Sign in to follow this  
topas

September 1939 Mod

Thanks.

As for the shine, Gnat, I may tone it down a bit. It's not very disturbing and shows only in a fully sunny weather, usualy between 6 and 8 o'clock. Normally it's rather moderate and if you look at the 2 last screenshots, I believe it's rather consistant with the grade of reflection we can see on the below pic:

7TP_006.jpg

I laready started implementing rvmat & co. to our other models. It finally starts looking like metal not cardboard ;) (and yes, it's a shame we have waited that long to actually do this..)

Maybe could consider work for iron front game?

Or you guys can just get our work for free...just sayin'.

Abs

Or you guys can just get our work for free...just sayin'.

Abs

I don't know if he was trying to suggest you "port" this mod over to IF when it's out.

I don't know if he was trying to suggest you "port" this mod over to IF when it's out.

Fair point. My bad, if that's what he meant. It would definitely be a neat idea with their new tank damage system.

Abs

Thanks.

As for the shine, Gnat, I may tone it down a bit. It's not very disturbing and shows only in a fully sunny weather, usualy between 6 and 8 o'clock. Normally it's rather moderate and if you look at the 2 last screenshots, I believe it's rather consistant with the grade of reflection we can see on the below pic:

http://beute.narod.ru/Beutepanzer/poland/7TP/7TP_006.jpg

I laready started implementing rvmat & co. to our other models. It finally starts looking like metal not cardboard ;) (and yes, it's a shame we have waited that long to actually do this..)

Is that a Grease Gun that guy is holding?

Good to now you are implementing materials to the models!

Exactly!it seems the armor damage system and some other effects of iron front could be very impressive. As you know, their improved Arama2 engine is intended for ww2 game. But the shortage is their current options of armors and etc. are not many enough.

What my personal suggestion is all future other ww2 mods developed under current arma2 could be considered to port to or develop in iron front, if the game is really so good after releasing. That won't harm your mods and would only make the mods and iron front game a big combination of various ww2 scenaria. Just imaging, we could fight in the eastern front, western front, far east and lots of battles with huge options of troops, weapon and etc.

Edited by Fkymplbo

Hmm. I don't think , that modders will be remake their mods under IF engine - the AI behavior the same, to make special scripts and models for damaging parts of vehicles is so hard and difficult, besides, they don't have time on it before Arma3 release. Of course, the release of new Arma game is not replacement of previous parts of BIS game, this is adding to family, but modders better to work on new engine with phisics and regdoll, then working on old engine. IF will be use engine of A2.

Is that a Grease Gun that guy is holding?

Yes, it is. The picture has been taken in summer of 1944 in France. There is more pictures in the web documenting US soldiers examining this particular tank.

As for IF; we have barely time to implement all the features required by/possible in the vanilla ArmA II, I highly doubt we will ever get to adjusting the stuff to this product.

Looks like Iron front is not moddable.

By the way amazing work guys!! Lookin forward to play with this!!

(why port this beauty on Iron Front if Arma3 is coming out? :annoy:)

Iron front would welcome mods as per the team. And won't be so difficult to mod under it. Just hope it could be a basic module for ww2 scenaria games. It won't bother even if arma3 would come out.

By the way amazing work guys!! Lookin forward to play with this!!

First of all, Iron Front IS moddable, whether or not they want to port the mod is up to them.

Secondly, you ask why port to IF if ArmA 3 is coming out? Well who says ArmA 3 is going to have the game play features that IF has such as a real armor system or proper weapon resting, etc.

First of all, Iron Front IS moddable

May I ask for your source here?

I would really like that to be true, but I never saw that this has been confirmed.

And on topic: Very nice model and texture, can't wait driving around in that one :)

Cheers,

D.

Sorry if we are complitly off topic, but I have to reply.

First as Dimitri sed, if Iron front is moddable is a big question mark, but if it is it's nice, indeed.

Second, the gameplay of A3 it's complitly different from A2 (wich is the iron front engine), phisix open a lot of doors for gameplay, also the weapon resting with phisix will be more realistic. For the armor penetration I really don't know how A3 is going.

Iron front have a fantastic Armor penetration indeed, but I don't think it's that easy make a "tank addon" compatible with it.

A3 is an improved version of the A2 engine, thats mean something...or not? :licklips:

arma2oa2012051820542597.th.jpg

Early shot of WIP on a small bonus ;)

Heheh...looks evil! I like it.

Abs

[if I could make one critique...it looks like there should be mud where the front wheel is, as the sides all around it are covered in mud. :)]

Edited by Abs

Will there be a campaign and/or SP missions with the mod release?

7TP was in service with the Germans practically through the whole war (eastern/western front). I can make some other (post-1939) texture variations if someone wishes to use it outside of the mod combined with other mods or just for private WW2 scenarios.

17 pages of photo reference

-> Abs; Ctritique accepted, as I wrote the base texture is not finished, more mud will come

-> Wiki; We do hope to offer this with release; wide range of vehicles, infantry models and weapons, plus a choice of 4 factions should make it possible in the end

PS: This picture should be a proof of the 'shine' ;) exact the same as on the WIP screen.

7TP_100.jpg

Edited by topas

-> Abs; Ctritique accepted, as I wrote the base texture is not finished, more mud will come

True....pardon me; I'm just really enthusiastic to see your work. :) I know these things take time.

Abs

Learnig to develop and apply supershaders... Below a nice side effect of an experiment; after not being able to get the shader of a given intensity to show up I assigned fresnelGlass to one of the 7 rvmat stages.

That's how it looks like (but only from certain angles, overal it's not a good choice)

ss3gq.th.jpg

ss1sk.th.jpg

ok, starting another trial and error run ...for now I got the shader to appear in Buldozer, can't get it to show ingame yet (#@#@#$ configs..) ;/

Not anymore I am... While applying the rvmats I screwed with the configs too much and now the pack is causing me a CTD. Lesson learned, don't touch what you know nothing about :P

As for the progress in other fields; The two turret version of the 7TP is being worked on (Abs, correct me if not), Lecholas has been busy with some very nice objects that should provide for a proper feel of the geographical/historical setting, work has been done by an external contributor on UVmapping a vital piece of Polish artillery - hopefully I will have some time to texture it and present with the aforementioned WIPs soon.

PS: (OT) as fr the style; beautiful Excelsior class you got there Mr.Charles... It's hard to imagine this design is 30 years old already

Edited by topas

...(Abs, correct me if not)...

It's....uh....in the planning stages. It was a long weekend here in Canada (Happy birthday, long-dead Queen Victoria!) so I was actually out for most of the weekend. You can expect to see something from me soonâ„¢ though, as it's not too much work to build the two turrets, create a new muffler, and make a few tiny modifications here and there.

Abs