Sign in to follow this  
i3eefy

Change the M1 driving controls

Hey Guys and girls

Now my problem is I want to change the controls on the M1 Abrams so that when I reverse its not logic to steer right the tank goes right.

So you have to turn left to go right in reverse.

Any ideas and help on this would be great.

Thanks again

The controls are perfectly logical. The more power you apply to one track the faster it moves. In reverse, when the left track is runnin faster than the right track then it turns to the right. I thought someone who has M1 tanks in his sig would have known that.

Anyway, to answer your question: it's not possible to "reverse" the controls just for one direction (moving backwards). I'm sorry.

And you can believe me, regardless of what i think is right or wrong, if there would be a solution i would have told you.

Thanks Myke

Ya the M1A1 has no logic when reversing. Its like when trying to reverse a trailer and to make the trailer go left you have to turn the car right. Its a bit shit if you ask me that the M1 does that.

Anyways thanks for you answer.

Cheers mate

Thanks Myke

Ya the M1A1 has no logic when reversing. Its like when trying to reverse a trailer and to make the trailer go left you have to turn the car right. Its a bit shit if you ask me that the M1 does that.

Anyways thanks for you answer.

Cheers mate

It is logical if you think about it, it's just, people are not used to drive a tracked vehicle. ;)

Actually myke, it really depends on the vehicle.

Some have their reversing controlls setup logically, some have them...well.. reversed. But as you say, theres no mechanism in ArmA2 to control it, so you're SOL either way.

lol you guys never driven a tank while a commander shouts "reverse" "Right" and you pull the mouse left? whats the logic in that? :j:

no its better left like it is and let things be logical and easy for the public.

when the commander shouts right, I pull right Hoooaaah :yay:

@I3eefy: its not a car :P

Edited by ScareCroweb

@I3eefy: its not a car :P

I realize its not a car mate. I was just trying to explain it better thats all.

Anyways I thought I would ask the question as it would help me in training so that I would get used to it.

Thanks to all for the replies anyway.