Sign in to follow this  
snake10988

Dogs of war usmc forces missing

After I captured chernogorsk the radio message from the usmc doesnt happen, and the usmc forces never arrive to help so I also miss out the the location of lopotev. Anyone experience this? I would prefere not to restart the mission, seeing how Im 5 hours into it.

After I captured chernogorsk the radio message from the usmc doesnt happen, and the usmc forces never arrive to help so I also miss out the the location of lopotev. Anyone experience this? I would prefere not to restart the mission, seeing how Im 5 hours into it.

What game are you playing: ArmA II or Operation Arrowhead?

What version number?

Die you restart mission or did you resume from safegame?

I have Arma 2 stand alone. I also have OA but its stand alone too, both are steam versions. Arma 2 version 1.08.74450 I think its the lastest version. I had to re-load a couple of times due to being killed. Will that screw with the scripts?

I have Arma 2 stand alone. I also have OA but its stand alone too, both are steam versions. Arma 2 version 1.08.74450 I think its the lastest version. I had to re-load a couple of times due to being killed. Will that screw with the scripts?
Its always a bit delicate with resuming from non autosafes...If you want the mision to end the right way You have to play it again I think...or use the endmission command [shift]+[-] ENDMISSION.

darn, ok ill only revert to autosaves if I have to. I think next time I will take chernogorsk first also, instead of halfway through.

I do not recommend endmission cheat. There are better things to handle this.

If you really have both Arma 2 and OA standalones, why not install them together to same folder to create Arma 2 Combined Operationans install where you can play Arma 2 content like Harvest Red campaign Dogs of War mission by launching the game from Arma 2 Combined Operations shortcut (ofcourse you may need to restart since your savegame history is not compatible with that, but you might be able to copy your campaig progress (unlocked missions) by copying campaign.sqc file located in your subfolders at My Documents (XP) or in Users (Vista/7) folder.

I'm pretty sure 1.08 has still more bugs that affect whole Harvest Red campaign. So playing Dogs Of War with patch 1.57 (or with 1.58 that looks like to be released soon) is highly recommended by me.

I just completed Dogs Of War with 1.57.77819 beta patch and did not run into any gamestopping bugs. The first thing I did in that mission was to build 2 tanks and drive to Chernogorsk. After "Capture Chernogorsk" they soon told in radio about Skalisky island where Loptev is. If CDF and NAPA are not allied in your game or even if they are, make sure the other faction will not capture Chernogorsk before your faction or it might not to trigger for you even though you re-capture it from them. But if it is never triggered you will get same information by completing objective "Transfer important POW" that is given to you when you capture town in the middle of the map (Vyshnoye if I remember correctly). I did them both so radiomessage told me same information twice about Skalisky island and Lopotev.

I used one manual save and a lot of suspend saves saves and not only Automatic saves and it didn't mess the scripts. If you want to be sure you can add -showscripterrors to your game shortcuts Target line, I use it all the time.

Savegame fuction works better with 1.57 than 1.08. I noticed some significant improvement in using savegames somewhere after 1.54.

Edited by Hanzu

Also keep in mind that you need enough evidence AND have eliminated Prizrak to convince the USMC to come back.

Also keep in mind that you need enough evidence AND have eliminated Prizrak to convince the USMC to come back.

Yes I forgot that important point - was just too obvious to my gamestyle where I want to collect everything and complete every secondary objective there is. :)

Remember evidence collecting starts already in the first action mission of the campaign called Into the Storm. After that missions that have evidence sources are Razor Two, Manhattan, Bitter Chill and Badlands. So to get enough evidence you need to restart at least from the start of Badlands (and eliminate Prizrak too) or to make sure to get them all you need to restart all the way from Into the Storm. Also note that not all of the evidence are required for best ending. I missed 2 of the evidence in Razor Two (Bardak and Map) mission but I got everything else and still had the best known ending called War That Never Was.

Correct me if you are sure I am wrong but evidence and the choices you make in the game are one good reason to not to use endmission cheats. Using endmission does not mean that you will automatically have all objectives completed and all evidence in that mission collected - not at all. It will just end mission with the current situation and it does not care if you will run into problems after that by taking a shortcut in the game. So if this is true ironically endmission cheat which was added as a workaround for gamestopper bugs and/or tired players, could create even more anomalities in the game after it is used.

Edited by Hanzu