Sign in to follow this  
topas

September 1939 Mod

Sure, the Chauchat was very outdated in 1939. And the design of the magazine was in fact a very bad idea, causing jammings if not very carefully filled, moreover the mud could enter it (nice in the WW1 trenches...).

In fact it was massively adopted during WW1 because of its low production cost and simple production process, using very common machines. In 1915, the French army didn't have any collective MG and had to make a very quick choice. But it was overall badly built, and suffered from extraction problems.

Soviet staff will be riding through Polish roads in these elegant car, GAZ M1

- made by our Russian contributor from Flashpoint.ru, пионер.

gazm1.jpg

Updates on bringing this beauty into game and possibly some more info on other cars (some civilian additions) will follow (hopefully) soon. In my first modelling (actually remodelling) attempt I produced something that, in general, should resemble a 1931 Fiat 522C or any given 4door of that era (frankly, they were all quite similar).

Will post some Oxygen shots this evening. ;)

Oh wow, the Chauchat - terrible weapon, but looks great, Topas.

I feel sorry for the poor souls who had to use that horrific piece of kit.

Yes, пионер is indeed very talented.

The body texture is actually solid grey.

With effects applied it will certainly look more attractive ingame.

I have been just given permission to rework the model and source files, so apart from tweaking the base paint texture I will surely add some dust (first half of September 1939 was sunny and dry, you'd imagine how a car would would like driving through some low-volume not paved roads of eastern Poland).

The model will have the feature we're trying to keep as a standard for all our cars - openable doors. Even if this has no true in-game meaning it's a nice touch and will make it more interesting.

Plus, most important, we will certainly use the model to build Soviet armored cars Ba-20 and FAI-M, both beeing a common sight on the September front.

Edited by topas

really nice looking model that one, as tournesol said, nice normals on the wheels..

good to hear different ppl are contributing...

Indeed they are!

The best news today is that Friday 13th turned out to be a very lucky day for us :)

But I'll save the news for later, once we're know it's solid and to be announced.

That oldie car looks really nice!

And thanks for the chauchat demo video! Reckognizing hartman only after 3 minutes into it actually made me laugh good :p

..I will surely add some dust (first half of September 1939 was sunny and dry, you'd imagine how a car would would like driving through some low-volume not paved roads of eastern Poland).

Makes me wonder..

With automatic camo it was proven that you can determine what ground a unit is on. What happened if someone added several versions of the base texture with sublte iterations of more and more dust on it, and then changing it by using setobjecttexture command the longer the vehicle stays on "dust road" coefficient value stuff? :D

Hmm... cars getting dirty in real time like in GTAIV, now that would be insane...

An ingenius idea, I'd surely like to come back to this, right after we teach our soldiers to walk, crouch, reload and such :P (meaning; we do have some more pressing issues like animating the units on our hands now)

But will surely keep this in mind. Worth trying.

Wonderful work as usual Topas, I'm pleased to see the addition of the GAZ M1 and looking forward to seeing the finished Fiat sometime in the future.

I really like the direction the mod has taken regarding making available civilian models, do you expect that down the line you will have era-appropriate civilians as well?

Hi, the models and textures of this mod are really impressive, i hope that the mod can co-exist with other WWII mods like the I44 or the Iron Front 1944, that will be awesome. Let's C ya

We sure do hope to. Arma II default civilians are doing fine now (especially the man in the suit and the secretary, they do fit well in our civilian cars - would just need some nice hats, the elder people who would just need some textures). But in general, yes, we do envisage to include some custom made characters to join tha gang sometime in the future. No idea how to make it the fast-n-easy way without source files / mlods, but eventually we'll find some way.

Edited by topas

Hi, the models and textures of this mod are really impressive, i hope that the mod can co-exist with other WWII mods like the I44 or the Iron Front 1944, that will be awesome. Let's C ya

Iron Front isn't a mod. We don't know if it will accept modding.

WOOW :eek: ...is the screen from the new island or only for promotions ?

WOOW :eek: ...is the screen from the new island or only for promotions ?

A bit of both at the same time perhaps.

PS: Speeding is inadvisable

bumpg.th.jpg

Hell yeahhh ..fantastic:bounce3: i love the vegitation pack from Mikebarts his trees has got a wonderful bloom effect on distance ... a chance that they will find the way to your map ?

Greetz

Hell yeahhh ..fantastic:bounce3: i love the vegitation pack from Mikebarts his trees has got a wonderful bloom effect on distance ... a chance that they will find the way to your map ?

Greetz

It's not yet decided, but probably would be good. As you see the author of the test map works on some custom vegetation of his own too. Much needs to be done in terms of optimisation, but the first results were so promising I have decided to share a screen or two.

The whole deal is a pretty new and fresh issue, we spoke the first time on Friday, so still need to discuss a lot to determine the heading. Yet, we're pretty sure we've entered the initial phase of what turns out to be a fruitful and benefitial cooperation.

Keep your fingers crossed and an eye for future updates on the terrain / objects issues.