Sign in to follow this  
lastninja

Operation Arrowhead campaign graphics horror

Hi, I just bought OA & DLCs, but when loading up the campaign of OA, the first mission you are on a helicopter, flying towards land.

While you are here, you look to the right, and you see the minigun side gunner of the chopper.. for some reason, he has developed into a triangle man. With stick figure arms, flat and basically the graphics of late 90's. His nose is the centre of the triangle! He is Mr Triangle Helicopter man!! When you get out of the chopper, if you turn around you can see this man is on both sides of the helicopter, and looks ABSOLUTELY retarded, like some spastic lego man robot.

Seriously, PLEASE update this model or change at least for the campaign!!! It was the SADDEST beginning, even though I am really enjoying the campaign when I didn't like Arma 1 missions much at all, Arma 2 & OA I am quite enjoying.. but that was THE worst start to anything I've ever seen.

It absolutely looks retarded.

Anyone that DIDN'T notice this, please start a new profile or replay the first mission and see what I'm talking about. Most of the start flying over the water u can just see the edge of his helmet and retard arms.. then as he turns his head to scan the areas, you see he is Mr Triangle.

I was so horrified after paying $60 for an EXPANSION which was basically Arma 3.. to find this straight off!!!!!!!

screenshots, what version, what OS, what drivers, what GPU

Hi, I will get some screens next time I load it up in next day or so -

It is latest version, Steam download, so I can't change the version or have it NOT updated (I always leave auto-update setting for all Steam games), only purchased a couple of days ago.

I am using AMD X4 Phenom 2 black (965 I think it is), Gigabyte GTX460 Super Overclock, 8GB G Skill eco 13333 RAM, GB GM880-UD2H rev 1.2 mobo, I was using 260 version Nvidia drivers but just today updated to 266 so I will see if same thing happens, OS is Windows 7 ultimate x64. I had hoped it wasn't something normal!

It's not that easy to see, while in the chopper with the 4 members of your crew, they are talking and you are meant to grab the laser designator. While this is happening, I keep my view on the furthest to the RIGHT, so I can see my shoulder, and I see Mr Triangle! It was so funny, but also very depressing, for my first view of the new game!

I'll post screens next day or so, sorry I am very hectic at the moment, it has been a horrible year and only this past week have I had some time to start gaming again.

Another thing, I purchased original ARMA from Direct2Drive, without noticing it was Combat Operations, not GOLD.. while Atari don't even sell this anymore, it is the ATARI version, while at the ATARI site, they sell the GOLD for the same price as D2D sells the normal without Queen's Gambit! I just had to go to Sprocket now to get the addon.. SO annoying, I emailed D2D so hopefully they take the old version down and update it with the GOLD version, since I saw people commenting on the page from past few days so people are obviously still buying this, when it is a bit of a rip off.. I have to thank you also for having the expansion on sale, so it only cost me an extra AUD $6, but now I have paid $27/28 for what should have cost me $20 through ATARI or Sprocket or Steam.. :( D2D not being very good in this instance, I'd never used before, but I won't use again.