Sign in to follow this  
wolfbite

Android plugin

Hi Tankbuster

Would this not work better with a 7~ inch screen on one of the new ~£100 ~1GHz. Android Tablets such as the Moonse E7003? And even better on one using Android 3?

I think this is a project that has future. Better still would be putting ArmA into Android itself.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Would this not work better with a 7~ inch screen on one of the new ~£100 ~1GHz. Android Tablets such as the Moonse E7003? And even better on one using Android 3?

Thats what I was actually thinking of when I started the project but untill I can find the cause of the connection issues with android based devices then this is limited to a 2nd touchscreen computer (windows/mac or linux), or an ipod/ipad.

The screen size will be an issue in the future as designing the profile webpage so it looks good on size a variety of screen sizes is going to be tough.

The screen size will be an issue in the future as designing the profile webpage so it looks good on size a variety of screen sizes is going to be tough.

But the same could be said of TouchBuddy as well..

But the same could be said of TouchBuddy as well..

Yes, but most used those lilluput 8 inch jobs. I think most profiles were aimed at that. I'm lucky, my 480x800 screen will accommodate quite a few buttons, most smartphones are smaller than that.

Yes, but most used those lilluput 8 inch jobs. I think most profiles were aimed at that. I'm lucky, my 480x800 screen will accommodate quite a few buttons, most smartphones are smaller than that.

yeah my iPod is 320x480 but theres nothing to stop people releasing profiles in multiple sizes - although I doubt many people would

I like to think he has already made most of the design decisions.

To be honest no - feedback is invaluable to the development processes and my main focus right now is making the system as easy as possible for people to use, and the main drawback at present is the requirement to have a reasonable working knowledge of html coding, but when things aren't as crazy at home I'll be looking at creating some sort of tutorial to show just how easy it can be using free online tools.

I have some good news - I think I've finally traced the cause of the issues with connection on Android devices so look for a new build tomorrow, unfortunately as development has been on hold this will be the only change in this build.

Brill. As soon as I can hand the kids off to their mum, i'll test it.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Yes, working fine. Android 2.2 + Firefox connected to Win 7 gaming machine and sent keystrokes.

Fantastic work.

well as somethings are added somethings break :( - had to release a small bugfix - keypresses were repeating - fixed though.

Confirmed Working:

Windows

Internet Explorer

Firefox

Chrome

My Custom Browser (Recommended)

Linux

Firefox(Ubuntu)

Apple

Safari(iOS)

Android

Droid Browser(1.5 Live Android in VMWare)

And hopefully Tankbuster can confirm that it works on the stock browser for a legitimate Android device, and havent managed to test in Mac as yet.

Confirmed working on Desire HD Android 2.2 stock browser, as well as Miren Browser and Firefox. Not Opera, though.

*tested with 0.3.0.

More Android Confirmation

Using the latest Beta (0.3.1.0), Touchdown is now working on my Android smartphone (Motorola Backflip, running Android 2.1).

It works great with the stock browser.

TouchDown Profile for Arma2 (OA) - designed for ipod 480x320

Images taken from the excellent TouchBuddy profile by Buccaneer available here

http://www.touch-buddy.com/forums/local_links.php?catid=4

3 Screens seperated into:

Squad

Movement

Radio/Formations

Feel free to change/modify as you see fit but please keep the credit to Buccaneer intact for his images.

Desrat

Install

Extract to Data\Docs folder in the touchdown directory and connect to "**YOUR-IP**/ArmA_Profile.htm"

ArmA1.png

ArmA2.png

ArmA3.png

Any possibility for it to work on a HTC Wildfire with 320*240 ?

Ty

I dont see why not as long as the browser supports zooming like most phones.

I'd love the "R ctrl M" map to be shown on android devices since I have a galaxyTab.

Will check this app out asap!!

er NM just saw the date on this thread /noob mode

Edited by Panthro
woops

er NM just saw the date on this thread /noob mode

What 11th Feb 2011 - not exactly an old thread..

HI all I have just got ma a Archos 5 IT tablet and would love this to work on it.

Any ideas if it will thanks.

Advent vega tab owner here. Would love it also. 1024 x 600 i believe.

Rgds

Lok