Sign in to follow this  
EMSI

ÄŒSLA SP/MP competition 2011

CSLA_MPaSPcompetition_2011.jpg

ÄŒSLA Studio opens the Arma 2:CO SP/MP missions competition 2011!

If you want to see your mission in our MOD released for the Arma 2:Combined Operations (A2+A2:OA), open your in-game editor and start with editing.

Themes for the missions are free, so you may create conflicts between the AFMC and ÄŒSLA, ÄŒSLA and FIA or NAPA etc. For detailed info see Basic rules below.

When the competition will be finished, we choose few best missions and they will be added into the any upcoming patch.

Authors will receive some ÄŒSLA stuff awards.

Basic rules:

1. All missions must be designed in A2:CO game (A2+A2:OA).

2. Preferred locations are community island Kulima by Acutres and official islands Chernarusia with Utes.

3. Please, don't use any other unofficial addons.

4. Number and types (SP/MP) of missions are not limited by the one author.

5. Minimal requested language for the subtitles in the missions is ENG (additional welcomed can be CZ/SK and all other "official" languages of course) and must be included in the XML file.

6. Dubbing for the missions is not requested (but welcomed in proper quality).

7. It's highly recomended to use only the original soundtrack from the both games.

8. Any conversions of SP/MP missions must have also written permission.

Competition will be finished at Monday, 1st of August 2011 and best missions will be chosen within Thursday, 1st of September 2011.

cslapromo.jpg

Awards (all with ÄŒSLA logos):

1. place: fleece vest, T-shirt, cap and token

2. place: T-shirt, cap and token

3.-5. places: T-shirts and tokens

6.-10. places: tokens

Missions can be submitted via PM, Skype or directly from here.

In case of any questions, don't hesitate to contact us ... ;)

Edited by EMSI

Wow, I'd be happy to have a crack at this, if it needs to be done by August, is there any rules against Campaigns?

Longer time period was reserved also for the creators of any short/long campaign. ;)

Nice!

I will enter at some point.

Cant get enough of ÄŒSLA it rocks :)

Very interesting... glad to see modders for modders competitions with reward! :)

Can users from outside of czech-repoblic (like england) will allow to get this competition?

can you allow me to make missions in Takistan or any OA Offical island to win this competition?

can i make mission in other languages like Hebrew and add english subtitles?

Edited by Cobra5000
add question

If you read again the first post, you will find there all the answers to your questions.

Anyway ...

a) yes

b) yes, but I'm not sure about the woodland camo on the Takistan deserts :)

c) yes

You must have a english subtitles as default. Other language variants are permitted (aren't prohibited).

Well, I don't think I would be able to find voice actors to do this, and my clan sorta needs missions out of me aswell, so I'll probably stick to 1 or 2 missions.

Which videos and music you allow to put to my mission to this event? legally video and music or anything?

And how much my user-missions can i send?

Edited by Cobra5000

@Militantsausage:

6. Dubbing for the missions is not requested (but welcomed in proper quality).
@Cobra5000: ... again, everything in the first post ...
4. Number and types (SP/MP) of missions are not limited by the one author.

7. It's highly recomended to use only the original soundtrack from the both games.

Can i add sounds and voices from offical ARMA2:CO campaigns+ BAF and PMC campaigns to my mission to this competition?

Can i add sounds and voices from offical ARMA2:CO campaigns+ BAF and PMC campaigns to my mission to this competition?

Doesnt sound like it but lets say what the CSLA Team thinks.

Yes, but keep in mind that everybody doesn't have those extensions (BAF+PMC) ... if you want to link those files directly from the PBOs.

In case of extracting of those files, there can be some conflict of interests with the EULA.

This is the reason why we prefer the original soundtracks only from the A2 and A2:OA.

Edited by EMSI

I ask it because i want for example add a clip from the PMC campaign only for my mission like a video massage about betraying the commander (like in the last mission if i didn't kill dixon) of CSLA for example

i saw some missions with OFP sounds that OFP was built by BIS before arma2!

Yes, but keep in mind that everybody doesn't have those extensions (BAF+PMC) ... if you want to link those files directly from the PBOs.

Just a small sidenote: you have BAF Lite and PMC Lite containing those sounds (even thou they are not of a perfect quality then) if you patch OA with latest patches. There shouldn't be any problem linking those files directly.

pettka, the BAF+PMC multimedia contents i mean are all videos,voices sounds (like "you gonna with that prick, fine..." when the player need make a choise before PMC last mission on the campaign) of BAF and PMC campaigns

if the lite versions of those DLC including those campaigns?

pettka, the BAF+PMC multimedia contents i mean are all videos,voices sounds (like "you gonna with that prick, fine..." when the player need make a choise before PMC last mission on the campaign) of BAF and PMC campaigns

if the lite versions of those DLC including those campaigns?

I am sure for BAF and they should be there for PMC too.

If they are all also in the "lite" version and they can be linked, then everything will be okay. It's better to link them instead of any manual extraction. ;)

I'll definitely give this a shot if I can still remember a few of months from now... About that, I think this competition's deadline is way too late or it was announced too early.

I'll give this a shot. Celery: I think its a pretty good time limit if you want to submit a campaign instead of a mission though.

Submission: A&S ProMode (Advance And Secure) Game Mode

1. OA only/CO - select CSLA/AFMC modset in the mission parameters.

2. Random mode available for Kulima, Chernarusia and Utes.

3. No other unofficial addons required.

5. Stringtable.xml is present with all languages defined. DE/RU/FR are

translated for the most parts. Still looking for people to translate other

languages like CZ/SK.

7. Via radio (0-0-3) one can play the original soundtrack from the both

games while playing.

Notes:

* The CSLA version is still WIP and will get improved over time.

* You can find all info about the game mode in the PvPscene wiki.

* There is also the

and various introduction videos.

Enjoy. :)

Don't forget!

1.VIII.2011 is approaching!

Edited by Faly