Sign in to follow this  
PogMoThoin

ARMA 2: OA beta build 78183

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Huge changelog:

(current patch candidate)

[78174] Improved: Stronger signature checking.

[78153] New: Ctrl+F1..Ctrl+F5 assigns unit to team red/green/blue/yellow/white.

[78150] Changed: Shift-F1..Shift-F5 select corresponding color team (red/green/blue/yellow/white)

[78137] Fixed: Mv22 did not take off when spawned on the ground (http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1852614&postcount=103)

[78113] Fixed: AI no longer sees through fog better than player. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12178) Fixed: weather changes done in the vehicle init line considered when checking AI visibility on the mission start. Improved: Init scripts time limit increased from 3 ms to 100 ms. Optimized: setViewDistance is no longer slow when used to reduce view distance.

[78059] Changed: Yellow server no longer listed at the bottom of the server list.

[78048] Fixed: Signatures GameSpy key truncated to at most 200 Bytes. Too long list has caused other GS keys were not available due to overflow.

[78017] Improved: Convoys now passing crossroads a bit faster.

[78002] Improved: Road obstacle avoidance improved.

[77941] Improved: Alt-F4 no longer exits the game when while playing.

[77855] Fixed: AI unable to traverse some roads when in combat.

Edited by Suma
Removed changes from previous patches.

Huge changelog... FPDR

That`s not the changelog of the newest beta patch... that`s the changes from previous patches too... ;)

This part is new

[78174] Improved: Stronger signature checking.
[78150] Changed: Shift-F1..Shift-F5 select corresponding color team (red/green/blue/yellow/white)
[78137] Fixed: Mv22 did not take off when spawned on the ground (http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost....&postcount=103)
[78113] Fixed: AI no longer sees through fog better than player. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12178) Fixed: weather changes done in the vehicle init line considered when checking AI visibility on the mission start. Improved: Init scripts time limit increased from 3 ms to 100 ms. Optimized: setViewDistance is no longer slow when used to reduce view distance.
[78059] Changed: Yellow server no longer listed at the bottom of the server list.
[78048] Fixed: Signatures GameSpy key truncated to at most 200 Bytes. Too long list has caused other GS keys were not available due to overflow.
[78017] Improved: Convoys now passing crossroads a bit faster.
[78002] Improved: Road obstacle avoidance improved.
[77855] Fixed: AI unable to traverse some roads when in combat.

Great stuff, once again. :)

But how exactly is removing ALT+F4 a improvement? And what's the meaning and/or cause of this change? :confused:

But how exactly is removing ALT+F4 a improvement? And what's the meaning and/or cause of this change? :confused:

I know personally that i've accidentally closed arma several times by pressing alt-F4. Usually from choosing unit 4 while free looking.

My first impression of this beta is good. Textures seems to pop up much less then before, specially when looking through scopes.

What does stronger signature check mean?

ty BIS!

I think most of us are fond of the ALT+F4 functionality and experienced enough not to press F4 while using the standard freelook key (which can be changed!) .. so how can this be an improvement?

*not amused* :(

I know personally that i've accidentally closed arma several times by pressing alt-F4. Usually from choosing unit 4 while free looking.

That fortunately never happened to me.

What I do alot more is holding Alt for a quick freelook and then want to change my target lock on, which is set to Tab.

Alt.. Tab.. FPDR

edit: and yes, please make alt+f4 optional, even if it's a config only option and is disabled by default.

I'd like to have alt+f4 as an option. I for one find it useful to exit the game at a moment's notice and I never have a need to press f4 when freelooking.

:thumbsup:

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Nooo! :( Alt F4 was great, especially when you wanted to exit fast! Sure I accidentally closed the game maybe once in the last year but its a necessary evil imho! :D

Nooo! :( Alt F4 was great, especially when you wanted to exit fast! Sure I accidentally closed the game maybe once in the last year but its a necessary evil imho! :D

If you want to exit game fast, all you need to do first is to pause the game. Alt-F4 still works in all UI screens, including the pause screen and the map.

I understand this change may be not that welcome for some of us, but I think the current version is really better - while it does not happen that often someone presses Alt-F4 by mistake, when it happens, the consequences were quite serious before, and using Esc before Alt-F4 is not really that much slower.

If you want to exit game fast, all you need to do first is to pause the game. Alt-F4 still works in all UI screens, including the pause screen and the map.

What if you accidentally activate disableUserInput and can't pause the game?

One more vote for making Alt-F4 optional.

I have played MP missions where ESC is disabled when dead, so if you want to leave now, you will have to do it through task manager.

What if you accidentally activate disableUserInput and can't pause the game?

Good question. I suggest that with disableUserInput the Alt-F4 works the same as in the pause screen. I cannot see how could anyone press it by mistake in such situation.

----

... and done (in 78185)

Edited by Suma

That works for me.

Might I suggest adding this explanation to the changelog for the next stable patch? It could reduce the number of people freaking out about it, if that is the case. :)

maybe ALT+TAB should be terminated too.

Only when ingame without UI. Tabbing is vital for editing.

Only when ingame without UI. Tabbing is vital for editing.

yes all situation is in-game state

I do not agree, lots of people use ALT-TAB while playing to get back to TS3 and switch channels etc.

/KC