Sign in to follow this  
topas

September 1939 Mod

Heh. :o That's what I get for not re-reading the post before googling. I'll check through wikimedia and the gigantic TIME archive tomorrow for you.

Thanks Darkhorse, the reference presented regards an armored vehicle that was constructed 5 years later, during the occupation, and was used in the Warsaw Uprising of 1944. The description in the first link explains it all ;)

Thanks for the effort and time spent on gathering these though.

I did find some written information on the improvised armored cars of 1939, but without pics it's not worth to even think of building them. Unless we, well, maybe improvise :D

Well if you cant find reference then who can, id say take a look at your models and brainstorm how you would fieldmod them and do it that way.

As these were all different this should suit you.

Thanks Steve, that'll be probably the best thing to do. Even if there's only one blurry pic in existence it gives the general idea of the vehicle and seems to be in line with other home-made designs of the era (like this Spanish, 3 years older one).

Maybe you could watch the A-Team ... they always had good ideas for those kind of modifications. :D

Btw... i really like the models you are showing us here :)

Hey topas any news ...whats the status ? :o

Greetz stephsen

Hey stephsen, thanks for the interest.

Honestly, I have no idea. Have not spoken to Jaksa for several weeks now, so don't know if he's doing anything. Abs is now doing the Star Trek stuff. I'm not doing anything either. Frankly, I was into Assassin's Creed Revelations and L.A. Noire instead of ArmA lately. ;)

This weekend I'll be helping out with the Galileo shuttlecraft, and maybe start the Blockmuster for the SS (as it turned out in a very thorough research by Bielow that we'll be needing it even more than the already WIP Platanenmuster).

87ababa051f4e7c2.gif

Edited by topas
image added

Well, I'm not exclusively doing Star Trek stuff...I just needed a minor break from the 7TP. Once I finish off the Star Trek addons (which I started over a year ago) I'll be back. :)

Abs

I'm not quite ready to declare the hectic and busy time to be over yet, but as it seems Jaksa had some more free time on his hands than me lately:

bron1y.th.jpg bron2g.th.jpg bron3a.th.jpg

From what's been discussed so far this 1916 Berthier with a V.B grenade launcher is next on the list. I'll keep you posted once Jaksa makes progress.

Edited by topas

Weapons nice and good, but isn´t there anything to show about Maps or Statics??

If it comes with something like Chernarus Map style it will fail like ArmA itself does cause of bad statics.

No Kraetzer, we have had a talented modeller who produced buildings and static objects at a fast rate and in satisfying quality, chances were that we produce a nice and believable environment, rich with era- location-specific details... - but he just disappeared, only to show up months later to say that he lost his interest, now he's rather unwilling to become active again, whatever his reasons.

As none of the current team members has experience in this field, we need to wait until a similarly talented (and this time motivated enough) artist shows up among our ranks.

I did try to produce something in Sketchup, but as period correct my creations were - it was hardly a game-worthy material.

Some of the guys I addressed with the offer told us they'd reconsider once Arma III is out, some declined, others did not answer. Don't you happen to know anyone willing to help out?

Topas,

can you perhaps check out with the guys from FWW2, Finland At War, team? Perhaps even cooperating more with statics and maps as you did with some other objects? Time is the same, enemy is the same and we both like drinking ;-)

We're already cooperating quite extensively.

We just need to speed up things a bit here and there. Neither of us are eager to hand half-finished (or in my case half-ass) work to each others when there is huge chance that there will be additional work made on models/textures.

There has been quite a lot of interest on both sides in rather many models/textures.

Most notable both side benefit project has been T-28. Hopefully we see something equally as good soon.

Edited by Von Rundstedt

Hey stephsen, thanks for the interest.

Honestly, I have no idea. Have not spoken to Jaksa for several weeks now, so don't know if he's doing anything. Abs is now doing the Star Trek stuff. I'm not doing anything either. Frankly, I was into Assassin's Creed Revelations and L.A. Noire instead of ArmA lately. ;)

Same here Topas, just got L.A. Noire 2 days ago and love it.

Putting that aside good to see the mod is still going strong, keep it up can't wait to play with my 38(T) :D

Hey Abs and Topas,

I just wanted to say that I have not forgot about the wheels shots I promised, however, the author has disappeared and I am unable to get the screen grabs for you. No doubt you have already moved on. If he ever reappears with his deliverables, I'll shoot you some images for your consideration as an academic exercise.

Hey Abs and Topas...

No worries, mate. There's no rush since, as you said, it's an academic study. ;)

Abs

cha1b.th.jpgcha2g.th.jpgcha3h.th.jpgsu1i.th.jpg

Nothing fancy, just what I had time to do during the weekend. Chauchat M1915 and M31 Suomi SMG being textured.

very nice. I've never seen a magazine like that, I wonder how it detaches.

Looks like a mean beastie! :)

Abs

Looks like a mean beastie! :)

It certainly looks original and (at least to me) a bit of steampunk (read: cool), but in fact it was a bad MG... In 1924, when the Polish Army was about to purchase it the majority of the staff opposed because of it's unsatisfying characteristics. The deal has been done nonetheless, as the future military cooperation (incl. financial support) has been clearly stated by France as highly dependant of the purchase.

Few years later the RKM wz.28 (a splendid Browning design / BAR) and CKM wz.30 (unlicensed, modified copy of M1917 Browning) became standard in the army. The, by the time obsolete, Chauchats had been sold to whoever wanted them (Spain, Greece, Mexico)

In 1939 it was already a rare sight in the Polish Army - National Defense Batallions and Coastal Defense used it in an undetermined, small number.

But still, it does look cool :D

@Fox; no idea man, never seen it happen

very nice. I've never seen a magazine like that' date=' I wonder how it detaches.[/quote']

Here's R. Lee Ermey demonstrating it firing and a digital animation, but no reload function unfortunately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQEN1335vd8

Go to minute 3:58 and watch from there for about two minutes. Hope this helps in some way.