Sign in to follow this  
topas

September 1939 Mod

Nice job! I wanna kill some nazis. :D

-----------------------------------------

In game of course ;)

still dont think that was an appropriate comment.

On topic, loving how you already have so many vehicles already.

Yeah maybe his comment was not the best.

On topic, i think for now you in this mod have large number of vehicles and how it goes with infantry polish, german, and russian soldiers. Sorry for asking maybe you have summer break :) and have break with working on this mod.

This mod is all about recreating the technological and military aspect of the conflict, not about serving one or another view on the ideology (whether Polish, German or Soviet) or politics. Please do not confuse these things. Moreover, we do not endorse comments that base on one's will to kill a specific group of people (even if the Nazis were originally meant). Please keep this in mind for the future. Thanks ;)

As noticed, the motor-pool is quite large. The reason for this is that most of the vehicles are quite rare and exotic (comparing to what's being offered in other WW2 mods and games), so we aim at bringing a somewhat different and (hopefully) fresh look at WW2.

It's also a bit of a personal and nostalgic thing. Our Polish museums are full of late war / post war vehicles and weapons (mainly of Soviet origin)... You won't find many original pieces and much physical evidence of September 1939 in good condition. All was either destroyed during this campaign, or captured, and destroyed later in the war when serving with other armies. So it's actually a try to recreate our own history, making this mod a virtual museum of what's irretrievably lost years ago. ;)

Oh, and yes tom3kb, we do turn our attention to the infantry now. A generous member of this community is trying to fix some important model issues for us - we can't proceed further unless the clipping and other minor things are taken care of. Once it's done we'll be able to carry on.

PS:@dembol754

Nice picture of PZL P23B in your signature there. But there also is a VW Typ 82 there, am I seeing right? A bit disappointing to see Mr.Wrobel having made such a grave mistake in his painting... no chance for this VW in '39 Poland, sorry :D

Edited by topas

...a bit of a personal...

A bit personal? I've never seen anyone as focused and as passionate on getting the details correct as you have! :D This just means that the mod is going to be absolutely fantastic when released, and not some sloppy, quickly thrown together POS.

I, for one, can't wait to see the finalized version, and am glad that I can contribute. :)

Abs

When i install the mod, i run the game and I put on the map 7tp and i destroy Chernarus xD, later i do Battle on the Bzura river. :)

So it's actually a try to recreate our own history, making this mod a virtual museum of what's irretrievably lost years ago. ;)

It occurred to me that it would be great for the finished mod to be put into some sort of exhibition use in the future. Maybe in Muzeum Wojska Polskiego or Muzeum Polskiej Techniki Wojskowej (when they reopen their main building). Or both, actually :)

Please consider this, as your mod models allready seem to be of museum quality :D

I'm waiting on Topas for an answer on the current project I'm working on, so instead of sitting idle I decided to pick something else from the list and got started a couple of hours ago.

nicetrynofilenamehere.jpg

Abs

Hahah! Yes sir! icon_salute3.gif

I didn't expect anyone to guess it so quickly. :)

I'll post some more pictures tomorrow.

Abs

[EDIT: ...and by tomorrow I meant I can't sleep so I ended up working on it some more.]

render02s.jpg

Edited by Abs
Added picture

huge-not-worthy.gif

As I'm originally from Gdańsk (Danzig) this is a VERY welcomed sight! Unendless thanks kind Sir!

hello i can't wait for this mod :D (kiedy wydacie ?)

but i have a question on what sides(east west? ) you put the germans and Soviet forces ?

I Thing that you have to put german on East and Soviet in Resistance, because then fight betwen German and Soviet will be possible ;)

Hmm.. to be completely honest we thought of nothing else but dumping both (Germans+Soviets) into the East side... that'd be entirely correct in the timeframe depicted...

If players would like to test the vehicles and units in an Ally vs. Ally (historically speaking) scenario, then, why not? We can include a 2nd config file that will define the factions as you describe.

And as to the release...

I dunno... this may take a bit longer than expected, as this evening I made most of our Polish models Kaputt :o

Here just two examples....

http://imageshack.us/f/683/wrak6211.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/546/wrak508.jpg/

(on a serious note; this gives an insight into the custom wreckage I'm currently working on)

Edited by topas

Loving the destoryed models there Topas, makes me wish I had some time to take a hammer... and maybe a few bombs to our vehicles, maybe one day soon heh! Great work!

Yes i think that 2nd config with russians as resistance its good idea. Or maybe make all in 1 config: german,russians as east, polish soldiers as west, and maybe russians as resistance but im not sure if thats good solutions. Maybe 2nd config is better.

I agree with tom3kb 2 configs is good idea :)

But if we have two configs and someone will make missions/campaigns where russians are on resistance and they fight with germans on east (i know this is scifi its mod about september 39) and another player have main config with russians/germans on east hi will cant play. So im now thinking that the best solution is 1 config with rus/ger on east or with maybe russian added to east and resistance.

Why dont put Russian on the west side in WW2 scenario? They never fighted against british or american during that period. The common enemy is Nazi Germany, even in the very early stage in 1939. Suggest to put polish in the resistance side and german on the east side. That's all.

Why dont put Russian on the west side in WW2 scenario? They never fighted against british or american during that period. The common enemy is Nazi Germany, even in the very early stage in 1939. Suggest to put polish in the resistance side and german on the east side. That's all.

Lol. Because Nazis and Soviets behaved as allies in 1939.

Everybody at that time believes Soviets and Nazis would break out a war finally even if they concluded such a peace treat in 1939. And also dont see any reason why couldn't put russian on the west side in game.

Edited by FKPLACE

Ok people, this is getting out of hand as I see....

I don't know what everybody believed at that time, but we're depicting facts, not beliefes or what-if scenarios. The official release will have both Germans and Soviets defined as East. Having stated this - it's official and stands. End of discussion.

:p

ok put it in the east ,i will change this in cfg for my self :)

a men a word...:D

word and destruction!

Have made several new wrecks today ;) Here some pics.

In the evening I'll take care of the armored cars and tanks.

@PacUK

This is actually very easy to do and barely time consuming. Once you know what looks you want to achieve - it's just a couple of mouse clicks.

(off course I still need to produced damage textures, which will takew some time for sure)...

Hell Dude...:notworthy: that looks fantastic , what else I would not expect at these talented mod-team "slime slime" :D