Sign in to follow this  
bensdale

ARMA 2: OA beta build 78188

Yes, i can confirm that. Empty vehicles and obstacles which are placed are not seen by AI drivers. I placed a wreck on the street and the UAZ was repeating to crash into it instead searching a way around it.

Let me correct that. If you put empty vehicles like a tank for instance AI will go around it. The same for empty choppers or empty cars for instance. AI ignores objects like concrete walls, barriers, wrecks, fences...

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

here it goes

http://www.mediafire.com/?hweyqjho3ob06y3

btw. Community Issue Tracker supports now login via OpenID (e.g. Google is provider of it too) so it's now easy to login and upload stuff there than e.g. mediafire (nothing against mediafire they just fine but CIT is simpler :)

make sure you get down while playing the repro otherwise AI will get off the road because it's alerted. If it does not see enemy AI will go straight into the obstacle

Still getting AI caught on the tail of a helicopter. They continue running but don't move anywhere! Can a little check be made to avoid this as it makes the AI look really dumb!

Still getting AI caught on the tail of a helicopter. They continue running but don't move anywhere! Can a little check be made to avoid this as it makes the AI look really dumb!

That's one I hate as well, I also got half a group stuck behind a fence and they just kept running left and right but couldn't find the opening which was only a few meters away.

That's one I hate as well, I also got half a group stuck behind a fence and they just kept running left and right but couldn't find the opening which was only a few meters away.

Collision detection bugs are horrible yeah. Arma 2 physics still need a lot of work and tuning. One thing i hate to see is grenades falling on the ground and then jumping like ping-pong balls.

The 78188 patch has vastly improved my game performance! Better view distances (less fog?) and no more lost LOD when you turn from side to side. The game seems to run much smoother and better frame rates too. It's starting to behave like a real world!

The changes made to the helicopter handling make them far more realistic to fly (you might need to practice landings as the sink rate is higher). Nice work BIS! If you have not tried this I would highly recommend it.

Intel Core 2 E7300

ATI HD 6850

2GB RAM

Edited by PELHAM

Ai gets stuck at tail rotor and they also run through walls. If you play vs. ai , that is really bad for the squad's chance to survive..

I have to ask again about the pp-effects with ambient occlusion. You introduced AtoC, thats a good thing even if i don't use AA because it kills my performance. But i really like PP-Effects. But on normal pp-setting,with ssao on low implemented, it's not the same like in vanilla arma 2 on high or very high...

A slider or cfg-value would be very nice.

I see only these two annoying bugs with this beta patch. My system info sig.

left side beta patch - right side without this beta patch

arma2oa201102180008378d.th.jpg

left side without beta patch - right side with this beta patch

arma2oa2011021800083781.th.jpg

Im getting a drag when i zoom in on weapons with this beta. Over all smooth !

one issue I'd like to mention is the 'jumpy' AI.

overall AI is very improved, but when calling danger I notice AI tend to go prone (that's good) but then immediately get up (bad cause enemy AI and incoming fire) move forward a meter and then drop down again. it's like they want to run to get exactly into formation and it only happens just after the danger call.

Solution: crawling or even crouching to move a little forward would be preferable and increase AI survivability while reducing the danger of them getting spotted.

also talking of prone, it would be really good for AI who use the LMG or MG to strongly prefer prone/crouched while firing to control recoil. I notice lots of fire going over AI heads, which reduces the effectiveness of heavy fire.

I see only these two annoying bugs with this beta patch. My system info sig.

Exactly the same bugs on my system: ATI 4870 (1GB), latest driver.

I just installed the game and tested the Lingor Island. It seems to me that the graphics arent sharp as before. I dont get the same wow feeling over the island.

Exactly the same bugs on my system: ATI 4870 (1GB), latest driver.

Hmm.. I can't seem to get rid of these bugs even when downgrading beta patches. :(

Hmm.. I can't seem to get rid of these bugs even when downgrading beta patches. :(
And since other with the same GPU and similar specs don't have it it might be something else on your end.

Overmodded game? Just a question because it happens often.

And since other with the same GPU and similar specs don't have it it might be something else on your end.

Overmodded game? Just a question because it happens often.

Tried without any mods... same thing. Looks like it has something to do with anti-aliasing.. when switched off the bug disappears.

arma2oa2011021914125245.th.jpg

Thats the new AToC feature intruduced while back in the betas. Make all folliage kind o blurry, but the IQ from trees and grass far away is much better.

Hey BI, if I may make a suggestion. Zeus AI is great, but can bug the game to hell and is annoying on dedicated servers, especially when new players have to join and de-pbo to change all the settings to match the servers. Although zeus has many features, the two main features that should be included in next beta patch are this:

1. Enemy will tend to group before attacking. This is more common with higher skilled units.

2. AI will split up (when in squads) (squad or section: 8man squad = 2 fireteams, 12man squad = 3fireteams, 9man section= assault group 4 men, gun group 3 men and scout group 2 men.) and will try to maintain base of fire by supressing the enemy while the other groups attack. Higher skilled AI will seek to flank the enemy whereas lower skilled AI will tend to attack front on.

The amount of changes, especially the recent ones, in the beta patches have been amazing, and with this change the game will become complete. With zeus AI playing with a team of ai against ai or groups of players and ai is just as interesting as PvP missions.

This is realistic and will make arma2 a better game. Thanks in advanced.

BushTucka (aka Tom1)