Sign in to follow this  
ryguy

Better loading screens

One unfortunate thing about Arma 2 and OA are they both only have one loading screen by default. In OA, it's the US army base with tanks and such. In Arma 2, it's the guy yelling with the osprey overhead. I recommend that in future improvements you make the screens more varied, for instance, they could have tips in front of the image such as Editor tips, battle tips, and interesting info about vehicles and guns. This has been done in some other games but first off arma 2 has WAY more variety to talk about, from ships, to "fictional info" (DYK about chernarus :P) to aircraft. Also it would simply be less boring to look at better screenshots of the game. Get some variety in there! :bounce3:

I prefer the original A2 loading screen over the picture of a US base in the desert. It's as if Takistan has stolen the show and is the only relevant environment in the game.

changing loading screens, with general battle and editor tips would make the game feel much more... "game"y. :p If you know what I mean.

Also, a proper intro before menu would be nice

Yea arma OA already got halfway there with the mainstream user-friendly look with the tutorials. This would complete it.

I prefer the original A2 loading screen over the picture of a US base in the desert. It's as if Takistan has stolen the show and is the only relevant environment in the game.

+1

Any tips how I can add new loading screens if my addon is "active"?

Also, a proper intro before menu would be nice

plz no 5 minutes of that loud and flashy "buy my product naow!" shit in ArmA. The way it is, ArmA´s un"game"y start procedure only benefits modders who are forced to quit/restart their game in a ridiculous manner frequently (hint @ ingame binarize / ingame script editor / etc.). In the end, it´s going to be no-intro´ed anyhow.

-nosplash all the way.

+1

Any tips how I can add new loading screens if my addon is "active"?

class CfgPatches {
class my_loading_screen {
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 1.570000;
	requiredAddons[] = {"CAUI","CAMisc"};
};
};

/*extern*/ class RscDisplayLoading;
/*extern*/ class RscPictureKeepAspect;
class my_RscDisplayLoading : RscDisplayLoading {
class Variants {