Sign in to follow this  
topas

September 1939 Mod

Thx for the tips. We'll look into it. If not, we;ll cover the imperfections discovered with thick mud :whistle:

I really like your Mod :bounce3:

Only want to halp make it looking better then it looks allready.

hint.th.png

Thanks for the tips and feedback. You're a sweet guy. Srsly.

We will get right on those glows. ;)

Abs

You know that I was only joking ;)

haha, looked at the pic now; a serious analysis, will look into all those issues, for sure :)

Vielen dank ;)

Edited by topas

Can we haz in-game gameplay video with the tanks plz? :)

Mostly1st person recorded (which is how it should be played, always).

Hmm... I believe that would be one 'no' for Atkins, and one for Kraetzer, sorry....

But I have some photos from yesterday's reenactment if you'd like.

CAVALRY CHARGE REENACTMENT 10.09.2011 Enjoy ;)

Battle of Wólka Węglowa (Polish: Bitwa pod Wólką Węglową) refers to the battle on September 19, 1939, that took place near Wólka Węglowa (near Warsaw), during the last stages of the Polish counteroffensive (battle of the Bzura) of the Invasion of Poland.

It was a cavalry battle, as Polish Uhlan cavalry (14th Jazłowiec Uhlan Regiment of Podolian Cavalry Brigade and elements of the 9th Lesser Polish Uhlans Regiment) retreating towards Warsaw encountered German units. The commanding officer of the 14th Regiment, Col. Edward Godlewski gave orders to commence a cavalry charge. German infantry was taken by surprise, but machine guns and tanks hidden nearby opened fire on the cavalry. Eventually Polish units broke through towards Warsaw, as intended, but at the cost of heavy losses (105 killed, 100 wounded - about 20% of initial strength).

The battle was witnessed and described by Italian war correspondent Mario Appelius.

Great, i watched every pictures, they are really nice. Did you actually attend the reenactment ? Who are the guys in blue with German WW1 style helmets ?

The armored car was splendid, i wish there were more pictures of it.

Thanks. Yes I was there, quite an experience. The noise is terrible, you feel the heat from the explosions, and the most vivid memory of the day will be the charge itself. Dozens of horses galloping, the cavalrymen and their battlecries, earth trembling... really something worth seeing.

The dark blue guys are the Police. These WW1 helmets with an oversized eagle were worn also by the Border Guards.

Which armored car do you mean? The Polish Wz.34 replica, or the German Kfz.13?

Edited by topas

Thanks

The dark blue guys are the Police. These WW1 helmets with an oversized eagle were worn also by the Border Guards.

Which armored car do you mean? The Polish Wz.34 replica, or the German Kfz.13?

The polish one :)

Ok, will upload some more pics of it

edit: here it is.

Replicas

From yesterdays event, and from some last year ones I was attending. You'll note there's a second replica there, and that it differes a bit (was built on a different chassis...). They're not entirely true to the original, but it's a good thing people are building these ;)

Edited by topas

Ok, will upload some more pics of it

edit: here it is.

Replicas

From yesterdays event, and from some last year ones I was attending. You'll note there's a second replica there, and that it differes a bit (was built on a different chassis...). They're not entirely true to the original, but it's a good thing people are building these ;)

Thanks a lot, i love looking inside those old fashioned war vehicles :)

Nice reconstruction, where was it?

Åomianki, just outside Warsaw, north of the actual 1939 place where the charge happened.

Daemns. Well, perhaps you'll rls some videos in the future perhaps :)

And put them in moddb which will announce me about it. I am tracking you!

For anyone interested, look what I've found:

http://hgis.cartoninjas.net/

It's a web service with old Polish WIG (Military Institute of Geography) ovelayed on modern scanned raster and vector maps and ortophotos. It's in the WGS84 datum, so it could be relatively easily overlayed on eg. SRTM DEM files for elevation model. It could be useful for the mod, I think.

Thanks, that's a quite handy tool there

Just as you said, if not for the mod than for personal use ;)

PS: Sorry, my inbox was full....

@Atkins

Sorry man, we just didn't get anywhere nearer to a vid- worthy material since your last request (tank interiors and such...it's still as it was a month, 6 months and a year before)

PS: Sorry, my inbox was full....

And I was wondering why the message didn't show up in my 'sent items' folder ;)

72 years ago, September 17th 1939, without a formal declaration of war Soviet Union invaded Poland...

We were completely disoriented, we had no idea about a German-Soviet pact. We did not know if the Soviets army were coming to join us in our fight against the Germans or if this was a new attack - not until Soviet planes started to drop bombs on us[...]

Thanks to a generous contribution of the talented modelmaker FW200, we will be able to recreate the border fights and the defense of the eastern regions - now, also in the air-air/ground-air context.

wws1.th.jpg wws2.th.jpg wws3i.th.jpg

Thanks, FW200, for bringing us yet more closer to the finish line

Stay tuned for news as we progress further

Edited by topas

Yes, FW200 made really a great job with those. It's him alone who takes all the apropriate credit here. Now it's up to us to bring these into game and up to the A2 standards.

Apart from the above shown we have also received a few other Soviet planes. Although they're fitting the 1939 theme they were not used against Poland. But who knows, maybe we will incude them too - they're nice models and interesting designs after all.

for example Beriev MBR-2 floating plane

Edited by topas

Hi. I haven't been here for a while. Many new models and contributions I see, all looking great. Keep up the good work boys :)

Topas if you can add that new planes from FW200 i love that little fighter Polikarpov I-16 :D so what that they were not used against Poland those are nice models add them as a bonus ;)

The 3 screenshots show models of planes used in the campaign by the Soviets and they will be included for sure. I meant additional models, not shown, and not used in Poland, although era-fitting

...This is one of these models, a Beriev floating plane

Edited by topas