Sign in to follow this  
tupolov

WIP: Qom Province

to mission makers -

i am about to do one or two or who knows how many missions for this but i know others are working on some as well.

we dont want to have 10 missions in the same area and the rest of the map unused so can you give locations where you are building please so i can find some virgin territory.

my other thought was the campaign - do we know the path it will follow or are we just throwing a bunch of missions together based on allies attacking Iran?

thanx

Lighty.

Edited by Lightspeed_aust

Well I'm working on something in the north with the airstrip + Dry salt lake bed.

@Tupolov - Can you or someone remind me when the dang setting is (Year/Etc) So I can get it right on my missions. Don't wanna have the wrong info haha XD

Edited by SigintArmA

I have Benny's latest warfare ported over! Plays a treat. :cool:

But having a damn issue with changing the town names! Never had it on any other port but changing the names seems to break the mission! :confused:

@ ck-claw

From the late alpha/early beta version I had a look at, the whole town names/ citycenter/Alice thing was implemented correctly and working pretty much fine... my guess would have to be a change in the latest Bennys?? dunno what though... though, now I think about it, I ran into a "names" issue porting Domination to a different island once...

there was a town name in the format "Blah & Blah" - and Dom freaked out over the "&" I think... seemed to settle down when changed to "Blah and Blah", if you get what I mean... probably not much help there.... sorry...

@SigintArmA

One of the things that can be set by islandmakers is a default date/day/time + starting and forthcoming weather conditions - so that, unless the missionmaker specifically changes things, all missions will start in the "era" and with the chosen prevailing weather conditions...

So if Tup has that part setup to his chosen settings in your version then you're already sorted without having to change anything - unless you want to...

Finally... to all you guys busy making missions for this forthcoming terrain, can I just say... Well Done!!!

There's nothing worse than having an interesting new terrain and no real reason to go there except for sightseeing! Awesome islands can go largely unnoticed and unloved (aaaw! ;)) for lack of a few missions to welcome people into that world... so Kudos all round, you guys!!

B

Bushlurker,

The Beta has progressed since you saw the Alpha. I've fixed around 70-80 "bugs/sloppy terrain/placement" now. We've got about 10 people beta testing and about another 10 or so who have said they would provide missions...

So things are going well! Absolutely agree, no point in having a map without a story and missions to play. I'm working on an MSO mission for the map, ck is doing his best with Warfare (I'll need to do a proper port though as there are hardcoded town names in that mission atm). There are other making missions too...

I'm still looking for someone to do a Domi port though! ;)

I'll be providing a release candidate to the Beta team in the next few days if you are interested...

Cheers,

Tup

Thanks for the advice Bushlurker, i get what your saying mate.

I too managed to port Dom to the FDF Podagorsk many moons ago with no probs although took ages with the sorting of co-ordinates! ;)

With this i have even re-named one town at a time ,preview -works good then save!

Rename next town and breaks-reload back one town and still fooked!

Got me stumped! :confused:

Assumed as such Bushlurker! Hi-ho and away to the mission! -Trips over Paracord and falls out of a C-130- To Iran I gooooo!

Towns names sorted!

All up and running-all thanks to Benny :cool:

Thought rather than spend many more hrs fooking about,just aswell ask the man himself!

Was something really simple, now just got loading screens to do! :D

All, just a very quick update to let you know what is going on.

I've slipped the date somewhat from end of March to now middle of April. Beta bug fixing is complete, but there's some additional things I have to tidy up and of course waiting for some of those missions to be completed ;)

I'm also keen to get the terrain compatible with MSO, get a port of Domi working (any volunteers?) and include a couple of SP missions.

This will be the last slip! I'll ship the latest build on or around April 13th with or without missions! There will be a 1.1 release at some point in May with some special presents...

Regards,

Tup

Good to here mate,i did start on a Domination port,then RL shit kicked in!

I'll see what i can do :cool:

Tup, I PMed you my missions. ^^ SP ones on that, so hopefully that can beef the SP ones you need up a tad :P

Awesome guys thanks! Will PM you both...

get a port of Domi working (any volunteers?)

Done! Link and pm sent! ;)

That's the plan! I suspect it won't be until evening time US eastern...

Final bug fixes going in now... :yay:

Ahh sweet mate! cant wait, the green zone looks amazing on this map, is it 20kmx20km?

Sorry 10x10 so slightly smaller than Takistan... with fewer towns/villages, more open spaces. The map is based on RL and not tuned for gaming, so it is what it is...

Pretty stoked for this. :)

Been very lucky to beta test this!

Ya won't be dissapointed! :cool: