Sign in to follow this  
topas

September 1939 Mod

This is actually very easy to do and barely time consuming. Once you know what looks you want to achieve - it's just a couple of mouse clicks.

(off course I still need to produced damage textures, which will takew some time for sure)...

Heh yeah, its just the time factor available due to everything else on my plate, hopefully one day though!

One thing though, with destroyable wheels, where you can shoot them and pop off a tire (which I spent a good few days implementing across our vehicles), how do you handle them on the damage model? From the pictures it seems the wheels are still intact, do the damage models just have the same proxy setup so if the wheel itself is damaged they'll show the rim instead?

Or did I get really mixed up and are these just static damaged models for decoration rather than replacement models for when a vehicle is destoryed? Just curious...

Oh, we do not have such fancy features implemented (yet?), so these models will (when I have enough time to paint a damage texture for each) just replace the actual models.. eventually they'll be scattered all across the map as static scenery objects, reminding of the scale of the defeat suffered.

It's on our list. I'm currently negotiating a deal that hopefully results in some nice Luftwaffe additions (and not only) to the mod. If this goes well the certain plane will be taken care of and added to the game along with the others in one batch :)

So, yes, we surely have had a look at it and were very pleased with what we're seeing :)

Thank you

Haven't had much time to work on it lately, but thankfully insomnia struck once again so I had a couple of hours to add a few more details.

render03b.jpg

...and a shot of the sexy backside.

render03b.jpg

Abs

very nice Abs and topas! Great work on those wrecks as well.

Abs - any chance you would put some wireframes besides the clay renders? Some of us have a desire to see topology in other ppl work :)

I concur, looks top-notch! and yeah, why not let us see the magic behind it ;)

PS: what are those round thingies there grouped at the front, horns?

Here you go, PuFu. It was easier to post it as an album. http://imageshack.us/g/571/frontfn.png/

Topas, I am assuming that they're tow mounts. I have no clue, though. :)

Abs

Edited by Abs
Added wireframe album.

Oh, I wrote 'at the front'... sorry, well, nvm, I meant those just below the guns, between the front hatches. ;)

I'm not 100% sure about those either...Based on this picture:

adgzhaugh8.th.jpg

...they kinda look like speakers? Again, I'm not sure though.

Abs

Makes sense. I've read somewhere that they were used for recon purposes as well, but yea, they were police vehicles before that.

Abs

Thats a cool vehicle, looks ahead of it's time for some reason if you ask me.

Nice modelling Abs, and also love how this mod is shaping up.

also love how this mod is shaping up.

If you do, now imagine how I feel about it :D

Thanks everyone for comments and support; never thought that something as niche and narrow-focused would attract attention. Love you all :cool:

cheers abs: now i was wondering if i am the only idiot that models the shapes as 1 single continuous mesh - including things like hinges, turrets and alike (i guess i am used to it because of HP baking)

No worries, PuFu. I used to use a lot more floating geometry in my models, but lately I've been modelling larger pieces as a single mesh if I can. The parts that are floating are usually flush against the surface that they're touching; meaning that I try not to make them penetrate, because it messes up the lighting maps that I bake.

I don't see how you'd model a moving part as a single mesh though. If the turret is attached, how would you animate it?

Abs

No worries, PuFu. I used to use a lot more floating geometry in my models, but lately I've been modelling larger pieces as a single mesh if I can. The parts that are floating are usually flush against the surface that they're touching; meaning that I try not to make them penetrate, because it messes up the lighting maps that I bake.

yes, that is the main reason i prefer connecting/cutting all the pieces that i'll keep in the LP mesh, rather than have them as separate object/subobject.

I don't see how you'd model a moving part as a single mesh though. If the turret is attached, how would you animate it?

LOL. Obviously, the parts that will move (guns, wheels, etc) are separate :P

LOL. Obviously, the parts that will move (guns, wheels, etc) are separate :P

:) Just making sure I wasn't missing something...I mean, I have no formal training whatsoever, so what do I know? ;) Sometimes when I hear you guys talking in the WIP thread, I feel lost.

Abs

Thanks for the warm welcome, Topas. It's a pleasure working with you, and really fun exploring a time long gone while bringing it back to life. Also, thanks goes out to the supporters of September 1939. Knowing that you like what you see makes us work that much harder to bring you a quality product. :)

Abs

Very good news for September 39 mod, Abs tanks models are very good i cant wait too see them on my hdd with whole mod :)

I'm currently negotiating a deal that hopefully results in some nice Luftwaffe additions (and not only) to the mod.

Due to successful negotiations, as of today we may officially add the following aircraft to our WIP list:

- Junkers 87A1 (Luftwaffe)

- Junkers 87B1 (LUftwaffe)

- Junkers 52 (Luftwaffe & Polish airlines PLL LOT)

- Lockheed Electra (PLL LOT)

Time will tell if a DC-2 will join the above. Keep fingers crossed ;)

Today I have the pleasure to present the family of German armored vehicles SDKFZ 221, 222 & 223, newly modeled by Jaksa.

SMALL GALLERY

Stoewer R180 Spezial le.gl.Einheits-Pkw Kfz.1, SDKFZ 232/8 and a BMW motorcycle with sidecar (original author: Waxbutter) are also visible.

(as it's an ongoing WIP, please forgive some minor shadow issues there)