Sign in to follow this  
commander1985

Buldozer crash with Arma2P setup and OA1.54.exe

Hey,

i now tried several setups to import new terrains. Different grid sizes , texture sizes etc. The Result is that the buldozer.exe crashes near the border or on load up depending on the settings i use.

After that i loaded a old map from me that i made with the old setup/.exe etc.

That one loaded fine and had no troubles when goin near the map border.

Next thing i tested was doin a new project where i imported all files from the working map (heightfield import , parameter setup satgrid ,texture size etc.).

Well the result was that it crashed too, with the completly same setup as the old map.

P: Drive should be okay. Kju was so nice to check it yesterday.

Any ideas?

hi got the same problem just done 90 hours on a map last week suddenly bulldozer has killed my machine so reinstalled vista reinstalled arma2 and OA and pmc baf .

Installed bi tools again then installed arma2p again and went to load my map and it crashes also tried the tut map it crashes on bulldozer just cant get it up even with fresh install got the rpt and minidump from bulldozer says listed twice in almost all of the report cant work it out how it can mess up when it crashed then not even a fresh install sorted it out at my witts end here

Yep got the same error in crashreport.

Example:

Item str_lib_info_yes listed twice

Item str_lib_info_unit_kilometers_per_hour listed twice

Item str_lib_info_unit_meters_per_second listed twice

Item str_lib_info_unit_liter listed twice

Item str_mpw_new_edit2 listed twice

Item str_msg_live_disconnected listed twice

Item str_msg_live_not_signed_in listed twice

also getting this at the bottom of rpt

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00916648

graphics: D3D9, Device: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series, Driver:aticfx32.dll 8.17.10.1063

resolution: 1200x900x32

Addons:

Mods: CA;Expansion

Distribution: 1486

Version 1.57.76815

Fault address: 00916648 01:00515648 p:\buldozer.exe

file:

world:

Prev. code bytes: 3B C1 0F 4F C1 8B 8E 38 02 00 00 0F AF C8 03 CA

Fault code bytes: F3 0F 10 04 CF 0F 2F C4 77 03 0F 28 E0 8B 8E 38

Registers:

EAX:FFFFFFFF EBX:00000048

ECX:FFFFFFFF EDX:FFFFFFFF

ESI:11721880 EDI:00000000

CS:EIP:0023:00916648

SS:ESP:002B:0182F7D0 EBP:000001F8

DS:002B ES:002B FS:0053 GS:002B

Flags:00010286

=======================================================

note: Minidump has been generated into the file C:\Users\ARMA2-maIN\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\buldozer.mdmp

======================================================

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00916648

graphics: D3D9, Device: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series, Driver:aticfx32.dll 8.17.10.1063

resolution: 1200x900x32

Addons:

Mods: CA;Expansion

Distribution: 1486

Version 1.57.76815

Fault address: 00916648 01:00515648 p:\buldozer.exe

file:

world:

Prev. code bytes: 3B C1 0F 4F C1 8B 8E 38 02 00 00 0F AF C8 03 CA

Fault code bytes: F3 0F 10 04 CF 0F 2F C4 77 03 0F 28 E0 8B 8E 38

Registers:

EAX:FFFFFFFF EBX:00000048

ECX:FFFFFFFF EDX:FFFFFFFF

ESI:11721880 EDI:00000000

CS:EIP:0023:00916648

SS:ESP:002B:0182F7D0 EBP:000001F8

DS:002B ES:002B FS:0053 GS:002B

Flags:00010286

=======================================================

note: Minidump has been generated into the file C:\Users\ARMA2-maIN\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\buldozer.mdmp

Commander also have the binpbo trouble that you had i think this is all related mate as there the same probs

hi commander i now can reuse my map and bulldozer what i had to do was change all info from the tut folder it was in that i had used from tutorial

i used my ofpec tag SMOKE\CAVES then changed the paths in the config to my new folder set up then after that i changed all rvmat files in data to (SMOKE_grass) example do for all mco paa nohq files in data and then it worked for me hope it helps you out dont know why it crashed or why i have to go this route to sort this dilemma now ill try the binpbo and let you know

I got one terrain working. I didnt worked when i had not imported the sat and mask_lco. After i did it was no Problem to go near the border and beyond. I guess it was another case of big problem and simple solution^^

I try out with a bigger map now :)

hey Commander1985 .. I just did that Arma2P it worked great! really ..

But .. lol now my bulldozer is crashing! :( its got 2 errors while starting up and then closes down, here are the errors:

Shaders not valid (mismatch of exe and data?)
No entry 'bin\config.cpp/CfgInGameUi/MPTTable.shadow'.

Grrrr... bloody errors! lol any ideas on how to fix it? thanks

Had the same trouble at first look here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=114519&page=2

Mhh, did not had the second error..

Btw. P.M. sended to you.

Ok, still didnt work .. im forgetting something, im sure there is some cpp files I need to manually put in the bin folder! something like that ..

that Arma2P deleted them all, so ive forgot! lol

Isnt there a tut on setting up buldozer/visitor3 for this? ive not done it in such a long time I cant remember. :eek:

Do you still have the same errors?

There should be an config.cpp in the bin folder already...

Still crashing :( im sure I need to copy something more into the P drive! ive got 9 files in my bin folder,

IM 100% sure I had MANY cpp files in there before! these errors are something linked to that .. but ive forgot! :mad:

Hmm, i have 9 files to in bin folder. One of them is the .cpp

I would asume the error is somewhere else (from my experience^^)

Maybe i found the answer:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1502524#post1502524

Nope.. Man, this has made me angry! lol .. ive been working great with it how it was until I needed flippin OA things .. lol Grrrrrrrrr

Bushlurker helped me last time on this, anyone know what these errors mean? lol

If your doing the arma2p way then all folders will go to \ca there will be bits that you dont need delete them.

keep what you need buildings etc if you do the tut xcopy thing this causes probs as it puts another ca folder in tut folder when you go to binbpo it will crash and have a massive log of errors bad p3d 48-49 thats what i found out and it will keep putting all ca p3d in the bin temp so messes with other maps as it puts all the p3ds into the the new map after i deleted the extra ca folder generated by the xcopy bat in my tut folder it worked again

in the bin folder as i have 2 temp_bin for binbpo and \bin in p drive i have 1 spboprefix and 1 cpp file all others are shaders and 1 xml stringable

9 files

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

All I can say is "fuck the Arma2P" ... sorry about my french! but im peed off! ive just spent

4 hours re-doing everything, and I did it all manually! I cant believe how much trouble it

caused! and YES you are sopposed to have 47 files in your bin folder! with most of them being cpp files! this is what was my problem before, and the ArmA2P naffed it up!

Ill just stick to my own intuition in future... its not ArmA2P's fault! but my own for trying it out, but my honest opinion is dont do it! its too much hassle involved! you would be better at just doing it the hard way.

My P:\bin folder only has 5 files...

pBin.jpg

It's supposed to be an unpacked version of - for example...

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma2\Expansion\Dta\bin.pbo

You'll also see a "core.pbo" and a "languagecore.pbo" in there...

Both of these should be unpacked too - and also be on your P:\ drive - like this...

P:\bin

P:\core

P:\languagecore

and you take the MATCHING Arma2OA.exe - copy it to your P:\ drive as well - and use it instead of buldozer...

At least - thats if you want to use the latest .exe for your viewer... this will give you additional keyboard controls for finer control over height editing within Visitor... but many people - recently, myself included - have found that, by using the latest version of arma2oa.exe - with matching folders as just described - loading times for projects in the viewer are dramatically increased...

If you're not bothered about using these controls or if the loading time is just too infuriating, you can revert to using standard buldozer - just replace the P:\bin and P:\core folders with original ones from a fresh install of Visitor (you did save an original copy, didn't you?) and use "buldozer.exe" as the viewer... no extra height keyboard controls, but back to fast loading times.....

*Other people have reported fixing the loading time issue with arma2oa.exe as viewer by using an older 1.54 version... I've tried a couple of different versions plus some latest betas with no success so far... if someone reading has arma2oa.exe working as buldozer with less than a 90 minute loading time could they kindly PM me sometime ;)...

B

B

Edited by Bushlurker

So that's the only benefit to using arma2oa.exe as buldozer? I can still make arma2oa (or combined ops) maps even though I am using the "stock" buldozer.exe?

Sorry, new to visitor... took me two days of reading forum posts and reinstalling *everything* at least twice before I got all the way through the tutorial without an error (loading TUT_SampleMap.bpo in Arma2 correctly). I want to start work on an original island asap as I have a couple of weeks to kill before my RL job sucks me back in again...

Should I just plan on mapping for arma2 and stay away from OA/CO for now?

if someone reading has arma2oa.exe working as buldozer with less than a 90 minute loading time could they kindly PM me sometime ;)...

90 minutes? you serious? ... wow!!!!

I have NEVER been on V3 and had over 2 minutes waiting for it to open! even with Nicosia (my map FULL of trees) I had to wait over 2 minutes ..

Anyways, Commander1985 had passed me a 1.54 version of OA.exe you can

ask him if he can give you.

Good luck on the ArmA2P it really does cause more trouble than good. :butbut:

90 minutes? you serious? ... wow!!!!

Absolutely... though with standard buldozer.exe it's just over 90 seconds!

Both work fine when loaded - but the loading time thing is wierd...

B

Ok... for everyone having long loadingtimes with the arma2oa.exe v1.57...

just tested i and works fine:

- backup your bin folder and your arma2oa.exe from your p:\drive

-Take patch 1.54

-extract Patch 1.54 exe with 7zip

-go into ARMA2OA_Patch_1_54 folder

-extract ARMA2OA_Patch_1_54.exe

-go into "ARMA2OA_Patch_1_54\ARMA2OA_Patch_1_54\.rsrc\0\RCDATA\ALL" folder

- there you find arma2oa.exe

- from there go into "\EXPANSION\DTA" folder

- there you find the bin.pbo

- dpbo it

- copy the bin folder and the arma2oa.exe to your p:\ drive

- remember that once you have a shader mismatch error you have to copy the bin folder to your p:\drive again because one file in that folder is corrupted from that moment on and it has to be replaced.

Ok.... this works for me and hopefully anybody else...:)

have fun

Hmm.. did Benton really just sort the loading times issue? :)

I've been one of the few without loading time issues, so I dare not attempt to replicate the process you defined at the moment. But I am very hopeful it sorts things. Would be nice to hear from others that have voiced having troubles.

(perhaps worth its own thread if found to be a working solution ;))