Sign in to follow this  
topas

September 1939 Mod

Really do not feel like going around from 1 to 60 but will be there a "Kubus", I am not sure if it was a APC or just armored car :P That would look well :P

Kubus was introduced in 1944. It was build on a Chevrolet chassis in 13 days during the Warsaw Uprising by the resistance. It was armored, but in the end not armed, so it was rather an APC.

0e5d5d11d05ad537med.jpg

I'd like to have this in ArmA someday, but it definately won't be covered by this mod.

Kubus was introduced in 1944. It was build on a Chevrolet chassis in 13 days during the Warsaw Uprising by the resistance. It was armored, but in the end not armed, so it was rather an APC.

http://images21.fotosik.pl/397/0e5d5d11d05ad537med.jpg do not quote images

I'd like to have this in ArmA someday, but it definately won't be covered by this mod.

Ah I see 1944. Well close enough

Edited by Foxhound
removed quoted image

Never say never ;)

From time to time we do envisage a possibility of a resistance-themed sideproject. Once we're done with the units and complete the necessary weaponry and equipment for all sides it should be fairly easy to throw it all into a mixing machine :P

What'll come out may very well look like partisans / underground.

PS: Do not quote images ;)

I realise how monumental of an undertaking this MOD is; however, I still need to ask: are you recreating any specific landscape? I believe Westerplatte or Hel was mentioned.

Thats so amazing. Im sure ArmA II is going to live even after ArmA III as a "WWII ArmA", due to Invasion 44, September 39 and Hell in the Pacific.

Im also pretty confident the upcoming "Liberation 1944" mod is going to be somewhat compatible with the ArmA II addons, or vice versa...In the end we could have one gigantic WW2 game!

Thats so amazing. Im sure ArmA II is going to live even after ArmA III as a "WWII ArmA", due to Invasion 44, September 39 and Hell in the Pacific.

Well, wouldn't it be better, when all of them go to ArmA 3?

Im also pretty confident the upcoming "Liberation 1944" mod is going to be somewhat compatible with the ArmA II addons, or vice versa...In the end we could have one gigantic WW2 game!

Iron Front: Liberation 1944 is a commercial stand-alone game.

Well, wouldn't it be better, when all of them go to ArmA 3?

No. Too much time.

Iron Front: Liberation 1944 is a commercial stand-alone game BASED ON THE ARMA II ENGINE

Therefore the addons may still work.

I'd be quite happy to see an expansion of that sort, but only down the line of course. Good things come with time.

for sure we need to strengthen the armored lines of the Poles.

Czesc Topas;

Are you adding both the TKD

tkd_5.jpg

tkd_1.jpg

and TKS-D

TKSD.jpg

TKSD_Karol2.jpg

And are you recreating any of the more vital defence areas (you’ve mentioned bunkers) or just generic locations?

Za Polske

Hi,

Both are planned, but had been considered low priority ever since I remember.

Taking the relatively small number of those in service into account we have decided to take care of some more vital assets; Abs will be occupied with the 7TP and its versions for the most of his time to come. Then the Vickers tank family will come. After that, C7P arty-towers. I suppose we won't touch the TKS chassis and add any derivatives until we're done with this.

Although we do not even have the TK-3 as for now, maybe if someone is willing to take some heat off Abs - we gladly make the current TKS models available to base the above on it. (we already tried it with some modelers here, but it just did not work out for some reasons).

As for the terrain;

News will be made by the author himself when progress worth showing is made.

For now, I can only say that the terrain being worked on now is an almost (scalewise) 1:1 representation of a real area and is being based on actual 1939 cartographic data. We will try to achieve accuracy as close as possible to the original; yet we do envisage to modify the terrain slightly to enable use of the mentioned fortifications and other objects/vehicles that would make it attractive and usable from a gaming perspective.

Can't really tell how much time it takes to present WIPs, since few days now I'm struggling with putting as much detail as possible on a 1,5GB-heavy .psd file for the 10240x10240 satmask.

(OK, I already said enough, hopefully I did not reveal too much. Let's wait for the author to come forward and tell us more once he's ready)

Regards

T.

I don't mind showing where I'm at with the 7TP for now, just to whet your appetite. :)

Abs

So...yesterday I had the pleasure of testing the new Invasion'44 build.

I was genuinly surprised to see that they had (and already implemented) the same idea I had last Friday - redone menus...

What I'm showing is only a test. The end result was supposed to be a total replacement of the message boxes and buttons with old paper sheets, resembling authentic documents from the era. (Like selecting a new profile, where there's a Polish soldier's ID book in the background)... For the island and mission selection menus there are some old maps in the background, for the sound options scans of radio schematics, etc. etc. Anyway, I don't have all of the screens here, but what do you think? Shall we continue, or will it look like plagiarism (which it's not..) after what I'44 did?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/201/arma2oa2012022600332663.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/85/arma2oa2012022600335588.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/arma2oa2012022600360934.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/arma2oa2012022600364611.jpg/

:j:

You are attempting to make a mod. I believe that a changed selection menu would not be seen as plagiarism, but, like Inv44's use, it's a good way to INCREASE MY IMMERSIONS.

...unless you have Inv44 struck out on the menu and "I mean Sept 39" scrawled underneath. :)

Thanks for feedback.

I will continue with my initial idea then.

Hopefully, despite a similar theme, the end result will be distinctive and original enough.

As for the immersion, Currently the effort is being undertaken to replace the ingame and editor map views with something more fitting the era, we're also gathering data on personal equipment like pocket watches and compasses to replace those default ones ingame. Abs agreed to do the modeling. Be sure we'll show something while we progress, ;)

Go for it - you've been up front about it and I doubt anyone would genuinely believe you copied them after your post. You've both made WWII mods so there are bound to be certain similarities along the way - I'm sure the community is man enough to accept this possibility without causing WW3!

Anyway, I don't have all of the screens here, but what do you think? Shall we continue, or will it look like plagiarism (which it's not..) after what I'44 did?

I think it looks cool, go for it ;) Macolik implemented ours a long while back now I'm so used to it I almost forget until I click to a screen that doesn't have it done. Concept looks great though!

Thx Pac,

As written, the previously shown stuff was not a concept of its own, just a test.

THIS is what I actually had in mind :)

arma2oa2012022914063951.th.jpgarma2oa2012022913004470.th.jpgarma2oa2012022902074886.th.jpgarma2oa2012022900542838.th.jpgarma2oa2012022900533991.th.jpgarma2oa2012022900512410.th.jpg

Looks great Topas. Also like the idea of replacing the watch and compass with something authentic, will really enhance the immersion.

Topas, menu is brilliant! I think, you do launcher or exe file to mod, right?

Menu's are looking very good Topas. Nice one.