Sign in to follow this  
PeterEdlin

What the hell happend sunday 13-2-'11

Hello i am new to Arma 2 and was realy digging it. But the last few times i played multi player there was something strange going on. Someone used otherones names to join the game and then did all kind of things were against the rules. This went on and on and on without some one doing something about it.

It was unpossible to play a MP game normal for hours! Frustrating everyone.

Can somebody explain to me what happend and why this is possible?

I tryed multiple MP-games but on all the games there were strange playernames (Russian-like) or well known player names which were acting against the roles messing everything up.

All information is welcome

Welcome to the frustrating world of public gaming.

Best you personally caan do, look for servers that are well-managed or join a group who runs a closed server.

On the long run, i think looking for same-minded people to play with would be the best solution. There are just too many scumbags out there that think it's fun to ruin other peoples experience.

Thanks for the reply.

Maby the i need to meet some people who are more experienced ARMA 2 users and ask them if i can join there group. I am new to all this so its a little overwhelming, but i like ARMA 2 very much..

I am not the vastest player/learner around but i enjoy mp games verry much..

I realy dig the graphics and how nice the villages in chernarus are setup.

Well thanks for youre help and maby i will soon meet some people which run a decent server, and maby i can join.

Ok Concursi, i have a look ate The Naked Fanatics-forum. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Sorry for posting this here but dont know where else:

Concursi, i registered but dont get the activation email.

Normaly i always get it right a way when i register, i dont have any spam filters active.

Edited by PeterEdlin

Oh brah you edited your post, sorry. I didn't see it until now :(

If you go the login page and press the button that says "Resend activation e-mail", does anything happen?

if it's arma2 you want to play with other Dutchies have a look here:

tangodown.nl

Arma2 isn't so bad. I have only ever had to leave 1 server in 5 months. There was some idiot hack who was dropping 150 bombs at a time on friendlies and also had the ability to target friendly aircraft. He shot down my helicopter twice with 20 missiles fired at once!

Most people are OK and, luckily for you, Dutch players seem to be one of the more level headed and polite groups.

Ohhh you sneaky bastard, trying to steal my recruit :(

aah, the evils of having something to choose from:p

Turns out there was some kind of problem with registration emails, so they've been disabled. So if you're still looking, go ahead and try to rejoin :)

PeterEdlin, registration issues should be fixed now, a colleague of mine just took a look at it :)

Hope to see you on our forums soon, if you decide to pay us a visit! :)

As for these cheaters... well, we try to keep them off our server and so far we've been relatively lucky I think. Hopefully we'll be able to keep it that way!