Sign in to follow this  
Mr.P

Fade problem

I have a legitimate FADE problem......its not graphical or anything terribly buggy, but I'm getting the "Original games don't FADE" and my accuracy is just horrid. For instance, I was 30 meters away from someone with a MP5, they weren't moving, and I opened up on full auto and didn't hit them with an entire clip.......ONCE. Mortars and grenade launchers are a crap shoot too, they literally go flying off in random directions when fired. This didn't happen at first. I tried a reinstall, and its still there, so I'm assuming OFP leaves something in the registry or whatnot that needs to be removed. I think it may be due to the fact that I've tried installs from 2 different CDs? I was an unfortunate buyer of a bad Gold Edition copy a couple weeks ago, so I tried installing from that bad CD and then teh good new CD from Codemasters. Could this be causing it? If so, what files/registry things do I need to remove to do a fresh install? Is it possible to do a fresh install after FADE has activated? Any help is appreciated, I just started Red Hammer and its becoming rediculously annoying.......

Did you use the same CD Key for both installations?

CD Key seems to be the main trigger of FADE.

Also, have you played any network/internet games before FADE appeared?

I think from a post I saw recently the OFP CD key gets stored in the registry somewhere.

If a different CD key was used in the second installation, this is most likely what is triggering FADE.

I know for a fact a no CD patch by itself isn't enough to cause this (no, I don't advocate warez, OK! Just stating a fact, and, for the record, a no CD patch isn't piracy/warez if you use it for your own bought copy of OFP if you don't then install it on more PCs. Just making my stance clear to avoid possible consequences smile.gif ).

used the same CD key for both, and I still haven't played a network game, so don't think thats an issue (not confident enough in my skills yet). I haven't altered anything (ie. a no-cd patch) other then I used an infinite ammo trainer a few times because, hey, its fun. I was under the impression these didn't cause FADE though......?

I couldn't get past After Montignac for the life of me.......so I used the trainer smile.gif

You'd be suprized how effective unlimited M203 grenades can be........

But it was only the one time, I figured that was better then using the endmission cheat at least

tsk tsk, that doesn't justify it!

tounge.gif

sometime in MP i got the FADE message *but it's merely an Hoax becse FADE doesnt activateon my system*... i dunno why.

Well maybe the server has a copied OPF ? smile.gif

/edited

hmm that come to mind me if a FADED dedicated or not MP server can send FADE activation to the clients?

Will FADE be activate, with the time passed playing in MP i feel it will not, but asking the question would be for security after all

I've paid for my sins........now how do I fix this problem? lol

I don't want to have to reformat just to play OFP......

I tried the unlimited ammo cheat just for fun, watched the FADE kick in and had even more fun (you can call me a pervert) then stopped using the unlimited ammo hack and I experienced no more FADE after that, without reinstalling the game.

Isn't it great that the game automatically screws up the the game for cheats! No Cheater Strike here.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mr.P @ May 14 2002,21:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've paid for my sins........now how do I fix this problem? lol

I don't want to have to reformat just to play OFP......<span id='postcolor'>

I would have thought a full uninstall and then a new install would eliminate this.

You are using an original CD, not a copy, aren't you? You seem to be full of suprises. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You are using an original CD, not a copy, aren't you? You seem to be full of suprises<span id='postcolor'>

lol biggrin.gif