Sign in to follow this  
Hatchet

Street lights

I'm creating a middle eastern town, I want the streets to be lit by fires from wrecked vehicles and things like that instead of the street lights. But, I don't know how to turn off or delete the street lights so that they do not turn on. Someone help me please.

First you have to figure out where the street lights are in the town your using, then place an object next to them like a barrel or chair.

In the init field of the placed object put this:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">nearestObject [this, "StreetLamp"] switchLight "OFF"<span id='postcolor'>

You may have to give the object a name for it to work but I don't think so. It can take a few seconds for it to kick in too.

just tried it, says unknown operator switch

Hmm...just copied and pasted my code sample into a test mission and it worked fine. Did you copy it right? We are talking about the built-in street lights found in some towns?

I can't get it to give that error message you said so I'm kinda in the dark (no pun intended) as to what caused it.

yea this is what I typed:

nearestObject[this, "StreetLamp"] switch "OFF"

GAH! Copy and paste! Copy and paste! switchLight! switchLight!

nearestObject [this, "StreetLamp"] switchLight "OFF"

Edit: Now that error msg makes sense, there is no switch operator... theres a switchLight operator however... (hint hint)

gah lol alright thanks lets see if it works.

I guess silence means it's working... smile.gif

The code sample I posted earlier should work when you put it in the init string of he object you place near the street light.