Sign in to follow this  
Archamedes

BAE Harrier For sale

Well I always wanted to have a Jet that can land in my back garden......damn I just don´t have the money^^

Argg, I am $56,00 short :(

And, anyone here knows if it will fit on my balkony?

Any offers must be followed within 24 hours by a written offer accompanied by a cashier's check payable against a reputable US or UK bank, a wire transfer or a PayPal transfer (instructions to be provided after your offer is received) for 5% of your offer. Should your offer not be accepted, the check will be returned to you.
Hahahaha!

Foxhound: with all the road traffic jams in your country that I've experienced... I think its worth it :)

p.s. good thing I've collected close to $1M with island donations =) j/k ;)

Edited by IceBreakr

HMS Invincible was on the MOD auction site for 1-5 million. A Turkish scrap dealer has bought it.

That would look good in my garden too.

Think I'm going to have to google that up and see what Snatch Land Rovers go for.

http://www.mod-sales.com/auction/vehicle/related/35197/LANDROVER_110_V8_SNATCH_-_TUM_(HT)_WVPK_PATROL_(DESERTISED).htm

£3,500 is the current bid.

You would have thought they could have wiped a damp cloth over the thing before they put it up for sale. No wonder they are always skint!

I notice they had an armoured Jaguar XJ8 on sale last month. That would get me a CPS job pretty quick.

Edited by Baff1

you would all be surprised with what you can actually pick up if you have the money

perhaps sir is interested in a decommisioned NUCLEAR missile silo with hundreds of miles of underground tunnels and a bomb proof bunker? perfect for the holiday retreat or a nice secure place to live if ever there were a zombie outbreak

http://www.missilebases.com/properties

http://www.missilebases.com/denver

if you are having problems justifying why a missile silo isn't a suitable home below is a link explaining the uses for one, unfotunatly batcave isn't one of them

http://www.silohome.com/id63.htm

If you find that the missile silo is not enough to keep you satisfied, maybe you would be interested in buying an ex military aircraft carrier to take friends out on a fishing trip.

http://www.ships-for-sale.com/aircraft_carrier.htm

does make you worry about bin laden getting his hands on some of this stuff

does make you worry about bin laden getting his hands on some of this stuff

Those things have been stripped of engines, weapons and electronics.

You're local hardware store has more things that can be turned into a weapon.

Al-qaeda is not the threat. It's Muslims sympathetic to them popping out babies in North America and Europe at 10x the rate of the native population who are the threat. (Malmo Sweden would be a prime example of this)

Al-qaeda is not the threat. It's Muslims sympathetic to them popping out babies in North America and Europe at 10x the rate of the native population who are the threat. (Malmo Sweden would be a prime example of this)

[jk] well some austrian guy found a possible solution for this kind of problems more than 60 years ago you might want to look that up :j: [/jk]

Wow it's only page 2 and someone think the thread is ready to decay into religion/politic debate BS. Wow

Anyone been to the Tate Britain recently? There's an old Harrier hanging from the ceiling in the main hall with it's nose a few centimetres from the floor, you could just about lay underneath it.

EDIT: Just tried to find a picture of it and looks like it was taken out at the beginning of this year. But here's a picture and here too.

Edited by HotShot

Listing got taken off... strange. And yeah those planes are harmless, at that point it's just as hard to put bombs on to a cessna.

Already sold... what a shame it was just what i needed to make my collection complete.

One hour flight would cost me around 17-22k EUR, so I'll stick with my car ;)

Oh shi~... Less than 4K euro for Land Rover?! That's damn cheap!

Actually, £3700 for a 19 year old Landy is quite expensive by Withams' standards. They sell a lot 'normal' Defenders for under 3 grand and they'll be in better knick than that Snatch.

Having been there myself; some of the vehicles they have are actually a good bargain; even without an interest in militaria. On the other hand, some of the stuff they sell is utterly f**ked (I mean stuff that would be scrap if it didn't have value for collectors). From the description; that Snatch sounds like there's nothing that wrong with it but I wouldn't take it at face value.

Snatches are pretty rare to the civvy market so the price is inflated somewhat (the fact they have a V8 also adds a premium). I dare say that Snatch will be utterly shagged (no pun intended) compared to most of the wagons they sell given the nature of the operations it'll have been used on.

So for an example of a Land Rover in general, its value is dubious. It's real value comes from it's historic significance.

Already sold... what a shame it was just what i needed to make my collection complete.

The T.2 was removed because of eBay's policy on selling weapons. I dare say that was also the reason for the FA.2's listing, being removed; not because it was sold.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bradford-west-yorkshire-12429880

A bit daft given that neither aircraft would have been capable of carrying munitions (the RAF/RN would have made sure) and one wasn't even in running condition.

Anyone been to the Tate Britain recently? There's an old Harrier hanging from the ceiling in the main hall with it's nose a few centimetres from the floor, you could just about lay underneath it.

EDIT: Just tried to find a picture of it and looks like it was taken out at the beginning of this year. But here's a picture and here too.

I've had wierder crashes in ArmA2. :)

Abs

My wife's boss has a WW2 Kittyhawk as a 'hobby'. Its cost him millions so far. He might be interested in a harrier (hopefully, so i can go for a fly with him).