Sign in to follow this  
Coffeecat

doFire/doTarget how can i make it work?

What i want to do is simulating AA Fire from a ZU32 and artillery fire from a Chdkz Grad. I tried several things but nothing, only fire the weapon blind works.

1. I created a gamelogic in the height 100, called it "target_1". Then i placed a Zu32 Chdkz and called it AA_1.

What i tried:

AA_1 doFire target1;

AA_1 commandFire target1;

_handle =AA_1 fireAtTarget [target1];

i tried it via trigger and also in a sqf file which i called with null=execVM"script.sqf";

Nothing of the stuff works, what im doing wrong?:confused:

dotarget and dofire worked fine for me when it was man firing at other man awhile ago, current beta, and 1.57.

ofc you need to dotarget before dofire.

For the gamelogic to be target im not sure that works at all.

I think you can make gl do stuff to other stuff, but other stuff cannot do anything to gl since its not really there, a ghost.

Instead of using a gl as target try using a invicble H as its a object ingame and can be targeted.

I prefer this method.

DoTarget will only aim at real military type targets.

I use this but it takes a second or two to lock on.

AA_1  dowatch target1;

to fire the weapon ZU32 (4) seems to give the best result for this weapon

AA_1 action ["useWeapon",AA_1,AA_1 turretUnit [0],4];

The problem is what to use as a target.

Most people recommend the invisible heli pad as the target but in my tests this never works.

It will target it but only on when it's on the ground, they will however target a civil heli pad when positioned at height. The problem is it leaves the graphics on the ground.

As we don't have invisible targets the best I've found oddly enough is the Grass Cutter Small. This works quite well as you can setpos and attach it. As far as I can tell it doesn't affect the grass either at least at 20 meters high. I could be wrong about that but I haven't seen it yet.

Grass Cutter Small may not be available in ARMA2.

Edited by F2k Sel

i think ACE mod has invicible targets, also i remember there was an addon that added a bunch of different invicible targets to editor menu, not sure if it was arma1 or arma2.

but they had invicible man, armor, etc targets to use.

Yes it does, you can in fact just use the invisible targets without the full mod even though it throws up a warning. I don't use ACE myself and try to keep addons to a minimum.

Thanks! that allready helped me pretty much.

Im using Zu32 doWatch Target1, where Target one is a civipad in the height of 100. then im firing the weapon blind and it shoots in the direction, in this case in the air:)

but it would be cool if we had invisible targets added for vanilla or at least be able to fire at gamelogics! i also dont play with addons...

Thanks! that allready helped me pretty much.

Im using Zu32 doWatch Target1, where Target one is a civipad in the height of 100. then im firing the weapon blind and it shoots in the direction, in this case in the air:)

but it would be cool if we had invisible targets added for vanilla or at least be able to fire at gamelogics! i also dont play with addons...

At one time we could make any object including tanks or men invisible and the AI would still target it as if it could bee seen. BIS changed this function and now it no longer works as before.

I did manage to remove some textures from a vehicle which made it partially invisible but some items remained unchanged.

You could use a small item placed in the air such as the baseball which might if high enough go unnoticed, there's also the small sphere helper that I think can be targeted.