Sign in to follow this  
stk2008

Really wierd AI in dedicated server please help

Hi all please help I have finally got a pc together as a dedi server but I have a huge problem with the AI acting like tards.

Ok here is the problem I could be walking and I see enemy so I shoot him then he will sit there and then decide to shoot but the problem is there aim is miles off and some times 90 degrees from me.

they shoot while turning to some times?.

I am able to walk up to them and they shoot over my head.

I am using mods but its not that I am using the main parts of ACE

@ACE

@ACEX

@ACE_RU

etc

No AI mods.

Now the wierd thing is if I create a normal none dedi server on me pc and play from that the AI kill me fast but via a dedi server there really suck even if I use me game pc as host Quad core btw and I play from the other pc they still cant hit me.

The only thing so far I have came up with is this I use

Tophes ArmA 2 Dedicated Server Tool

As I suck at creating a server normally.

any ways in there under difficulty is settings for AI skill etc at the moment its all set to 0.00 but I am sure they just change the default setting surely leaving it set to 0.00 wont make the AI shoot 90 degrees from me or over my head.

Please help I really want a dedi server.

EDIT

I use the latest BETA on both computers and Launce the dedi server using dedi server tool pointed to the latest BETA server.EXE.

Thanks

EDIT

Ok set AI skill to 1.00 and still no luck WTF is going on here advise please.

Edited by stk2008

Ok I am a twat but you all knew that any way.

I did not select a difficulty on the mission select screen I am surprised no one has done this before though saying that at the same time I did Launce the dedi server tool with 1.00 AI skill and precision.

Any ways I think its fixed :)

EDIT

Ok it dont matter what skill level you select in the missions select screen in ARMA2 if ya use the dedi server tool I use and you keep the AI skill and precsion set at 0.00 it over rides all AI skill settings and sets em to brick wall mode.

I have suggested to tophe that an AI skill and precision setting of 0.00 is a bit mad and what is the point.

Edited by stk2008

Could the computer I use as a dedi server be contributing to the thick AI.

its an old

AMD 64 3500+ I think 2.2ghz?

Abit KN9

X1950 pro

2gb ram

Win XP

Its nothing to right home about

When using a dedicated server, teh AI skill and precision are set to what is in teh server profile. Make sure you start the server pointing at the correct server profile -- and no, 0.00 is silly for skill and precision.