Sennacherib

vegetation choice

vegetation choice  

16 members have voted

1. 1. vegetation choice

• I44_Jc vegetation
    • Berghoff vegetation
    • Bis vegetation

hi, I work currently on a WW2 map, and I don't know which vegetation, I should use:

Edited by Sennacherib

Voted for BIS, but you can try with I44. It produces more lag, but for me it's better than Berghoff's.

I like the Inv44 vegetation, but at the last lod the models disappear and, in my opinion, this is annoying.

It produces more lag

i checked theirs models; and they don't use a lot of faces per model; and little textures. they shouldn't produce lag

Is I44_Jc vegetation used in Anjou V3 (with grass) ?

In that case go for it, just for the WW2 feel.

Though Berghoff's stuff is amazing (I love the nordic pack and wished his northen CWC island were not beta).

As for bis vegetation, well except from the Nogova one, it is quite crappy (IMHO).

And having Nogova vegetation just feels like "Another Nogova Island"...

no, this is the latest release: http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=10581

;)

Damn ! ... Another addon I missed to fetch :)

After 5min testing, I must say the grass is amazing, The trees are nice ( still prefer Berghoff 's ones) and would mix well with Resistance ones.

As I cannot vote again cout +1 on "I44_Jc vegetation " for a French Contryside WW2 Island.

:o

I've picked Berghoff's, but I took another look @ the I44_Jc vegetation on Normandy - if you can do with Berghoff's vegetation what the I44 guys did on their other islands (on my computer, the LOD popping in JC Normady is too much. . .), it might be nice (hopefully, the lag would not be killer). If not, I would eagerly await what you would work up with the I44_Jc vegetation, because I think they're a really close #2.

Your building painting has been great to see!

I sent an email to JC for having his agreement for modify the lods; for now I have no reply.

i like Berghoff's vegetations, but in my opinion, they don't fit very well the french vegetation (NW, N parts of France).

JC is innactive in community. He didn't responded even for his e-mail-s. So proper credit and voila ;)

yes, this is a solution. :)

for now, I make some test, to find the good vegetation.

for example, Jojimbo's fields have too much faces, even the shadow lod. When the shadow option is activated, his fields cause lag.

My question may be stupid but.. why You can't use Fab's vegetation? If I remember You was very close with Fab. in wwIIEC team. Objects Like poles,hedgerows,bushes,grasses etc will be excellent :)

Ok- Maybe will be soon release ;) Caen I think.

ok, after hours of tests. finally I chose a mix between JC's vegetation and BIS vegetation.

Berghoff's trees and plants are really nice, but they are not appropriate for West France, and they don't match at BIS vegetation

About JC's vegetation: I removed a lod, now the vegetation doesn't disappear, and I removed also some mistakes in the models (map: forrest etc), and I modified also the geometry lods. Some of them had problems.

:)

btw: thx for your votes ;)

ok, after hours of tests. finally I chose a mix between JC's vegetation and BIS vegetation.

Berghoff's trees and plants are really nice, but they are not appropriate for West France, and they don't match at BIS vegetation

About JC's vegetation: I removed a lod, now the vegetation doesn't disappear, and I removed also some mistakes in the models (map: forrest etc), and I modified also the geometry lods. Some of them had problems.

btw: thx for your votes ;)

Great!

That's good news, one of the most frustrating things on vegetation is the disappear thing.

Good job ;), waiting for your map

thx.

currently there is a fight between my hedgerows and the AI. but the hedgerows work fine, the only problem is to find the proper spacing between them or the AI vehicles don't pass. :Oo:

ok, after the last test, I decided to use BIS vegetations + some trees, bushes from other addons. I won't use JC vegetation (excepted the fern).