's or some I44 donation dating to OFP times...), plus added a short PWU wz.29 variant used in cavalry units, not featured in our mod yet.

I remeber someone (Kraetzer?) making a comment about a long K98 version used by German Pioneer units, need to dig through all the pages to find info now.... hopefully, this will be added in time too.

Surely, a version with scope will follow as it was in use (even if limited, as there were no Snipers as we know from WW2 yet).

Thanks Vilas*

PS; Oh, and one more thing. Everybody, say Guten Tag to Fritz. He's the first succesfull import of a Jaksa-created model (helmet and gear come from Lodu and his most generous donation) and will be - in the days and weeks to follow - literally tortured during numerous texture/unit variation/weapon/animation tests. Thanks Jaksa, Lodu, and Fritz, who'll soon endure the most hardship (hope he survives to see the beginning of the Polish Campaign); if not, look for his Stahlhelm marked grave somewhere in the Wola Gułowska forests :P

* support this walking addonmaking machine! click on the links in signatures (of Icebraeker, for instance)

Edited by topas

Steadily adding more and more units to the variety of working ingame models ;) Borderland Guards, Police, Germans. Paralel work is being performed by Vilas on making the weapons functional (including bolt action anims and animated rounds in mags).

arma2oa2012102019122360.th.jpg arma2oa2012102022425295.th.jpg arma2oa2012102022532028.th.jpg arma2oa2012102023262979.th.jpg arma2oa2012102023364179.th.jpg

Holy mother of... I think I... I... ****

Is that a police officer in full blue? because I was just about to give a suggestion about adding police lol

Holy mother of... I think I... I... ****

Is that a police officer in full blue? because I was just about to give a suggestion about adding police lol

Yes, it's a 'granatowy'.

The model and texture were ready (let me check...yes) exactly a year ago, October 13th 2011.... We had some problems along the way, but hey, we're moving forward ;)

Edited by topas

Chauchat M1915 LMG, the crappiest weapon used during the conflict, now fully functional, thanks to Vilas:

rwF7lTVtO-k

Oh, and a first WIP video in this topic :P

Chauchat M1915 LMG, the crappiest weapon used during the conflict, now fully functional, thanks to Vilas:

I'm pleased :) I love crappy French weapons :D

Hey! You're doing great work in this mod. Just quick question. Ever thought about adding 25TP to the mod?

Thanx all; Cyjanek, no, this won't happen I suppose. We're rather focusing on stuff that existed and 25TP was merely an idea.

Hey! You're doing great work in this mod. Just quick question. Ever thought about adding 25TP to the mod?

Believe me, I looked for some decent references, and none exist, so no 25TP. :/

Abs