Sign in to follow this  
topas

September 1939 Mod

ricardo777, Firehawk85, thank you very much for your offers. I'll remember to come back to those once we pick up the old pace again. A lot of more pressing issues have to be addressed before we move to the music selection choice... Sounds will surely come first, but, not yet I'm affraid...

PolishFactor; thanks for the ideas. You may probably presume that we have a lot of our own for quite some time now and for 101% your proposals are compatible with what we had in mind. AS for the Hotchkiss.. we were thinking Renault R35 instead, but so far, we found noone who would be up to the task of modelling one. Once, I was 'that' close to getting one from a Red Orchestra mod but it didn't work out (the mod was cancelled some years ago, could not trace the author...)

Recently I started to warm up and decided to come back to active work on the mod, by adding Bataliony Obrony Narodowej textures and ZwiÄ…zek Strzelecki (which was requested a long time ago already) to the infantry pack that is being developed (or not? lost contact with Jaksa who was supposed to do it).

Thanks for stopping by and showing interest despite us not making any relevant progress recently. To your health! ;)

Edited by topas

Hello guys, First of all Great work!. I'v Been watching in anticipation for quite some time.

I have a quick question. Will the FT-17 be available with the short 37mm cannon or only the MG version?.

I really do hope the 37mm makes an appearance since its the catalyst of all modern tanks and all.

Take care and look forward to your response.

Well, in the end it's not my decision to make, but it should not be a problem, I think.

We have the SA-18 Puteaux 37mm modeled practically since the beginning and it's in one of our earliest models already (wz.34 armored car), but it's not UVmapped for some reason (don't know why). We'll put this on our long list of "things-that-we-have-started-and-somehow-forgot-to-finish-before-taking-on-some-other-stuff" :P

Ok thanks for the response topas and thank you, this would be a small dream come true!. Take care and look forward to enjoying your hard work.

Today is the day to remember. Here is the art by Dmytro Zgonnik

Last%2Bversion.jpg

Hope to show you some WIP of my contribution to the mod soon.

Looking forward to it with great anticipation, Volsukh.

Ok folks, I was originally not planning on giving away any info yet; but this news is too good to be kept a secret.

Good fortune has smiled on us, and sent us a helping hand - and not just any hand. A veteran of this scene agreed to make the Jaksa/LODU units, which were gathering dust on our HD's since mid-2011, reality. I'm proud and unbelievably happy to present some first, rather promissing, test results.

arma2oa2012091523030645.th.jpgarma2oa2012091523063166.th.jpg arma2oa2012091522354111.th.jpg arma2oa2012091522591789.th.jpg arma2oa2012091523301541.th.jpg

I will spend this week's evenings on making a detailed reference sheet, covering all the troop variations possible to produce with the gear Jaksa modelled, so the numbers and diversity will constantly grow. Maybe (let's not push our luck) we'll be able to expand the (already pretty decent) variety by adding some elements we're still missing (forage caps, some equipment like blankets for backpacks etc.). Time will tell. For now; we're on the move and making progress again.

I'm pretty sure that in the weeks to follow it will again be worth to keep a close eye on this thread, just like in the good old days.

Vilas, thank you very much :notworthy:

Great looking units, cant wait to make some missions or campaign wenn the mod will be relased. :) Great job guys.

@ProfTournesol; I myself was not that sure, but it luckilly happened. Good thing is that we won't have to cut the corners, as we were nearly ready to do and won't need to give up anything of the originally planned content. Right now the future's bright and you'll get seamen, policemen, hell maybe even postmen and railwaymen.

@tom3kb; keep fingers crossed, we're on the right track again, but still with a long voyage ahead of us. On the bright side;a much shorter one than it was a week ago ;)

Edited by topas

Very nice !

Hehe, i knew he would come ;)

i love history as you, as you know from WW1 mods ;) you OFP mods are great , so unique :notworthy:

but due to overload of projects i had no time to make WW1 for Arma yet ( i say YET)

but soon i will quit all "real modern" projects,

P85 will be updated

Polish modern troops will be updated

weapons packs will be updated and...

time for 1939, Alien's Colonial Marines with many weapons (from different AVP games also console one's) and i hope WW1 in future

"modern warfare" is done by many many people, as well as end of WW2 (1944 till 1945)

i hope mayb Korea in future, but this 1939 is really worth it as a first month of WW2 :)

also i finally learned to make hand-anims (great thanx to TheSun) so those weapons will also get hand positions

in Arma3 we will have huge modern mods and stuff, so more history will not hurt anyway ,

after 1939, next logic step would be 1914 or 2145 ? ;)

Edited by vilas

i love history as you, as you know from WW1 mods ;) you OFP mods are great , so unique :notworthy:

but due to overload of projects i had no time to make WW1 for Arma yet ( i say YET)

but soon i will quit all "real modern" projects,

P85 will be updated

Polish modern troops will be updated

weapons packs will be updated and...

time for 1939, Alien's Colonial Marines with many weapons (from different AVP games also console one's) and i hope WW1 in future

"modern warfare" is done by many many people, as well as end of WW2 (1944 till 1945)

i hope mayb Korea in future, but this 1939 is really worth it as a first month of WW2 :)

also i finally learned to make hand-anims (great thanx to TheSun) so those weapons will also get hand positions

in Arma3 we will have huge modern mods and stuff, so more history will not hurt anyway ,

If you ever do WW1, we would be hugely honoured if you was to help our mod, of course that is up to you though :)

Back on topic though...

Those units look stunning guys ;)

Why not 1941, maybe into the pacific theater? :banghead:

Seriously, I'm so courious to see the progress on the WWI mod as well!

Stop arguing! Vilas will surely take requests and recruitment offers per PM or in his release thread. Anyway, it's only two days he's been helping us and now you all want to steal him away? :P

Stop arguing! Vilas will surely take requests and recruitment offers per PM or in his release thread. Anyway, it's only two days he's been helping us and now you all want to steal him away? :P

How can we don't get attracted from you/him? I would steal all of you! :devil:

this whole stealing reminded me of a 1939 polish poster instantly:

wara-plakat-namurze.jpg

:icon_mrgreen:

Oh my lol

Nah not stealing, borrowing :yay:

Not out to steal, just got carried away after he mentioned WW1. No offence intended.

Edited by hetsar

I was just pulling your leg, I know there's no offensive intentions... c'mon...

Contact TG and think together about the PM I sent him earlier yesterday ;)

That is such awesome work!!!

Virtuti_Militari_Grand_Cross.jpg

An order of Virtuti Militari 1st Class for all your work :bounce3:

Still do not know if we're worth getting such a high decortation. One would be in order if this was already released, I suppose...

Anyway, since our last update I got a few PMs (to which I did not respond yet, sorry) about the future and timeframe of the development. Since I have some news in this area I decided to answer this questions here, as everyone interested should know;

Vilas, who gave us an unexpected boost and lot of optimism, unfortunately, encountered some technical problems; 10 days ago I got an SMS saying "My PC died of old age"...

So (of course, not being egoistic here and sorry for his loss), that's it with our progress, I think, again.. I'm affraid we'll be having some major hold up again. Sorry.

There's really not much you can effectively do on your own to push things forward when your teammates jump ship without notice, vanish into thin air and maintain radio silence since March (our own teamleader...) or their hardware dies...

PS: Today is September 27th, the day before the decision was made to cease Warsaw's defence.

At the very same day the decision was made to form the armed Polish underground and continue the fight against the aggressor.

For anyone interested, here's how it looked like;

72BFkdI8alo

It does look like addon-makers have it though here.

Hope you'll see things through, because the things you already had were looking promising.

Looking at this I get a feeling that there seem to be less and less active model/terrain/addon-makers. Almost feels like it would be better if efforts could be bundled somehow. Like making reusable assets with some more easily modifiable parts.

For example, instead of making completed buildings which will only fit one (kind of) map. Instead make a few generic buildings with working interiors but with modular/interchangeable exteriors (wall-parts). That way people could just retexture or edit those "facades" for their particular terrain.

I think most addon makers have some shared common ground, but now I feel like you first have to become a kind of homo-universalis before you can even add a simple thing ingame. It certainly slows me down enormously and if everyone has to go through the same thing that's huge amount of wasted time and effort. Personally I wouldn't mind if bistudio spent more effort into making a content creation framework around arma than in the game itself. I don't think I'm the only one who'd rather create his own game/mission instead of playing them.

Compared to things like minecraft and second life and such, I feel the VR-engine has a lot more to offer if the learning curve just wasn't so damn steep it feels like it's sloping backwards. I wouldn't be surprised if bistudio had a huge hit, if it would focus solely on the user-creative-aspect with online options instead of making a more mainstream "game". (Eww I just had a cold shiver down my spine thinking about retarded games like BF3, which some people seem to think of as a good example of something or other.)

Vilas, who gave us an unexpected boost and lot of optimism, unfortunately, encountered some technical problems; 10 days ago I got an SMS saying "My PC died of old age"...

So (of course, not being egoistic here and sorry for his loss), that's it with our progress, I think, again.. I'm affraid we'll be having some major hold up again. Sorry.

For those who can afford it, it's possible to help Vilas on that point (get a new comp) : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?85067-VILAS-addons-release-thread&p=2231675&viewfull=1#post2231675