Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Visitors for Arma2

hey guys. i've been working on the new alien model for a while now and i think it's time i share some screens with you.

there are still some problems with animations/deformation. some of them i will be able to fix and some not. the default arma skeleton and all the animations just aren't made for these kind of skinny characters but i'll do my best.

also i will be adding some more details like veins and more wrinkles to the texture. anyways...

00854e163011181.jpg

030d1d163011196.jpg

4c6532163011172.jpg

4010bc163011159.jpg

the eye material was made by HarryZhe (not sure about his forum name but u might remember a Harry showing some amazing modelling and texturing work some time ago...that's him:o)

Sure is beautiful and scary at the same time. Just the way we like it ;)

Reptilian class proved to be so hard to complete as there are so many RL photos that differ each time. So we decided to make Pupulons.

p.s - just kiddin', we're on track ;) I'm amazed at first WIP models, we'll show em when we are closer to release.

Oh my, reptilian style aliens! So looking forward to that. Machinima ideas are rolling around in my head. Going to do a couple vids using Eastern(Russian, etc) forces getting attacked/defending against attack.

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

hey guys. i've been working on the new alien model for a while now and i think it's time i share some screens with you.

there are still some problems with animations/deformation. some of them i will be able to fix and some not. the default arma skeleton and all the animations just aren't made for these kind of skinny characters but i'll do my best.

also i will be adding some more details like veins and more wrinkles to the texture. anyways...

00854e163011181.jpg

030d1d163011196.jpg

4c6532163011172.jpg

4010bc163011159.jpg

the eye material was made by HarryZhe (not sure about his forum name but u might remember a Harry showing some amazing modelling and texturing work some time ago...that's him:o)

Those things definately look menacing. What type of weaponry?

Dun quote images (just giving you a quick warning before a mod catches ya)

Very nice model and excellent normal map bake, the skin crease detail is wonderful :) can't wait to see what it looks like finished, have you considered them to have pores or will they be predominantly smooth skinned?

Edited by NodUnit

Dun quote images (just giving you a quick warning before a mod catches ya)

Very nice model and excellent normal map, the skin crease detail is wonderful :)

Thanks for the heads up. I was not aware that was a no-no.:o

Thanks for the heads up. I was not aware that was a no-no.:o

maybe check out the forum rules. ;)

I feel sad that the zetaborns have become extinct, but I guess that's the hard reality of alien life! These guys look very nice though!

Those things definately look menacing. What type of weaponry?

+1 on any info, please? I'd like to have a possiblity to emulate some sort of psychic powers. A custom animation of an outstreched hand would be required for it to look cool though. Or it could fire off between those cold, calculating eyes :cool: Maybe an invisible pistol that fires a particle effect lightning or something? If I really stretch my meager skillz, I might be able to do that... :o

Guess I'll go digging in the editing forum.

maybe check out the forum rules. ;)

Agreed, I should have known that.

Weaponry? Hmm... maybe make a few options to choose from. Era-Specific effects that would reflect the human imagination of a given period. If these aliens were to be used in a contemporary scenario we'd need them to have blasters/phasers/lasers that fire short rapid bursts to give us fast paced fire exchange. If one wished to use those for some classic sci-fi alien encounters they'd need to have some slower, lower accuracy death-rays (maybe energy circles emanating from the weapon, like in those B-movies of the 50's?)

Weapons will be similiar to the ones found in Isla Duala 1.95 Full with Zetaborn faction.

I got a promise from a guy that he would make a new rifle, but I guess he forgot. We'll see...

Edited by IceBreakr

thx for the kind words everyone! i'm open to suggestions for the looks of the weapons. i'm still thinking about which way to go style-wise.

have you considered them to have pores or will they be predominantly smooth skinned?

yeah i'm experimenting with fine details atm. i plan on making pores. still playing around though before i bake them into the normalmap. i hope i can come up with something looking less synthetic.

also people were talking about a reptilian version. i'm not sure if i wanna go for the full reptile head or reptile-like humanoid head. but i'm gonna finish this guy first. i made a new retopo that'll hopefully animate better.

Nice work lads! Anyone else thinking X-Com missions?

Edited by Denz

yeah sorry guys. i'm really busy right now. i have to finish some things for college first.

in general the reason for it taking long at all is the difficulties everyone is facing who tries to put a model into arma which isn't made of parts of already working arma models.

i could get the animation behaviour to an acceptable state though. after that i got a bit distracted by the holidays. i also revisited my predator model and plan to release it in an independent addon seperated from charon's work (since he disappeared). as a matter of fact i'll also rerelease my special forces guys with new head models and other fancy stuff. so yeah. i haven't just been lazy.

all that's left now is the hip area to be weighted. after that the alien is ready for a first release. i'll be reworking the textures after that and update it every once in a while.

the reptile will be a reskin for now. i'm not really inspired by the concept enough to make a whole new head.

expect atleast something to look at after next tuesday.

Hey man, take your time ^_^ Knowing people are alive and well is good enough info of knowing things are okay. Hope the distractions were more fun then annoying for ya since everyone knows how they can get crazy =D

ok fellas!

little update: i added some finer detail to the skin and started experimenting with colour schemes a lil bit. maybe i'll just make different versions so every mission maker can choose his favourite. right now i'm going with the light green skin and redish eyes.

i'm working on the body armor for a heavier version right now. still in the design phase though. but don't expect full body armor since i refuse to have to rig anything complicated for arma ever again;).

skindetail.th.jpg