Sign in to follow this  
topas

September 1939 Mod

Very nice and promising Mod! As per those screens, the quality seems very good.

Thank you for the positive replies;

I shall only mention (it's not a feature to be presented on screens yet) that each of the so far made armored vehicles has an interior modelled. What you can see on the screens though -> all of the cars have openable doors and random license plate numbering:)

Edited by topas

Hi, those textures look really good, sad that the mod be only for the OA/CO. Let's C ya

I'm glad, that not only western 44-st year are present in modders works.39-42 years - my favorite period of WW2, great thanks for your work.

Besides, if you planning the РККРunits, your mod can be used for missions about invasion in USSR, like in Liberation mod in OFP. I can't waiting.:)

Hi, those textures look really good, sad that the mod be only for the OA/CO. Let's C ya

I don't recall mentioning this. It's aeuropean theater and no dependencies on any Takistani stuff is needed here (or any of the hi-tech features of OA, no thermal imaging, no flir etc.).

Maybe if there are some objects from OA adapted for the villages (like, I don't know, market stools or grain sacks), such dependencies will appear.

I don't recall mentioning this. It's aeuropean theater and no dependencies on any Takistani stuff is needed here (or any of the hi-tech features of OA, no thermal imaging, no flir etc.).

Maybe if there are some objects from OA adapted for the villages (like, I don't know, market stools or grain sacks), such dependencies will appear.

Backpacks would be nice too! :)

Backpacks would be nice too! :)

Damn, you got me there. Nothing in my defense here... So it seems it will be an OA/CO mod. Well, anyway - I have no idea about scripts or whatever, but a clean A2 version without these feature is possible, isn't it?

Outstanding work. My eyes rest here and then they blaze open again when ever I take a close look on the pictures :thumbs-up:

Any intentions to include cavalry in the mod?

Thx for kind words from a fellow modmaker :)

Cavalry is in our (so far distant)plans; we're certainly looking into and exploring our options there. I am in contact with danosbeano, the author of db_horse for arma 2; we'll see if he'll be able to make use of some of the very helpful tips given by ProfTournesol.

Our recent 'addition' is Smookie - an animator. So far we can count on custom static anims for our weapons/vehicles from him; but he's in the process of learning movement animations as well; so maybe one day we'll teach some horses to walk :)

Eventually; if we don't succeed; a worst case scenario would be to include at least some 'cavalry men on foot' :P to present the looks and weaponry of the units.

PS: registered on FWW2forums, yet cannot view any posts :(

Edited by topas

a8a7eabbfb67152dm.jpg006593aed5b7421fm.jpg49c47481f9ccb8dbm.jpg

Some proof that we're working on something besides the Polish Army too ;)

(early WIP, subject to future changes and additions, for sure!)

Some proof that we're working on something besides the Polish Army too ;)

(early WIP, subject to future changes and additions, for sure!)

Lovely! :inlove:

You're a master in art and modelling without question.

Thank you

I'm responsbible for the textures only (with PzIII even only partially) and making the PR

Our modellers, thanks to whom I can use my texturing skillks are:

Marekmodel

Jaksa

Sejtan

1st post edited

Edited by topas

Punzerwuffe tanks looks great,:)

Exuse me for some offtop, and if I missed information about it in topic, just i want to know some more about cavalry. The brother of my grandfather serve in Red cavalry, and he told me about tactics. He told me, that their even never use close combat, they fight like common infantry , just using the horses like transport. He said me, that they was "Proto-Motorizeided Infantry". And , IMHO, the story about " polish cavalry with pikes on tanks" just myth. Besides, he told me, that they dismount before battle, and spetial man hided horses, and they using horses for transpoting AT guns, like 45-mm, and i think ( just repeat - IMHO) the behavior of Polish cavalry was the same.

So,now back to mod. I think, that i'm will be very glad, if you will make cavalry, but i think, that making the horse like transport for one person in Arma 2 with very-very light armor - it's enough, the making melee combat - it's spare. If you want to make it, of course, only your wish on it :)

Excuse me for my bad English

Hi THX

The cavalry fought exactly as you describe it;

There were charges, of course - if a cavalry unit was to break through the lines, or break out of the encirclement. Only infantry was attacked though; the 'pikes on tank' is a myth to be put on a shelve with teh Yeti and LochNess monsters...

Horses were used for fast movement, towing AT guns, transporting HMGs. In regualr combat the cavalry men fought like normal infantrymen. For battling enemy tanks cavalry used AT-rifles and AT field cannons.

See this vid; especially after the 6th minute; as it recreates a cavalry brigade attack

yAly_UY4EGE

a 1950's reenactment of a charge on a column ("Lotna" by Andrzej Wajda)

lZS1U2-6dDM

and a short clip from one of my favorite movies, Hubal:

emA5iQB8vDU

If you should get your hand on this movie somewhere; I can only recommend.

It's about a cavalry unit who refused to accept the september defeat and fought on/and recruited even more soldiers with time (it grew to 300 from 50); until spring 1940, when an allied relief was expected...Commanded by Henryk Dobrzański

Many believe that the myth started to spread with this 1940 nazi propaganda movie, Kampfgeschwader Luetzow:

z8kmKrKUNP8

Edited by topas

Looking amazing Topas...just as good as your Screenies on .info :) Hope it all goes well for you guys.

Regards Jeza

Hi, if i were the texturer i'll feel very proud of myself; those textures look great. Let's C ya

Hudreds of thousend of men didn't live to see the October on both sides. (189000 killed or wounded on the german side, similar number on the polish, with 7000 fallen fighting the RKKA).

Are you talking about the campaign in Poland here? If so, the numbers seems very wrong. Germany had less than 50000 dead and wounded, Poland around 200000. (Numbers from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Poland)

Anyway, the mod looks great, looking forward to seeing more. I agree that this is an interresting period of the war has been used too infrequently in games before.

Also, there was at least one mounted cavalry charge during the campaign, not against tanks of course, but against unprepared infantry that was taken by surprise:

http://www.polishnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=404%3Alast-great-charge-of-the-polish-cavalry&catid=93%3Ahistoriapolish-history&Itemid=329&showall=1

Edited by Johan S

FPDR

Wikipedia is the least accurate source for information in the world man. :D A 5 year old could rewrite the crusades to include lasers and aliens if they wanted.

Sure, but there are also thousands of people who will correct any wrong entries immediately, so Wikipedia is actually quite reliable. For instance, when compared against Encyclopedia Britannica in a study, Wikipedia had fewer errors per page than EB did.

Yeah, thanks for the infos, I'm not all knowing too, so if there's anything you guys know better feel free to mention and discuss.

the numbers seems very wrong

Yes, you're right. I'm not claiming these are correct; I cannot tell you right now from where I did take those. Need to find the source;

So far I can quote numbers found on a history forum;

16343 killed,

320 missing,

27280 wounded

Forums are not good for this either though, a german site writes about around 10000 killed (what seems to be true for the half of the month; Hitler mentioned such numbers in his Danzig speech)

Do you know of any good sources for reliable information? Books of reputable authors, original reports maybe?

Also, there was at least one mounted cavalry charge during the campaign,

Yes, you're right again, and I did not say there was no charges at all ;) I admited that it came to charges.

Again, need source:

"According to Heinz Guderian's memoirs, the Polish cavalry charge impressed the Germans and caused a widespread panic among the soldiers and the staff of German 20th Motorised Infantry Division, which delayed their offensive and forced them to consider a tactical retreat. This was however prevented by personal intervention of Gen. Guderian"

Do you know of any good sources for reliable information? Books of reputable authors, original reports maybe?

I will take a look later tonight when I get home. I have some books that I can check to see if I can find some original sources.

Yes, you're right again, and I did not say there was no charges at all ;) I admited that it came to charges.

Oh, I didn't post that link in response to someone saying that there were no charges at all. If that is how it seemed, I apologize. I just thought it was an interresting account of a mounted charge by Polish cavalry.