Sign in to follow this  
slatts

SeaLift Ship (Based on the HMNZS Canterbury)

Hey guys

Over the weekend, i seen this ship on the internet, HMNZS Canterbury, a sealift ship in service in NZ. Even though i stopped my projects, i thought this could be a good ship to make for arma.

So i set about making it, however i wont call it the canterbury, as there are some differences to the real life ship, and i feel it wouldnt be right to call it the ship it isnt

So, after making a basic model of the outside, and adding the cargo hold, i thought it needs an inside for troops, so i set about making a basic walkway system from the cargo hold, right up to the bridge. i found i had a lot of room still to play around with. so i made a big room with two smaller rooms for gear and briefing rooms

some pics, from buldozer

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/deck.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/walkways.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/side.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/cargo.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/canterbury2.jpg

So what i ask from the community, is what would you add to the ship that you feel would make it a proper ship, e.g. what, and where would you add rooms, weapon systems, anything to make the ship look better.

P.S. if any project would like to texture the ship, please PM me, as i havnt the knowledge, never mind the time to do that

I will however get the config working :)

I would add:

- A medium size gun such a 25 mm bushmaster in the fore castle

- Decoy launchers (a la Mk36 Super RBOC) behind the bridge (I have given you the code in a PM)

- Animated cranes (to release the LCUs). Two options

a: Set a couple of animations when using an action the cranes animate and the LCUs are loaded or unloaded. That would need an script file that would execute sequentially some animations so the cranes rotate and lower/go up to load/unload the LCUs

b: Set the cranes as turrets with fake weapons and add to their operators actions so the LCUs are attached to the cranes and then moved. The LCUs would be loaded when an action is activated and unloaded when another is selected. This way you could also load other things on the flight deck

These scripts are being done by CFBASI for his Sir Tristam class LST

- Attachto points on the flight deck for two helicopters. An action pops up when hovering over the flight deck and then the helicopter is attached. Ask GNAT for permission to use his excellent scripts. For helicopters that use a folding animation (such as the V-22, the Cobra or the UH-1Y another command could be added to the script so when the helicopters are attached the folding animation is played, and when you want to take off the reverse animation is played too)

- A well dock accesible via a stern door. This door should be animated and another attachto point could be placed inside the well dock to make possible to attach an LCU or similar inside the well dock

- Animated RHIBs on the sides, so when an action is played the proxy dissapears and a crewed RHIB is created besided the ship.

- Animated land_contact points: When the ship is damaged if you animate the land contact points of one side you could make the ship look like if it was listening to one side (port or starboard)

- Animated strobes/lights: Maybe animated on/off via an action

Buf...

That's what I can think know

I know how to do most of them, but I can't model a s**t so I can't help you in that.

Keep up the good work!!!!

ive got plenty of resources if you want them mate, also can get photos when shes in dock

I would add:

- A medium size gun such a 25 mm bushmaster in the fore castle

- Decoy launchers (a la Mk36 Super RBOC) behind the bridge (I have given you the code in a PM)

- Animated cranes (to release the LCUs). Two options

a: Set a couple of animations when using an action the cranes animate and the LCUs are loaded or unloaded. That would need an script file that would execute sequentially some animations so the cranes rotate and lower/go up to load/unload the LCUs

b: Set the cranes as turrets with fake weapons and add to their operators actions so the LCUs are attached to the cranes and then moved. The LCUs would be loaded when an action is activated and unloaded when another is selected. This way you could also load other things on the flight deck

These scripts are being done by CFBASI for his Sir Tristam class LST

- Attachto points on the flight deck for two helicopters. An action pops up when hovering over the flight deck and then the helicopter is attached. Ask GNAT for permission to use his excellent scripts. For helicopters that use a folding animation (such as the V-22, the Cobra or the UH-1Y another command could be added to the script so when the helicopters are attached the folding animation is played, and when you want to take off the reverse animation is played too)

- A well dock accesible via a stern door. This door should be animated and another attachto point could be placed inside the well dock to make possible to attach an LCU or similar inside the well dock

- Animated RHIBs on the sides, so when an action is played the proxy dissapears and a crewed RHIB is created besided the ship.

- Animated land_contact points: When the ship is damaged if you animate the land contact points of one side you could make the ship look like if it was listening to one side (port or starboard)

- Animated strobes/lights: Maybe animated on/off via an action

Buf...

That's what I can think know

I know how to do most of them, but I can't model a s**t so I can't help you in that.

Keep up the good work!!!!

thanks for the tips on the crane, should come in handy

afaik from pics, the ramp at the back is used for loading LAVs onto the LCU while at sea, so a lowerable ramp is a must :) as well as the ramp at the side

the rhibs i hope to do also

and also the lights, isnt there an addon that allows you to place lights anywhere you want? cant think of the name

but im sure someone could help that in the config

and Crash, some inside pics would be great :) and what resources do you have? cheers